Jets Week Notes

Can't find any updates as to his elbow. All I can find is a tweet from him thanking folks and assuring them he'll " bounce back just like b4".

Still = dislocated elbow (4-6 weeks est.)

Gilberry = knee injury

Maualuga = Hammy

(reference: Dave Lapham)

Lord the audio quality on that is bad. Had to stop watching it.

It got real bad but he called back and it was clear after that.

Wonder if this will get Hunt on the active list on Sundays now?  Not exactly the same position, but Gilberry can always go inside.

Lets see how Gilberry's knee looks this week, ...but I think Hunt will fill in this game a bit.

Also, ...Maualuga's hammy, ...if he can't go, ...is it possible Harrison could fill that void? (Burfict calls the plays anyway)

Nobody seems to be talking about it, and I mentioned it before, but Harrison has been an absolute pitbull in our goal line and kick defending situations. Not sure how he'd pan out in an expanded role that involves coverage as he's likely lost a couple steps but his strength and mean streak cannot be questioned.

One of the things I've been really impressed with by our defense so far this season, despite what I feel is a lacking pass rush at times, has been that "bend don't break" aspect they have come up with when they get stacked up on a short field in the redzone, especially inside the ten. I'd be surprised if we weren't in the top three in the NFL in defending that situation at this point in the season.

On the flip side, we also seem to have a lot of successful offensive drives that start deep in our own territory as well.

If he had that, why wouldn't he be on IR already?

I was just referring to the fact that when he says "b4" he is probably referencing the last time(s) he had significant injuries.  And he had some bad ones that made him miss a lot of time at PSU.  4-6 weeks is a bummer, as I thought he was starting find his anchor a little bit lately...

Nobody seems to be talking about it, and I mentioned it before, but Harrison has been an absolute pitbull in our goal line and kick defending situations. Not sure how he'd pan out in an expanded role that involves coverage as he's likely lost a couple steps but his strength and mean streak cannot be questioned.

One of the things I've been really impressed with by our defense so far this season, despite what I feel is a lacking pass rush at times, has been that "bend don't break" aspect they have come up with when they get stacked up on a short field in the redzone, especially inside the ten. I'd be surprised if we weren't in the top three in the NFL in defending that situation at this point in the season.

On the flip side, we also seem to have a lot of successful offensive drives that start deep in our own territory as well.

I noticed that too, ...both of our lines have been dominant, ...on either side of the ball.

I was just referring to the fact that when he says "b4" he is probably referencing the last time(s) he had significant injuries.  And he had some bad ones that made him miss a lot of time at PSU.  4-6 weeks is a bummer, as I thought he was starting find his anchor a little bit lately...

Which sucks because I think Peko gets winded early and often and gets spelled by Still first in the rotation.

Harrison was a key part in the FG block last week.  

Green Day: Greg McBrain has Jets intel

October, 23, 2013
By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Remember Greg McElroy? Sure, you do. Until two months ago, he was one of the names of the New York Jets' quarterback carousel. He's a guy who started ahead of Tim Tebow last season when Mark Sanchez was benched. Ah, fun times.

A short time before he gave McElroy a pink slip, Rex Ryan referred to him as the "smartest guy in the building." Coming out of Alabama, he almost aced the Wonderlic test, scoring a 48 out of a possible 50. This week, that brain will be working against Ryan & Co.

McElroy is a member of the Cincinnati Bengals' practice squad and, although he won't be in uniform Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium, he will impact the game by what he contributes before Sunday. He will be an invaluable resouce for the Bengals, a virtual scout with intimate knowledge of the Jets' schemes and personnel.

McElroy was exposed to Marty Mornhinweg's offense for only five months, but believe me, he knew it cold. Mornhinweg may have to change his audibles, because you can bet McElroy will be sharing his intel with the Bengals' defense. He also spent four months with Geno Smith, so he knows his strengths and weaknesses. I'm telling you, McElroy has a chance to be a general manager some day -- if he's not in politics or working college games for ESPN.

The Jets might be preparing for the Bengals' No.1 red-headed quarterback, Andy Dalton, but the other red head -- McElroy -- is preparing for them.

ICYMI: Tough times for Bill Belichick. First, he lost to the Jets. Second, he admitted he botched a rule interpretation on the controversial field goal push play. On Tuesday, he decided to fire back at the Jets. ... Four fans from Sunday's game, including the Long Island lout who slugged a woman, were charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct. That includes the woman who was struck. ... We analyzed the game tape. Yes, we study tape here at ESPN.com. ... See where the Jets landed in the current ESPN.com power poll.

Harrison was a key part in the FG block last week.  

That's why I asked about Harrison filling in at MLB, ...Maualuga won't feel angst about sitting out a game if Harrison is in the middle.

I want everyone reasonably healthy for the long haul and win this game.

Harrison might rotate at DE. I'd expect Thompson to rotate in at DT on run downs. With only 6 true D-linemen for the game we're pretty thin and can't afford for anyone else to get hurt during the game. 

I'll be surprised if Gilberry doesn't play.  He came back into the Lions game.  

Archived