Who Are The Bengals Looking At 2013/2014

if he can play all 5 spots, I'd say so.

I agree....most places are rating him as a 3rd rounder right now so taking him at 55 wouldn't really be all that much of a leap.

he's a good looking prospect, no doubt about it. 

Sign me up then. Best DE or CB in round 1.

Best flex OL round 2

Cincinnati Bengals (we think Vance Joseph) attends Louisville Pro Day http://sbn.to/1g3lfew 

looks like Mark Carrier actually.and would make sense since he's handling the safeties.looks like Markc

OK, I'd take Pryor or HaHa in round one, so change my wish list to DE or DB in round one, the OL in round 2. :lmao:

The offensive line coaches from the Bengals, Rams, Colts and Chargers were at the pro day for the University of Nevada at Reno on Wednesday to watch Joel Bitonio. The Bengals and Rams coaches worked Bitonio mostly at center on his pro day; the Colts and Chargers coaches worked him out at left tackle and at guard the following day.

We interviewed him so I thought I'd add this in:

Andre Williams shows big improvement as pass catcher

Running back Andre Williams was the main attraction at Boston College’s pro day Wednesday, when representatives from 29 NFL teams, including two linebacker coaches, were on hand to watch 15 players work out. The workouts took place indoors on FieldTurf, and the vertical jump was done in a weight room on a rubber surface.

Williams (5-11 1/2, 230 pounds) was asked to run three times. His first two times were 4.54 and 4.43. After such a big difference between his two times, he was asked to run a third time and posted a 4.57. He kept all the rest of his numbers from the combine.

Williams had a good workout, and most important for him, he showed dramatic improvement catching the football, with only two drops at his pro day. That’s something everyone will be checking on when they evaluate him, because if he does that he’ll have an excellent chance to advance in the draft. On his running skills alone, I think Williams would be a second-round choice. But when you combine that with his skills as a receiver, he slips back a bit, into the middle of the third or fourth round.

I hope the Bengals draft this guy, his style of play compliments Gio and he is built for AFC North football. 

While the big news of the Pro Day world revolved around Teddy Bridgewater's shaky throwing session, an even more popular stop on the workout trail was in Gainesville, where all 32 NFL teams were on hand to watch the Florida Gators.

Cornerbacks Marcus Roberson and Loucheiz Purifoy failed to better their disappointing Combine 40-yard dash times, coming in the mid-4.5s to low 4.6s on most watches. One scout had Roberson at 4.71.

The slow times may not have the negative impact you might expect. Scouts following the workout sounded willing to concede that poor conditions contributed to the numbers. Heavy rain forced the former Gators inside to work out and the athletes ran barefoot on an indoor rubber surface. As one longtime NFL scout put, "I've never seen anything like it."

Bitonio looks like a bulldog.  Watching him play, he looks nasty, kind of like DeCastro did in college.  Seems built to play inside.

Very athletic. He impressed me as much as any OL at the Combine. Seemed like a smart kid, too.

Really ran well and moved his feet. I wouldn't be shocked if he snuck into round 1 or early in 2.

Saw this on walterfootball. Don't remember seeing a private workout for Cameron Fleming or interview with Demetri Goodson before, although I could have missed it.

Cincinnati Bengals:
Max Bullough, LB , Michigan State (EW)
Aaron Donald, DL, Pittsburgh (COM)
Cameron Fleming, OL, Stanford (PRI)
Dee Ford, DL, Auburn (COM)
Demetri Goodson, DB, Baylor (COM)
Brendon Kay, QB, Cincinnati (PRO)
Aaron Murray%, QB, Bengals (INT) (COM)
Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State (COM)
Andre Williams, RB, Boston College (COM)

Warchant.com @Warchant 2h

FSU has about 25 players participating in Pro Day this morning, expecting all 32 NFL teams to attend: http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1621112  ($)

Danny Aller @DannyAller 27m

I'm counting upwards of 60 scouts set for #FSU Pro Day in a few minutes. At least one evaluator for all 32 NFL teams.

