Wow... did I just hear that correctly?

I was at the game and what a roller coaster of emotions.  Mid way through the 3rd quarter I was ready to jump out of the upper level.  The stadium was deflated but they didn't quit.  No doubt they can win a playoff game this year and maybe more but they have to learn to take care of the football.  We could easily be 1-2 but cut out a few of these turnovers and we're 3-0 heading into Cleveland. 

But I'll take 2-1 all things considered.  Just keep winning the next one. 

The biggest factor is that even during the good years 'back then', the defense had to produce turnovers to have a good day.  This defense beats the hell out of their opponents. As a complete team, this might not be THE best Bengals squad ever, but I have NEVER seen them play defense like this - particularly against the run.  The offense has enough explosive playmakers that the Bengals are going to blow out some teams.  In fact, I'll be surprised if they don't win 3 or 4 games before the bye by 3 touchdowns.  The only real concern I have is with the running game.  When guys wear down and the weather gets bad, I'm not sure the Bengals have the power running game to put close games away.  

They have to play a hell of a game when the Pats come to town but there is strong potential to sweep the next 5. 

The biggest factor is that even during the good years 'back then', the defense had to produce turnovers to have a good day.  This defense beats the hell out of their opponents. As a complete team, this might not be THE best Bengals squad ever, but I have NEVER seen them play defense like this - particularly against the run.  The offense has enough explosive playmakers that the Bengals are going to blow out some teams.  In fact, I'll be surprised if they don't win 3 or 4 games before the bye by 3 touchdowns.  The only real concern I have is with the running game.  When guys wear down and the weather gets bad, I'm not sure the Bengals have the power running game to put close games away.  

yea I'm still a little concerned about the running game.  They're still not on track yet, even though Bernard has been hiding some of the warts.

Then again, they've played 3 of the top 11 defenses in ypc allowed so far.

I was hoping Houston would beat the Ravens so we'd be one game up but looks like Balt whooped them without Rice.  WTF happened there? I also don't like to see a Cleveland win, but it was against the Vikings...

Houston gets as deflated playing the Ravens as we seem to do playing Houston.  A pick-6, a punt return, game over despite the Ravens doing zilch offensively in the first half at least.

IN 2006 we beat the steelers much like this in week 3 and that was supposed to be a season defining win...I just hope the team keeps it's focus and doesn't fuck up.

In 2009 we beat the Steelers in week 3 coming back from the dead and won the division.

Like you said keep focus and each week stands on its own.

I about fell out of my chair yesterday when Deon Sanders was asked if the Bengals are the second best team in the AFC behind the Broncos, he said "yes".  I am just trying to enjoy some of the hype for a change.  I cannot even remember a time that the media actually gave us some love without a "but" attached to it.  And the only thing that makes me feel even better than winning yesterday was watching the stealers melt last night.  Enjoy the bliss...

Add the Niners getting humped by our neighbor to the west....yes, I still hate them 25 years plus later.

haha same! That's the reason I like the Bengals actually. My dad is a HUGE 49er fan, along with my uncle and pretty much everyone else (except for my little brother). We live in Norcal about an hour from San Fran in Sacramento.

When I was a wee tike the Bengals were playing the 49ers in the SB (back in the SB of 1982) and since I always defied my father I ended up wanting the Bengals to win and since then I have been a diehard! I get out to their games whenever they are in Oakland, or SF (since they are both about an hour away and we have a "Capital Corridor" train that pretty much goes from Sac to the front doorstep of pretty much both stadiums.  

Anyhow, my little brother is a Dolphins fan for the same reason. He started liking them when they played against the 49ers in the superbowl, and when he was in 1st-2nd grade he would always put "Dan" on his homework instead of Joe and the teacher had no idea why he was doing that because she had no Dan in her class haha.

Anyway, Same reason I am a Dodger fan (dad is a Giants fan), but we are both Sacramento Kings fans.

Agreed..

It's amazing that they gave up 30 points, yet I think they were flat out awesome.

you could only really pin 13 on this defense.  Bengals offense basically handed Green Bay 13, and the refs gave them another 4 on the reggie nelson penalty, which was on a 3rd down incompletion in FG range.

I love/hate the weekly Power Rankings.

I can't wait to see where the Bengals end up after yesterday.

Yeah, the win but more for the way they kicked the dog shit

out of Discount Double Check Rogers and no yards after catch

for the receivers.

10.  Bengals (Last week: 9)  Sure, its a win over a depleted team. How good can the Bengals Defense be if a third string RB runs for 100 yards?  And Andy "Noodle Arm" Dalton Suxxors.

24.  Packers (Last week 4).  What can Rogers do without tools? He's only a demigod...

10.  Bengals (Last week: 9)  Sure, its a win over a depleted team. How good can the Bengals Defense be if a third string RB runs for 100 yards?  And Andy "Noodle Arm" Dalton Suxxors.

24.  Packers (Last week 4).  What can Rogers do without tools? He's only a demigod...

What a crock! 

I bet the bitch who came up with that loves the smell of cheese farts.

you could only really pin 13 on this defense.  Bengals offense basically handed Green Bay 13, and the refs gave them another 4 on the reggie nelson penalty, which was on a 3rd down incompletion in FG range.

As I recall the roughing the passer penalty call came when they were well outside FG range.

you guys know he made those up right?

I just read Peter King's MMQB.   Cincy is 10th in his "fine 15" 

GB is not in the list, and there is a 2 way tie for 15th.   So the Pack is in the bottom half of the league.

Last week we were 11th, GB 12th.  I'm a bit surprised they are so low...must not have good coffee at that airport.

Color me not very shocked.

Archived