The reedy thread (Joe Reedy is no longer a Bengals Beat Writer)

There's absolutely no reason for Reedy to post here, especially given the way some people on here treat him. I would love for Joe to engage us as a poster but I don't really see it happening because for one, we are a rude and crude bunch, and for two, it's likely easier for him to troll our site as a guest to fuel his mind for topics to write about as an official journalist and he doesn't have to give us any credit for any of the ideas he may gain because we are an opinion-based board and again, we tend to treat someone like him as shit, when we really shouldn't.

Hell is other Bengal fans.

Hell is other Bengal fans.

Yeah. I already stated upthread that I actually get my journalists confused, ie, which ones are the dicks and which ones are semi-cool. Reedy is an absolute dick to the fans. I was mistaken. It's just that I tend not to pay much attention to them so I don't know their work much and I was totally wrong about Reedy. I only read articles by these guys when someone posts them here. Heck, I don't even really get on Bengals.com much anymore other than to check the schedule.

Yeah. I already stated upthread that I actually get my journalists confused, ie, which ones are the dicks and which ones are semi-cool. Reedy is an absolute dick to the fans. I was mistaken. It's just that I tend not to pay much attention to them so I don't know their work much and I was totally wrong about Reedy. I only read articles by these guys when someone posts them here. Heck, I don't even really get on Bengals.com much anymore other than to check the schedule.

I do not like Joe Reedy either and I believe that he is out of line a lot with his responses. I am surprised that he has lasted as long as he has. I would have thought that since the general consensus is that he is not professional that the enquirer would have picked up on it and fired him. People need to ban together and write complaint letters and unfollow him. That would send a message.

A couple of months ago (preseason) I was listening to Sirius NFL channels Moving the Chains show with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan. I was on hold and Joe Reedy came on to give his take on the Bengals. I was going to ask about our LB corps (Dansby had just been in for a visit) and Andy Dalton, and Kirwan asked me about Reedy's take. I told him that Reedy was a douchebag and that most Cincy fans couldn't stand his sarcastic and condescending demeanor. Ryan laughed and told me to not hold back my true feelings...LOL!

The guy is an ass and I'd love to see him be moved by ESPN to be the beat writer for Jacksonville or Tampa... Better yet, the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL or something really remote where he can just wither away and disappear with his Napoleonic complex.

I can't deny my jealousy toward him. But that jealousy turns to depression when realizing that I could do his job better than him and not be as much of a choad. 

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder about Bengals journalism as a side career.  Do what you love, right? And it appears that anyone can do it so...

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder about Bengals journalism as a side career.  Do what you love, right? And it appears that anyone can do it so...

Start a blog.  Costs nothing to start one, and if you get good at it and people read it you might get noticed.  That's all PFT did, really.  Heck, you might even be able to get a press credential and show up at the press conferences.

Anybody notice he does a better job covering the Browns games than he does the team he gets paid to cover?

Just checked my twitter feed and saw all the complimentary posts he put on there for the browns. What a joke of a reporter. I'm just gonna get my bengals news from the dude who covers the Ravens from now on. At least he has inside info.

Anybody notice he does a better job covering the Browns games than he does the team he gets paid to cover?

Just checked my twitter feed and saw all the complimentary posts he put on there for the browns. What a joke of a reporter. I'm just gonna get my bengals news from the dude who covers the Ravens from now on. At least he has inside info.

Yes and it scalds my ass

reedy hates his job. the bengals do not interest him.

If that is true then why do it? It's the same accusation Bengals fans level at Peter King during his time here as a beat writer. If Reedy is in fact employed by the Enquirer (is he? I don't know) then he needs to be WAAAAAAAY more objective in his coverage of the team and be a professional and ignore the attacks that come his way via social media...not to mention not responding in kind when he feels violated by fans perceptions.

@pauldehnerjr: Not sure how to describe what just happened on #BeyondTheStripes, but Clark Harris just bludgeoned @joereedy in the face with a snap. #Epic

@lindzpatterson Clip of @ClarkHarris46 v. @joereedy is up (http://cin.ci/16EOZIP ). Love this screen grab so much: pic.twitter.com/K5MMo4Fuk7

Archived