NoleSports.com @NoleSports 2h

Representatives from all 32 NFL teams will be on hand for FSU's Pro Day that begins this morning: http://on.tdo.com/1cUE4ji  via @Natalie_Pierre

Walt Powell of Murray State holds own in strong WR class

Posted: Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 | Gil Brandt | Tags: Cincinnati Bengals, Murray State, Walt Powell

Representatives from seven NFL teams — including Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver coach James Urban — were present Tuesday for Murray State’s pro day, where a promising wide receiver prospect worked out outdoors. Walt Powell, WR (5-foot-11 5/8, 189 pounds) — Powell — who was at the NFL Scouting Combine — ran the 40-yard dash in 4.59 seconds against the wind and 4.46 seconds with the wind. He had a 32-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-6 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.37 seconds. Powell had an excellent pro day workout. He caught everything thrown to him and made nice adjustments on the ball. He looks like a sixth- or seventh-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, which is […]

Updated March 19, 2014 
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell 

A 50-year streak of running backs being selected in the first round snapped in 2013, as no halfbacks were selected Thursday night. Many expect this new trend to continue, but we learned that a running back is being graded out as a first-rounder this year. That player is Ohio State's Carlos Hyde. 

League contacts say that Hyde is a difference-maker and worthy of a top 32-pick based on his talent. They love his combination of power and quickness. They feel that he is a power back who can control a game from start to finish and can remake an NFL offense. 

Multiple teams we've spoken to are giving Hyde a first-round grade, but that doesn't mean he'll be a first-round pick. Over the past few years, the running back position has been devalued in the first round. Running backs have been flaming out quickly in the NFL, and many teams have changed to run a running-back-by-committee approach. Plus, Hyde's off-the-field issues could work against him. 

Some teams we've spoken to picking at the top of the second round believe that Hyde could get to their pick, and they feel he's worthy of going in Round 1. Sources believe that as a second-rounder, Hyde could be one of the steals of the 2014 NFL Draft. 

Hyde (5-11, 230) is a one-cut downhill runner who can pick up yards after contact by running over defenders. He fits a man or zone blocking scheme. He was suspended for the first three games of the 2013 season, but after that, he dominated the Big Ten. He averaged 7.3 yards per carry for 1,521 yards with 15 touchdowns. Hyde also had 16 receptions for 147 yards and three scores through the air. Evaluators we've talked to feel that he has nice receiving ability for a big back. 

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

Updated March 19, 2014 
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell 

A 50-year streak of running backs being selected in the first round snapped in 2013, as no halfbacks were selected Thursday night. Many expect this new trend to continue, but we learned that a running back is being graded out as a first-rounder this year. That player is Ohio State's Carlos Hyde. 

League contacts say that Hyde is a difference-maker and worthy of a top 32-pick based on his talent. They love his combination of power and quickness. They feel that he is a power back who can control a game from start to finish and can remake an NFL offense. 

Multiple teams we've spoken to are giving Hyde a first-round grade, but that doesn't mean he'll be a first-round pick. Over the past few years, the running back position has been devalued in the first round. Running backs have been flaming out quickly in the NFL, and many teams have changed to run a running-back-by-committee approach. Plus, Hyde's off-the-field issues could work against him. 

Some teams we've spoken to picking at the top of the second round believe that Hyde could get to their pick, and they feel he's worthy of going in Round 1. Sources believe that as a second-rounder, Hyde could be one of the steals of the 2014 NFL Draft. 

Hyde (5-11, 230) is a one-cut downhill runner who can pick up yards after contact by running over defenders. He fits a man or zone blocking scheme. He was suspended for the first three games of the 2013 season, but after that, he dominated the Big Ten. He averaged 7.3 yards per carry for 1,521 yards with 15 touchdowns. Hyde also had 16 receptions for 147 yards and three scores through the air. Evaluators we've talked to feel that he has nice receiving ability for a big back. 

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

Issues???  He had one incident in a bar where he was provoked.  It's not like he has a string of arrests.

Or am I forgetting something(s)?

Archived