***UPDATE***Pacman found NOT GUILTY of Assault.

It's the same thing as Chris Henry's last arrest. Did he actually commit a crime? No. Should he have been around a situation like that in the first place? Heck no! He's Pacman Jones for god's sake. Even non football fans could recognize him. Lots of trouble arises when people are intoxicated. Where are there a lot of intoxicated people? Bars/Clubs. Avoid those places!

So he's supposed to stay sheltered for the rest of his life?

Really?

Oh really? If a bitch comes at you with a knife and wants to kill you,you just gonna try and walk away? Or hold them back? Thats how guys get killed by woman. I would never hit a female unless they want to SERIOUSLY hurt me.

That isnt what happened here.

Oh and by the way.

It is never, ever ok, for a man to hit a woman.

That's bullshit. At least according to my wife, who says plenty of women deserve to be hit. Like the woman who put her two month old newborn in a pot of boiling water because she lost her temper because he was crying too much.

Or the woman who stabbed her husband 18 times while he was sleeping.

Of the woman who purposely was trying to drown her young children.

They are just some examples of women who deserve to have the shit beat out of them - doesn't matter if its by a man or woman.

I

So according to the story, Jones was sober, didn't want to take a pic with some drunk girls because he is married (good decision in my book), drunk girl throws bottle at him (assault) and he slaps the bitch.  

Sorry but you give up all your rights to the, "Never hit a woman" rule when your drunk ass starts throwing bottles at people.  You want to act like a drunk idiot, you will get treated like one.

Adam Jones should not go anywhere except for his home and work......otherwise he's just up to his same old antics.  He should live his life to please others, no entertainment himself!  What's wrong with him?!?! 

You guys are incredible. Do you realize Pacman Jones has admitted to having an alcohol problem? Do you know that he has spent time in an alcohol treatment facility? Do you know that nearly every incident he has been involved in has been in close proximity to where there is alcohol present? Do you realize Pacman's only other arrest with the Cincinnati Bengals happened inside of a...wait for it...BAR!!!!  What kind of logic is it for an admitted recovering alcoholic to keep frequenting bars/clubs? The fact that you all dismiss this as nonsense because he was just defending himself is ludicrous. Just because he is a free man who can do whatever he wants does not mean that he is not an immature, brain-dead miscreant who consistently makes the wrong choices. I mean, are you kidding me? So because he was was just defending himself at the bar, that means he'll never have another incident again? Of course he will. And do you know why? Because he will once again put himself in a position where something like this could happen and he will once again respond poorly to the situation. 

As I tell my young sons, you can never ever never hit a girl. There's not a single excuse that will hold up. You will always be in the wrong. As hard and as unjust as this may be you ALWAYS have to walk away.

I guess Pacman's dad forgot to tell him.

Dad?

Come on man, don't be silly. Chances are, he was raised by his mom and grandma.

That's bullshit. At least according to my wife, who says plenty of women deserve to be hit. Like the woman who put her two month old newborn in a pot of boiling water because she lost her temper because he was crying too much.

Or the woman who stabbed her husband 18 times while he was sleeping.

Of the woman who purposely was trying to drown her young children.

They are just some examples of women who deserve to have the shit beat out of them - doesn't matter if its by a man or woman.

I

Calm down John Wayne, we have a justice system for that.

Yes, that's the price you pay for being a stupid dumbass.

Then you shouldnt be allowed in public either.

You guys are incredible. Do you realize Pacman Jones has admitted to having an alcohol problem? Do you know that he has spent time in an alcohol treatment facility? Do you know that nearly every incident he has been involved in has been in close proximity to where there is alcohol present? Do you realize Pacman's only other arrest with the Cincinnati Bengals happened inside of a...wait for it...BAR!!!!  What kind of logic is it for an admitted recovering alcoholic to keep frequenting bars/clubs? The fact that you all dismiss this as nonsense because he was just defending himself is ludicrous. Just because he is a free man who can do whatever he wants does not mean that he is not an immature, brain-dead miscreant who consistently makes the wrong choices. I mean, are you kidding me? So because he was was just defending himself at the bar, that means he'll never have another incident again? Of course he will. And do you know why? Because he will once again put himself in a position where something like this could happen and he will once again respond poorly to the situation. 

