***UPDATE***Pacman found NOT GUILTY of Assault.

He should be smart enough not to put himself in this situation anyways.  I understand he wants to have fun, but he kind of ruined that when the whole strip club fiasco went down.  At this point it should be reds game, fast-food/awful chain restaurant, and then home.

Why does this stuff happen to Adam Jones? I just don't get it. Andy Dalton is at Reds games all the time, yet things never go this way. I love Pac as a player, but there is a common denominator in all of his problems. 

Because once you get in trouble it some times makes you a target for people looking to make a quick buck.

FUCK! My guess is he will get at least a 4 game suspension out of this. You have to be smarter than this. If it were anyone else no big deal, its self defense. But when you are Adam Jones you no longer get the benefit of the doubt, and he has no one to blame but himself. DAMMIT

Adam Jones to be charged after Thursday incident at bar

Posted by Mike Florio on June 10, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
jones.jpg?w=218AP

The football player formerly known as Pacman has done a decent job of staying out of trouble in recent years.

That ended Thursday, with an incident in a Cincinnati bar that will result in Jones turning himself in to authorities later today.

Bengals cornerback Adam Jones broke the news of his predicament on Twitter:  “Just got arrested for protecting myself, I will not let this break me or change what I have work so hard for. . . .”

His agent, Peter Schaffer, tells PFT by phone that Jones was at a bar after a Reds game.  Jones was approached by two women that he deemed to be intoxicated, and they wanted to take a picture with him.  Jones declined.

After he declined, one of them threw a beer bottle at him, striking his head from point blank range.  So he turned and slapped her and said, “What are your doing?  Stop it!”

Schaffer says that he has spoken to multiple eyewitnesses who corroborate Jones’ version of the events.  Schaffer also says that the police have spoken to none of the witnesses, other than the two women.

“If it was anybody other than Adam Jones, they would have investigated it,” Schaffer said of the police.  “If it was anybody other than Adam Jones, they wouldn’t have arrested him.”

We haven’t researched Ohio law on self-defense, so we don’t know whether a retaliatory slap after being struck by an object is permissible.  Still, if Jones’ version is accurate, he wasn’t the aggressor.  At a minimum, the woman who threw the bottle also should be charged.

Jones, a first-round pick of the Titans in 2005, had multiple brushes with the law early in his career.  Since serving a one-year suspension from 2007 to 2008, he largely has remained out of trouble.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/10/adam-jones-to-be-charged-after-thursday-incident-at-bar/

Sounds like a non-issue if there were witnesses corroborating his story. That said it sounds like the bottle hit him and rather than a natural reaction of hitting it out of the way ect, he smacked her after it hit him rather than walking away. Could be non-issue, could be settled out of court on assult chargers. He needs to be smarter than that.

In college I had a drunk ex girlfriend on spring break come up to me, start yelling at me and the hit me three times in the face. She was a small girl so it didn't really hurt but I obviously had to do something to get her to stop so I put my hand on her forehead/face and pushed her away so that she was far enough away that she couldn't keep htting me. Guess what she told everyone that would listen? That I slapped her across the face. Luckily, there were a ton of people around so everyone knew I didn't do anything more than move her out of arms length, wouldn't be at all surprised if this was something similar.

Seems as if this a different situation. They weren't continuously hitting him. They threw something at him and he slapped her. In my opinion, she deserved far worse than a slap but that isn't the point. The real point here is that if you are Pacman Jones and you go to a bar, expect bad things to happen. The fact that he, nor anyone around him recognizes this, speaks volumes. Pacman Jones should never ever ever be in a bar, club, or any other spot where these types of things occur frequently.

Seems as if this a different situation. They weren't continuously hitting him. They threw something at him and he slapped her. In my opinion, she deserved far worse than a slap but that isn't the point. The real point here is that if you are Pacman Jones and you go to a bar, expect bad things to happen. The fact that he, nor anyone around him recognizes this, speaks volumes. Pacman Jones should never ever ever be in a bar, club, or any other spot where these types of things occur frequently.

Perhaps. However at the same time he shouldn't be given a prison sentance from those places either. However he should know the potential for getting into trouble at places like that and should have better judgement on how to behave if he does go there.

I don't go to bars, but I also don't hear many stories about people getting hit in the head with beer bottles at them.

Let's also not assume that Jones was even drinking.

I don't go to bars, but I also don't hear many stories about people getting hit in the head with beer bottles at them.

Let's also not assume that Jones was even drinking.

It happens sometimes, espessally when people are drunk.

I may have missed it, but I didnt see where he said he was.

Per @CarrieSmithEnq HamCo prosecutors say Adam "Pacman" Jones has been charged with assault for punching a female patron outside a Cincy bar

Per a friend of Adam Jones, incident happened at FB's, a downtown Cincy bar. The Bengals had taken batting practice with the Reds that day.

Again, Jones plans on turning himself in this afternoon. He believes there is security tape from FB's of the incident that'll exonerate him.

