TE David Johnson

DE Al Woods

Ravens

+

None

-

DL Arthur Jones

CB Corey Graham

@RavensInsider: Ravens reach four-year agreement in principle with Jacoby Jones, team announces

Browns are cutting Weeden

@AdamSchefter: Cleveland Browns will be releasing quarterback Brandon Weeden, per @MikeSilver.

So much for trading that Julio Jones pick...

I keep hearin buzz on Steve Smith going to the ravens.  This would not be good at all.  It's like having Whines Hard back in the AFC north. 

Maybe this keeps him off their radar?

@RavensInsider: Jacoby Jones' four-year deal has a maximum value of $14 million, according to a source. He gets $4.5 million guaranteed

@RapSheet: #Browns have released 2 QBs today Brandon Weeden & Jason Campbell. Who will join Brian Hoyer? Dont be surprised if its Matt Schaub

Don't like that at all.  Schaub had a QB rating over 90 five years in a row until last year.   Way better than some here think.

Hmmm Brandon Weeden, good backup probly.

Not in the NFL. He doesn't have enough experience to be ready to go with no notice and not getting many reps in practice that week. Jason Campbell is a much more desirable backup prospect, whether for the Bengals or another team. Weeden is probably going to be out of the league next season.

Don't like that at all.  Schaub had a QB rating over 90 five years in a row until last year.   Way better than some here think.

Yeah, he doesn't seem to be injured or broken down. It's just that his mind went or his spirit broke. His passer rating wasn't ungodly bad last year but it seemed like his interceptions were mostly pick sixes.

Yeah, he doesn't seem to be injured or broken down. It's just that his mind went or his spirit broke. His passer rating wasn't ungodly bad last year but it seemed like his interceptions were mostly pick sixes.

Houston sort of had the same season we had during the TO OCHO show year.  Team was better than the record but Bad Luck Shleprock was hanging around the sideline.

i think Schaub WAS a good QB.  I think he mentally fell apart last year though.  IF he can get his head back on straight, he can be a good QB, but that seems to be a big IF.

i think Schaub WAS a good QB.  I think he mentally fell apart last year though.  IF he can get his head back on straight, he can be a good QB, but that seems to be a big IF.

Plenty of guys have done it.  Kurt Warner and Rich Gannon to name two.  Kenny Anderson is another.  We KNOW he is capable of being a very good QB and was one only 1 year ago.  I do NOT want to see him in Cleveland. 

Yep. It's not just his head that he needs to get back though. It seemed like not only did he lose confidence in himself, but all of his teammates lost confidence in him also. That can be the tougher thing to get back.

Maybe getting with a new team would be a huge help. However, you have to think that the first inopportune pick 6 he throws with his new team will cause questions about his mental fortitude from his new teammates as well because reputations once earned are hard to change.

Perception can become reality because one of the biggest job requirements for any QB is to get his teammates to believe that they can win the big games with him at the helm and that he will come through in the pressure situations.

Yep. It's not just his head that he needs to get back though. It seemed like not only did he lose confidence in himself, but all of his teammates lost confidence in him also. That can be the tougher thing to get back.

Maybe getting with a new team would be a huge help. However, you have to think that the first inopportune pick 6 he throws with his new team will cause questions about his mental fortitude from his new teammates as well because reputations once earned are hard to change.

Perception can become reality because one of the biggest job requirements for any QB is to get his teammates to believe that they can win the big games with him at the helm and that he will come through in the pressure situations.

Once again I don't want any QB that has ever shown, over an extended period of time, the ability to be a GOOD QB anywhere near Cleveland.    The QB job description in Cleveland reads: "Destroyer of every young man's dream".   Schaub isn't young and has tasted success before.  He isn't eligible for the job until he reaches 41.

Archived