I was under the impression this was a team event and there were other players there.

You guys are incredible. Do you realize Pacman Jones has admitted to have an alcohol problem? Do you know that he has spent time in an alcohol treatment facility? Do you know that nearly every incident he has been involved in has been in close proximity to where there is alcohol present? Do you realize Pacman's only other arrest with the Cincinnati Bengals happened inside of a...wait for it...BAR!!!! The fact that you all dismiss this as nonsense because he was just defending himself is ludicrous. Just because he is a free man who can do whatever he wants does not mean that he is not an immature, brain-dead miscreant who consistently makes the wrong choices. I mean, are you kidding me? So because he was was just defending himself at the bar, that means he'll never have another incident again? Of course he will. And do you know why? Because he will once again put himself in a position where something like this could happen and he will once again respond poorly to the situation. 

Did you know that he had not been drinking?  He went to a place with his teammates after they took part in an activity together.   I agree that if I was Pacman, I would stay away from such establishments but I'm not him.   

So according to the story, Jones was sober, didn't want to take a pic with some drunk girls because he is married (good decision in my book), drunk girl throws bottle at him (assault) and he slaps the bitch.  

Sorry but you give up all your rights to the, "Never hit a woman" rule when your drunk ass starts throwing bottles at people.  You want to act like a drunk idiot, you will get treated like one.

Still disagree. It's one thing to subdue someone acting a fool, its another to retaliate.

Now if its a dude, all bets are off, but what kind of man does it take to hit a woman? Seriously.

Did you know that when you assume (as your doing assuming he was drinking) it makes an Ass out of You and Me?

Did you know that he had not been drinking?  He went to a place with his teammates after they took part in an activity together.   I agree that if I was Pacman, I would stay away from such establishments but I'm not him.   

First time I ever met Kenny Anderson and Anthony Munoz and got to talk to both was at a team function at a bar called Harrigans in Kettering Ohio.  Team has off season events like this all the time and the star players take turns mixing it up with the fans.

Still disagree. It's one thing to subdue someone acting a fool, its another to retaliate.

Now if its a dude, all bets are off, but what kind of man does it take to hit a woman? Seriously.

Sexist. This isn't the Middle Ages any more. Men and women are the same. Didn't you get the memo?

Pacman has been through this before.  He knows that if he hits a woman it will not just "disappear".  He may be innocent of assault, but he was stupid to not call the police when the woman hit him with the bottle.  I am guessing that was because he was pretty drunk himself.

He knows what to do to protect himself when he acts in self defense.  Call the police.  If he calls the police and makes a report then he is a victim.  Since he failed to do that he is going to have some problems.

He may not be as big of a thug as he used to be, but he is still just as stupid.

First time I ever met Kenny Anderson and Anthony Munoz and got to talk to both was at a team function at a bar called Harrigans in Kettering Ohio.  Team has off season events like this all the time and the star players take turns mixing it up with the fans.

Absolutely.

And I just think it's un-wise to judge when we have about 15% of the details known to us. 

Sorry but when someone starts throwing bottles at your head, natural instincts kick in.  Its one thing if she started yelling at him but throwing bottles is WAY over the line.

Oh and by the way.

It is never, ever ok, for a man to hit a woman.

If someone attacks you, you have a right to defend yourself. 

Hitting a woman would not be my first thought, but sometimes you do what you need to do to defend yourself and your family.

I had a friend who once said if she's man enough to hit you, she's man enough to get hit.

Sorry but when someone starts throwing bottles at your head, natural instincts kick in.  Its one thing if she started yelling at him but throwing bottles is WAY over the line.

It is over the line however if your natural instincts are to hit a woman maybe you should consider working on that.

If someone attacks you, you have a right to defend yourself. 

Hitting a woman would not be my first thought, but sometimes you do what you need to do to defend yourself and your family.

I had a friend who once said if she's man enough to hit you, she's man enough to get hit.

I think there is a difference between subduing someone in order to protect yourself and hitting them though.

Archived