Who Are The Bengals Looking At 2013/2014

DL coach Hayes at the Princeton Pro Day.  The DT in the picture ran a 4.87 at 305lbs.

landry_reid_hayes2_490x300.jpg

http://sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_3_13_2014.htm

Caraun Reid

STRENGTHS

Very quick off the ball. Disruptive shooting gaps and working half a blocker. Active and energetic -- feet are always running. Plays hard and competes. Very good sack production from the interior (20.5 career sacks). Good intelligence. Is very young (entered college as 17-year-old freshman) and still growing into his body -- has physical upside. Good length and hand-eye coordination -- 7 career blocked kicks. Co-captain.

I could go for him in 5.  Maybe even 4.

Caraun Reid

STRENGTHS
 Very quick off the ball. Disruptive shooting gaps and working half a blocker. Active and energetic -- feet are always running. Plays hard and competes. Very good sack production from the interior (20.5 career sacks). Good intelligence. Is very young (entered college as 17-year-old freshman) and still growing into his body -- has physical upside. Good length and hand-eye coordination -- 7 career blocked kicks. Co-captain.

I could go for him in 5.  Maybe even 4.

I think he could go earlier.. Like round 3. He's definitely a penetrating DT and might be able to play some DE as well.

Like him a lot. The Chiefs seem to like Mike Catapano, who played on the same D-line, and this guy is the better prospect.

A Bengals scout/coach was working with Brandin Cooks on punt returns.

Cincinnati #Bengals attend Oregon State Pro Day http://sbn.to/1fYkV0C 

Cooks is a first round guy for sure.  I didn't think they wanted a WR in 1.  But with his speed, I would love to get him at 24.

Cooks is a first round guy for sure.  I didn't think they wanted a WR in 1.  But with his speed, I would love to get him at 24.

I would be upset if they took a first round WR.

But if they make him a game changing KR and PR, that's another story.

I haven't watched him yet.  Sounds like he's supposed to be the next DeSean Jackson?

The offensive line coaches from the Bengals, Rams, Colts and Chargers were at the pro day for the University of Nevada at Reno on Wednesday to watch Joel Bitonio. The Bengals and Rams coaches worked Bitonio mostly at center on his pro day; the Colts and Chargers coaches worked him out at left tackle and at guard the following day.

We interviewed him so I thought I'd add this in:

Andre Williams shows big improvement as pass catcher

Running back Andre Williams was the main attraction at Boston College’s pro day Wednesday, when representatives from 29 NFL teams, including two linebacker coaches, were on hand to watch 15 players work out. The workouts took place indoors on FieldTurf, and the vertical jump was done in a weight room on a rubber surface.

Williams (5-11 1/2, 230 pounds) was asked to run three times. His first two times were 4.54 and 4.43. After such a big difference between his two times, he was asked to run a third time and posted a 4.57. He kept all the rest of his numbers from the combine.

Williams had a good workout, and most important for him, he showed dramatic improvement catching the football, with only two drops at his pro day. That’s something everyone will be checking on when they evaluate him, because if he does that he’ll have an excellent chance to advance in the draft. On his running skills alone, I think Williams would be a second-round choice. But when you combine that with his skills as a receiver, he slips back a bit, into the middle of the third or fourth round.

ESPN ranks Bitonio as the No. 6 offensive tackle prospect with a mean-streak to go along with it.

Bengals coach Paul Alexander was one of four offensive line coaches that attended the University of Nevada Pro Day to scout offensive tackle Joel Bitonio. However, according to Gil Brandt at NFL.com, Alexander and St. Louis Rams offensive line coach Paul T. Boudreau conducted drills with Bitonio at center.

Bitonio (6-4 1/4, 305 pounds) stood on all of his numbers at the combine and had a very good workout. Hell probably be a second-round pick, some place between the 40th and 50th pick.
ESPN ranks Bitonio as the No. 6 offensive tackle prospect with a mean-streak to go along with it. "Blocks through whistle and gets under defenders' skin. Not an overwhelming mauler or an instigator but has a mean streak and not afraid to mix is up," writes ESPN's scouting service.

Bitonio was named to the first-team All-MWC team and an honorable mention in 2012. NFL's scouting service writes:

An undersized college left tackle who projects best to the inside in the pros. Displays the tenacity, leg drive and mean streak that is highly coveted by OL coaches and could drive up his draft status. Could require some initial patience moving inside, yet possesses the skill set, intelligence and desire to successfully convert.

Cincinnati is currently without a starting offensive center after the release of Kyle Cook. Players like Mike Pollak, Trevor Robinson and even T.J. Johnson expected to compete for the position.

Archived