***UPDATE***Pacman found NOT GUILTY of Assault.

It's also perfectly understandable then for his employer to realize that you truly cannot count on him on any given day. if he does end up getting suspended, he will have let down every member of the organization, from his teammates all the way to Mike Brown, and shouldn't deserve even a scintilla of sympathy. No one told him to go to the bar. he made that decision all on his own. 

:lol:

Considering he was at that bar with some of his teammates, I doubt they'll be too hard on him.  

I was all ready to say that this was being blown way out of proportion, but that video doesn't look good. It almost looks like the girl just touches the bottle to his face (why she would do that I have no idea) and then he hauls off and punches her right away.

Same thought I had.  This video makes Jones look bad.  She didn't even slap him with the bottle, or throw it.....she simply put it up to his face/cheek area (from what I can tell from  video) and he swings.  Wasn't the swing of a slap either.....more like a fist. 

The worst outcome in this may be that everyone now knows all you have to do is put something in his face and you will get a violent physical reaction. If people came after him for money before, it certainly won't get any better now.

One of the greatest lessons in life is that you can feel an emotion and not react on it. You can feel angry and not attack someone. There is nothing she could have done to him that would necessitate him attacking her. I think the most telling thing is that he had to be carried/pushed away because he was so furious at her for what she did. You can't really tell if he hit her or just pushed the bottle back and she fell or whatever. Is beer being spilled on you a little worth 2-4 games of an NFL paycheck?

It's also perfectly understandable then for his employer to realize that you truly cannot count on him on any given day. if he does end up getting suspended, he will have let down every member of the organization, from his teammates all the way to Mike Brown, and shouldn't deserve even a scintilla of sympathy. No one told him to go to the bar. he made that decision all on his own. 

Yeah that's not going to happen, this doesnt merrit suspension, it merrits him being more careful about how he reacts next time.

From a personnel machivealean standpoint. This gives Fitzpatrick more responsibility early in the year, saves a roster spot for someone during the first -group of games, and hopefully keeps an aging-oft-injured vet healthy for our Super Bowl Run.

Yeah that's not going to happen, this doesnt merrit suspension, it merrits him being more careful about how he reacts next time.

You don't think so? I would assume an assault charge and a few games.

Same thought I had.  This video makes Jones look bad.  She didn't even slap him with the bottle, or throw it.....she simply put it up to his face/cheek area (from what I can tell from  video) and he swings.  Wasn't the swing of a slap either.....more like a fist. 

Not sure I agree, she puts her bottle up to the face and he pushes it away, he doesnt swing at her until she threw the bottle at him, and looking at it it looks more like she attempted to throw her drink on him, not throw the bottle at him.

You can't make out from there whether he punched or slapped her, but if that's the real surveillance tape it should be an open-and-shut case and Pacman might make some coin off the PD.  Whatever his reaction was, it was clearly an immediate response to an aggressive move on her part (although it does not appear that she throws or even hits him; still, if someone sticks something into your face in an aggressive manner your body can/will react).

The other thing is that there are CLEARLY multiple witnesses. I see at least 4 who are directly watching the exchange before the assault(s).  

1st)   Jones says he being arrested for defending himself.

2nd)  His lawyer tweets that Jones was jumped at a Red's game.

3rd)  That wasn't quite right, it was at a bar after a Red's game.

4th)   Nope, that was wrong too, it was outside of a bar after a Red's game.

5th)   But its OK.  Jones was there at a team function mingling with fans and his teammates.

6th)   But just because he was there with fans and teammates, that's no reason to take a picture with a fan because he is married although he is at a team function with teammates.

7th)   And how many teammates do you count in the video?

Wouldn't consider that self defense either. Self defense would be if she was hitting him with the bottle and the only way he could get her off was to hit her. Clearly wasn't the case here. This seems to be a retaliation assault, not self defense.

1st)   Jones says he being arrested for defending himself.

2nd)  His lawyer tweets that Jones was jumped at a Red's game.

3rd)  That wasn't quite right, it was at a bar after a Red's game.

4th)   Nope, that was wrong too, it was outside of a bar after a Red's game.

5th)   But its OK.  Jones was there at a team function mingling with fans and his teammates.

6th)   But just because he was there with fans and teammates, that's no reason to take a picture with a fan because he is married although he is at a team function with teammates.

7th)   And how many teammates do you count in the video?

it would help if you hadn't made up half of those.

After being released from jail after this nightmare of an incident is just getting started, Bengalscornerback Adam Jones decided to join ESPN Radio's Mo Egger to talk about the incident. The interview was almost as odd as this whole impending legal debacle.

Apparently, Jones had to hang up early on the interview. Egger himself didn't really know why, deferring to a multitude of possibilities ranging from a dead cell phone battery, receiving legal advice telling him to clam up and/or the fact that he just got angry and hung up on the Cincinnati radio personality.

Either way, Jones answered some questions about the incident at a local bar. The audio to the interview can be heard here and we'll let you be the judge on Jones' take and what happened at the end of the interview. To be honest, we're not sure what to make about this whole thing, so we're going to defer our opinion until absolutely everything comes out about the case.

UPDATE: Here's the transcribed interview (thanks to Josh Kirkendall) and the embedded file to listen.

There are portions of his interview that are somewhat inaudible, so we marked those (instead of trying to guess).

Mo Egger opens asking what went down during the incident.

"I was approached by two young ladies that had been drinking and they wanted to take a picture. I seen them later at FBs, when I first got there, I seen them get to go in at like 10:50, but... if you see the video, it's self-explanatory. They called me over there and she said something, I forgot what she said (inaudible) before I knew it, I was struck with a bottle and I was just trying to make sure I was alright. The only thing I was doing, saying to myself (inaudible). I didn't draw back and swing and hit her with my right hand, it was just a quick reaction. That's what happened."

The interaction with her prior to the incident.

"It wasn't any (inaudible). I was actually talking to the young lady that was sitting down in front of her. I believe that she (inaudible) says to the other young lady, but that's what it was."

If the woman was threatening or belligerent.

"I'm not going to get into each piece-by-piece because of my case. I told 'em I was just coming on here to let people know like, I'm not acting a fool, I'm not out drinking, getting drunk. All I was doing was protecting myself. I wouldn't like to harm no one, period. I have two beautiful little girls and a wife at home, my mother, most of my family are all women. I don't even have a dad. That's not Adam. There's no part, I'm not into that and I don't condone it. I don't want you to twist it, try to twist it, and make it sound any other kind of way. Like I said, all I was doing was protecting myself and just trying to clear my space."

If he felt harmed when the woman approached with the beer bottle.

"Of course, when I got hit. Yes, I did."

Mo Egger went on to ask if the bottle left any marks (scars, bruises, cuts), but Jones had already hung up. Or as Mo said maybe it was a bad connection (which based on the sound could have happened), or lost power or whatever.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/6/10/4416482/bengals-adam-jones-speaks-with-mo-egger-on-espn-radio-ends-interview-abruptly/in/4179229

Archived