***UPDATE***Pacman found NOT GUILTY of Assault.

if someone wants to press charges don't they HAVE to arrest you?

I wouldn't imagine not if it wasn't warranted. Ie I can't just say you punched me in the face yesterday, call the cops and have you arrested without any proof or anything.

If they do, there's a very good chance of that person that got arrested getting off pretty easily.

Which hopefully is what happens here but well see.

if someone wants to press charges don't they HAVE to arrest you?

Not necessarily. Especially if they aren't on scene. Also if there are conflicting stories the report is forwarded to detectives who speak with prosecutors whether there should be charges filed. Then a warrant is issued. In this case Pacman turned himself in when he found out about the warrant.

If Pacman had stayed this probably would have been a non issue. She wouldn't have pressed charges if he was there telling his side and said he wanted to press charges against her too. That's what usually happens in bar fights.

If Pacman had stayed this probably would have been a non issue. She wouldn't have pressed charges if he was there telling his side and said he wanted to press charges against her too. That's what usually happens in bar fights.

Yep that usually what we hope for, it usually ends with both parties involved agreeing not to press charges on each other and in my Department no report will be written.

Which part of what I said is incorrect?

she walked up and got in his face first, and then it appears that she made first contact with whatever she had in her hand.  You then imply that he was going after her, when it appears that he went backwards first, and then someone ran in between them and grabbed him pushing down the block.  You saw it the way you wanted to. 

He said on the radio to Mo Eggert that he hit her with his left hand and he is right handed. He said he wasn't trying to harm her but back her off of him. He said he wouldn't hit a woman ever but

If he wanted to knock her out obviously he could have but he didn't cause she got up right away. He was just trying to get her off of his space cause she got in his face with the bottle.

He said on the radio to Mo Eggert that he hit her with his left hand and he is right handed. He said he wasn't trying to harm her but back her off of him. He said he wouldn't hit a woman ever but

If he wanted to knock her out obviously he could have but he didn't cause she got up right away. He was just trying to get her off of his space cause she got in his face with the bottle.

Looked like he knocked her down.

Drama or not, that may not play well.

He should have simply walked away.

At the same time him leaving allowed it to not escalate too

Didn't he punch a stripper or knock her head against the bar years ago ?

Nah, he shot up the place, made it rain for the stripper he'd just crippled with a gunshot wound to the thigh, declared "there's some girls that should be having my baby,,,baby", raped a waitress that chose to abort his baby, he returned to slap her in the face for daring to deprive him of the opportunity to supply child support, got suspended for two years because he liked Chris Henry, got picked up on the cheap for the Bengals and he's been an angel ever since. This whole thing is bullshit. No way Adam Jones ever loses his cool after all the chances he's had. No way.

Oh shit....I think I know this chick.  I went to HS with her at Walnut Hills.  If it is indeed the same 34 yr old Shannon Wesley.  Never seemed like the psycho type, but then again, she is a girl. 

My sister went to school with Karen Cunagin and she never really seemed like the extortionist whore type ...

Adam “Pacman” Jones was on the practice field for the first session of Bengals minicamp on Tuesday. Earlier in the day, Jones pleaded not guilty to one count of assault for allegedly punching a woman in the head outside a Downtown bar just before midnight on June 5.

Jones was in the locker room briefly but was not available for comment. During practice, he did some individual drills and fielded punts on special teams.

Coach Marvin Lewis said he had not seen the surveillance tape of the incident that was first posted by ESPN 1530 and picked up by local and national websites, but that he has heard enough accounts about it.

• 911 tape reveals woman's side of the story
• Joe Reedy's Bengals blog

Said Lewis of the incident: “It's unfortunate that he's in this situation. That's really about all I can add to it. Obviously this has got to work its way out whatever way it does.”

When it has come to off-the-field issues the past couple years, the Bengals locker room has not been fazed. Players who were asked about Jones remained supportive of him.

“I hope everything works out in his favor. We’re all behind him and all believe in him,” offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth said.

Cornerback Leon Hall is one of Jones’ closest friends on the team. While Jones has always been boisterous, Hall is more quiet by nature.

“We don't have the same personality, but we've clicked pretty well,” Hall said. “He's been a pleasure for me ever since he came out here. I hope that continues. He signed his contract and I think both of ours are up on the same year (2015). Hopefully we'll be around for a while and keep it going.”

