The reedy thread (Joe Reedy is no longer a Bengals Beat Writer)

@joereedy So, with you no longer my source for #Bengals news, do you have any recommendations on who to follow? (I won't break up w/ u tho!)

RT @JeffDWarden: @joereedy So, any recommendations on who to follow? (I won't break up w/ u tho!)>@pauldehnerjr will do great

@joereedy will you still be tweeting updates to things?

@briandivirgilio Not really since I’m not going to be on the beat

Now it’s really official RT @FOXSportsOH: Joe Reedy joins http://FOXSportsOhio.com  as Indians beat reporter http://ow.ly/tQ78n 

Some

I know you don't have to be a fan of the team you cover, but I don't think it is good to be a fan of one of their division rivals. I think that came through sometimes with Reedy and it was pretty annoying. I don't necessarily blame him. If I was hired to cover the Browns, I would happily take the job and attempt to be unbiased, but my Bengals love would shine through and annoy the shit out of clevelanders.

Damn you.

: )

It was believed at one point that you were the " mole " on the boards back in the Enquirer forums days.  I am damned forever for accusing you of such heinous fraud.  Have a nice day Geoff...

At least I got the Clinton Bourgeois ( Jesus of Nazareth, Clinton, the dead presidents, etc... ) right.  Sprinkle some fairy dust on those posts ( Lacy / Lace ) and every thing will be alright...

I wish him well, but I think PDJ will be better. I thought Joe's articles were pretty good, and he was accessible, but his tweets were offensive at times... Although I'm sure he was annoyed with some of the inane/same questions he seemed to get. That might annoy me, too.

I guess what annoyed me about Reedy were the podcasts this past fall... there is nothing worse than someone who thinks he's funny who isn't - and for what little that's worth, that's my most lasting impression of him.

Archived