Cincinnati City Prosecutor Charlie Rubenstein has confirmed that Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was arrested on one count of assault for punching a female patron outside of a Downtown bar. 

Rubenstein could not confirm when the incident occurred.

Jones also tweeted this afternoon that he has been arrested. "Just got arrested for protecting myself, I will not let this break me or change what I have work so hard for ..." Jones said. 

As of 1:30 p.m. Jones had not yet been processed through the Hamilton County jail, said Hamilton County Sheriff's spokesman Jim Knapp.

Agent Peter Schaffer told USA Today sports that Jones was standing outside of a bar on Wednesday night after the Cincinnati Reds’ game against the Colorado Rockies, when he was approached by two women who wanted to take a picture with him. 

Schaffer said Jones told them no “because he’s married and the last thing he wants is a picture with two women showing up on Twitter or something.”

Schaffer said Jones told him he was then hit in the head with a bottle from only a few feet away.

“He turns around and immediately slaps the person. He has no idea what’s going on or threw the bottle,” Schaffer said. “His teammates have enough of this and they walk out.”

This is the third time since Oct. 2010 that Jones has been involved in an off-field incident in Cincinnati.

Following a loss to Tampa Bay on Oct. 10, 2010, Jones was handcuffed and detained near Great American Ball Park after being involved in a traffic incident. Cincinnati Police later apologized, saying Jones had done nothing wrong and that it was a communication breakdown between officers.

On July 9, 2011, Jones was arrested for disorderly conduct while intoxicated and resisting arrest outside a Cincinnati nightclub. Six months later, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was placed on one year of probation, pay a $250 fine and court costs and do 50 hours of community service. The resisting arrest charge was dropped after Jones apologized to police.

Since entering the league as a first-round pick by Tennessee in 2005, Jones has had at least seven other arrests and a dozen instances that have involved police. He was suspended for the 2007 season by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for repeated violations of the personal conduct policy. He played one season in Dallas, Sat out the 2009 season and signed with the Bengals in May of 2010.

Despite the off-field incidents, many feel that Jones has turned his career around. Last summer he spoke at the NFL Rookie Symposium about his experiences and is scheduled to do so again this year.

During the offseason, Jones signed a three-year deal with the Bengals worth $5.35 million with $1 million guaranteed. 

"They stuck with me through thick and thin," Jones said of the Bengals. "I like it here. I would like to finish my career here."

This past season, Jones played in every game for the first time in his career, starting five, and had 43 tackles, 11 passes defensed (tied for second on the team), a sack and a forced fumble. He was also seventh in the NFL in punt returns, averaging 11.6 years. He had an 81-yard return for a touchdown against Cleveland on Sept. 16 and was named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.

The Bengals have no comment on Jones’ arrest, citing their usual policy of wanting to wait for the legal process to sort itself out before making a statement. 

"I'm at a point in my life where I'm not doing the same things that I used to," said Jones during the Bengals minicamp last season. "Now that I'm grown up you are accountable for certain things. Everything you do reflects on you and the consequences are yours."

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130610/spt02/306100079/adam-pacman-jones-says-he-s-been-arrested?nclick_check=1

As I tell my young sons, you can never ever never hit a girl. There's not a single excuse that will hold up. You will always be in the wrong. As hard and as unjust as this may be you ALWAYS have to walk away.

I guess Pacman's dad forgot to tell him.

In this incident oh yes it is.

Wanna act like a man, you get treated like a man.

[media]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RBV1u0La088[/media]

No I'm sorry but you dont, you can subdue the woman in order to protect yourself, sure, but you never ever hit a woman.

if the drunk person was a man, is Jones getting arrested?

hard to say

As I tell my young sons, you can never ever never hit a girl. There's not a single excuse that will hold up. You will always be in the wrong. As hard and as unjust as this may be you ALWAYS have to walk away.

I guess Pacman's dad forgot to tell him.

Oh really? If a bitch comes at you with a knife and wants to kill you,you just gonna try and walk away? Or hold them back? Thats how guys get killed by woman. I would never hit a female unless they want to SERIOUSLY hurt me.

The alleged assault occurred at 100 W. Sixth St. at 11:45 p.m. Wednesday, according to the incident report.

The victim, a 34-year-old woman, called police, who noted a minor injury to her head.

The incident report, taken by Cincinnati Police, does not name a suspect and the single sentence in the investigative narrative says "unknown suspect punched victim in the head," despite the victim naming her alleged attacker as "Bengal's player Packman [SIC] Jones" in her call to police. 

The incident recall report says the incident occurred at FB Cincinnati, a swank bar open downtown since 2009 at 134 W. Sixth St., although it is not listed as the address in the incident report filled out by police.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130610/SPT02/306100079

It's the same thing as Chris Henry's last arrest. Did he actually commit a crime? No. Should he have been around a situation like that in the first place? Heck no! He's Pacman Jones for god's sake. Even non football fans could recognize him. Lots of trouble arises when people are intoxicated. Where are there a lot of intoxicated people? Bars/Clubs. Avoid those places!

Archived