Safety Reggie Nelson, who joined the Bengals the same year as Jones (2010), said that the incident is not going to change how he looks at Jones.

“He's got to stay focused and let it take care of itself,” Nelson said. “What's done is done. He can't go back and change it. The only thing he can do is just worry about it and stay focused.”

The Jones incident also provided another example on how players have to be more guarded or picky about where they go out. When athletes are involved in incidents, the case tends to become more magnified because they are public figures.

When asked if there are situations where athletes and public figures sometimes are presumed guilty, Whitworth said he thought sometimes that is the case because there is a perception of mischief with athletes.

Whitworth added: “It is important to watch where you go and what you are doing and try to keep your life as private as possible. That’s not just for athletes but everyone. I mean more and more you are seeing public figures getting in trouble for things 10-15 years ago would have never been found out.”

According to Jones’ agent, Jones refused to take a picture with two women before the incident on Wednesday because he is married and was leery of the photo ending up somewhere on social media or elsewhere. Most athletes share the same view when they are out in public because they have no control over where it ends up.

Jones is still scheduled to speak at the NFL Rookie Symposium later this month in Cleveland. If Jones is found guilty though there is the possibility that he could face a suspension from the league for a violation of the personal conduct policy. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league would review the case once the legal proceedings are concluded.

Jones did not face league penalties for his incident in July of 2011 which occurred during the lockout. There were reports of an agreement between NFL general counsel Jeff Pash and NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith allowing the suspension of eight players for lockout-related offenses related to the personal conduct policy, that included Jones.

Cedric Benson originally had a three-game suspension in 2011 for violations of the policy but appealed where it was reduced to a one-game suspension and two game checks.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130611/SPT02/306110127/Lewis-Jones-arrest-s-unfortunate-

I haven't read this whole thread butI have watched the video a few times and I think a few things are apparent.. Firstly, they didn't ask Adam for a picture.. You can tell by the body language that there is a dispute going on. When he approaches the fence the lady sitting in the chair in front of him quickly gets out of the way (another indication of dispute).

Secondly, there was no bottle thrown at Adam's head, she wasn't behind him and he clearly knew who was doing it.  Finally it doesn't even look as if she struck him with the bottle with any force (or at all) and the motion seems to be intended to pour the bottle on him (a typical drunken female retaliatory maneuver).  Then he pretty much flips out..

I have been a big supporter, but he is going to get in trouble for this, and he deserves to.

BTW, count me solidly in the camp that believes that men shouldn't hit women, and that rule also goes in reverse for all the same reasons.  When the woman forgets the second part of that chivalry, all bets are off.

Is the girl hot? Maybe he slapped her because she's ugly and the law encourages that vs. discourage.

Epitome of butterface. 

I haven't read this whole thread butI have watched the video a few times and I think a few things are apparent.. Firstly, they didn't ask Adam for a picture.. You can tell by the body language that there is a dispute going on. When he approaches the fence the lady sitting in the chair in front of him quickly gets out of the way (another indication of dispute).

Secondly, there was no bottle thrown at Adam's head, she wasn't behind him and he clearly knew who was doing it.  Finally it doesn't even look as if she struck him with the bottle with any force (or at all) and the motion seems to be intended to pour the bottle on him (a typical drunken female retaliatory maneuver).  Then he pretty much flips out..

I have been a big supporter, but he is going to get in trouble for this, and he deserves to.

BTW, count me solidly in the camp that believes that men shouldn't hit women, and that rule also goes in reverse for all the same reasons.  When the woman forgets the second part of that chivalry, all bets are off.

I think it's been reported that the picture request was at another location and he saw the same chick at JB's, where the incident took place, and apparently she was upset the request was denied. 

This was a two part argument.  One happened earlier and the other which you see on the video.  It seems there is a lot of speculation on what went on before the video.  It's nearly impossible to tell with how much force an item was shoved into Jone's face.  Any item shoved into just about anyone's face will usually result in a near simultaneous reaction, whether it is to brush, block, or push the item away.  However, as I've said already, Jones could have easily walked away well before the item was shoved into his face and just went elsewhere to defuse the situation. 

Epitome of butterface. 

I think it's been reported that the picture request was at another location and he saw the same chick at JB's, where the incident took place, and apparently she was upset the request was denied. 

yea as I understand it, the picture request happened earlier in the night, well before this incident took place.

Epitome of butterface. 

Right, but it's important to point out as others keep parroting an earlier mis-report, and also because it deprives Adam of the excuse that he was baited into getting close to the women for reasons other than conflict.  As others have pointed out, the smart thing for Adam to do would have been to walk away.  It's probably what 99% of intelligent adults do in that situation.

Epitome of butterface. 

That was a new one for me and yes, I had to look it up.  Thank you for the urban language update.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butter%20face

Butter Face:  A homonym that sounds like "but her face." To call a woman a "butter face" is to say her body is very sexy but her face is ugly.

Adam “Pacman” Jones was on the practice field for the first session of Bengals minicamp on Tuesday. Earlier in the day, Jones pleaded not guilty to one count of assault for allegedly punching a woman in the head outside a Downtown bar just before midnight on June 5.

Jones was in the locker room briefly but was not available for comment. During practice, he did some individual drills and fielded punts on special teams.

Coach Marvin Lewis said he had not seen the surveillance tape of the incident that was first posted by ESPN 1530 and picked up by local and national websites, but that he has heard enough accounts about it.

• 911 tape reveals woman's side of the story
• Joe Reedy's Bengals blog

Said Lewis of the incident: “It's unfortunate that he's in this situation. That's really about all I can add to it. Obviously this has got to work its way out whatever way it does.”

When it has come to off-the-field issues the past couple years, the Bengals locker room has not been fazed. Players who were asked about Jones remained supportive of him.

“I hope everything works out in his favor. We’re all behind him and all believe in him,” offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth said.

Cornerback Leon Hall is one of Jones’ closest friends on the team. While Jones has always been boisterous, Hall is more quiet by nature.

“We don't have the same personality, but we've clicked pretty well,” Hall said. “He's been a pleasure for me ever since he came out here. I hope that continues. He signed his contract and I think both of ours are up on the same year (2015). Hopefully we'll be around for a while and keep it going.”

Safety Reggie Nelson, who joined the Bengals the same year as Jones (2010), said that the incident is not going to change how he looks at Jones.

“He's got to stay focused and let it take care of itself,” Nelson said. “What's done is done. He can't go back and change it. The only thing he can do is just worry about it and stay focused.”

The Jones incident also provided another example on how players have to be more guarded or picky about where they go out. When athletes are involved in incidents, the case tends to become more magnified because they are public figures.

When asked if there are situations where athletes and public figures sometimes are presumed guilty, Whitworth said he thought sometimes that is the case because there is a perception of mischief with athletes.

Whitworth added: “It is important to watch where you go and what you are doing and try to keep your life as private as possible. That’s not just for athletes but everyone. I mean more and more you are seeing public figures getting in trouble for things 10-15 years ago would have never been found out.”

According to Jones’ agent, Jones refused to take a picture with two women before the incident on Wednesday because he is married and was leery of the photo ending up somewhere on social media or elsewhere. Most athletes share the same view when they are out in public because they have no control over where it ends up.

Jones is still scheduled to speak at the NFL Rookie Symposium later this month in Cleveland. If Jones is found guilty though there is the possibility that he could face a suspension from the league for a violation of the personal conduct policy. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league would review the case once the legal proceedings are concluded.

Jones did not face league penalties for his incident in July of 2011 which occurred during the lockout. There were reports of an agreement between NFL general counsel Jeff Pash and NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith allowing the suspension of eight players for lockout-related offenses related to the personal conduct policy, that included Jones.

Cedric Benson originally had a three-game suspension in 2011 for violations of the policy but appealed where it was reduced to a one-game suspension and two game checks.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130611/SPT02/306110127/Lewis-Jones-arrest-s-unfortunate-

Since it was reported that Adam had teammates in the bar, I am surprised that during the interview no teammates came forward and took up for him.  No teammates said we were with him and Adam wasn't drinking or drunk.  No teammates said we believe Adam and his/agent's story.

Sure they did the obligatory "we support him" routine, but no one said they thought he was innocent.

Maybe it only because it was his agent who said there were teammates there in the bar.  Maybe someone just made that up.

Archived