** The NEXT 50 lbs.... ** anti-fatass part 2

GoBengals

If you are interested in a diet that allows cheat days of sorts, you might consider the Body opus diet. It was formulated by the late Dan Duchaine and worked very well for me when I was playing rugby.

I have an extensive fitness, nutrition, exercise background and would be happy to answer any questions you might have, or offer suggestions if you have questions or desire substitutions in routines. I was a certified Polliquin trainer for some years as well, so I am a results guy.

Good luck. I think many of us could stand to lose some weight, myself included.

I know there isn't a one fix for everyone, but there was a time that I dropped 40 lbs in a few months simply from walking 2 miles a day.  This wasn't on a treadmill, this was on pavement. 

my walking is streaky, i was walking 3-7 miles a day for a while, didnt lose a ton but i was eating whatever i wanted at the time and staying the same or losing slightly.. now that the neighborhood pool is open, and pretty vacant in the AM, i am hoping to start swimming for 45 minutes before work most days. been pretty stressed waiting for a promotion to be completely approved would be a 30% raise and 25% less work.

If you are interested in a diet that allows cheat days of sorts, you might consider the Body opus diet. It was formulated by the late Dan Duchaine and worked very well for me when I was playing rugby.

I have an extensive fitness, nutrition, exercise background and would be happy to answer any questions you might have, or offer suggestions if you have questions or desire substitutions in routines. I was a certified Polliquin trainer for some years as well, so I am a results guy.

Good luck. I think many of us could stand to lose some weight, myself included.

thanks! i know myself and others look for advice and tips regularly in this thread. Appreciate it!

my walking is streaky, i was walking 3-7 miles a day for a while, didnt lose a ton but i was eating whatever i wanted at the time and staying the same or losing slightly.. now that the neighborhood pool is open, and pretty vacant in the AM, i am hoping to start swimming for 45 minutes before work most days. been pretty stressed waiting for a promotion to be completely approved would be a 30% raise and 25% less work.

thanks! i know myself and others look for advice and tips regularly in this thread. Appreciate it!

You might want to consider some HIIT training mixed in with your walking. Hight Intensity Interval training is more effective for fat loss than standard walking, and it promotes building muscle as well. The idea here is an increased intensity period, followed by a lower intensity for recovery, and repeating this over your walk. The high intensity could be a 10 second sprint, a moderate jog for 30 seconds, or rapid walking for 60 seconds, then this is followed by 2 to 3 minutes of you regular walking pace.

I hated looking at a watch, so I would use things I saw as distance markers for the hit intensity parts, like telephone poles, mailboxes, etc... The same applied for resting, ;icking another marker, after which I would resume the moderate jogging/running.

Plus time passes a ot faster doing this. It can be done with almost any cardio exercise, and makes it less mind numbing.

A weight variance that minute could be due to needing to take a piss or having a bit too much sodium. That weigh-in is a wash...

Yup. I'm still curious as to how someone so dedicated to making this happen, slip here and there. Not a bad thing, the best of us slip every now and then. To me, Go's Anti Fatass thread is kinda like a reality show in the form of threads.

Keep strong, we support you.

You might want to consider some HIIT training mixed in with your walking. Hight Intensity Interval training is more effective for fat loss than standard walking, and it promotes building muscle as well. The idea here is an increased intensity period, followed by a lower intensity for recovery, and repeating this over your walk. The high intensity could be a 10 second sprint, a moderate jog for 30 seconds, or rapid walking for 60 seconds, then this is followed by 2 to 3 minutes of you regular walking pace.

I hated looking at a watch, so I would use things I saw as distance markers for the hit intensity parts, like telephone poles, mailboxes, etc... The same applied for resting, ;icking another marker, after which I would resume the moderate jogging/running.

Plus time passes a ot faster doing this. It can be done with almost any cardio exercise, and makes it less mind numbing.

You, Khat, and a few others should form a branch on the forums called Fitness Corner. Kinda like our version of the show Doctors.

You, Khat, and a few others should form a branch on the forums called Fitness Corner. Kinda like our version of the show Doctors.

I am always available for advice, I appreciate the kind words and agree a general fitness/health/exercise/nutrition forum would be interesting.

killed a big ass burger, fries, cheese fries, root beer float at about 2am this morning after the jim jeffries comedy show..

so i wasnt expecting much this morning,

i may have to turn into a chipotle whore..

off today, should be easier to keep things in line..

Whatever you do, don't do Chipotle because it's been known to cause blood stained underwear. I know, I've seen this on tv so it must be true.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlIHDauX3ao[/media]

:ninja:

killed a big ass burger, fries, cheese fries, root beer float at about 2am this morning after the jim jeffries comedy show..

so i wasnt expecting much this morning,

Jim Jeffries is amazing. One of my favorites. I'm seeing Lisa Lampanelli in Vegas next week. They might be the 2 most vulgar and it is wonderful.

Jim Jeffries is amazing. One of my favorites. I'm seeing Lisa Lampanelli in Vegas next week. They might be the 2 most vulgar and it is wonderful.

Just got tickets to Marc Maron and Anthony Jeselnik as well. you almost have to be a Jeselnik fan if you like Jeffries and Lampanelli. Lampanelli is palying here as well, But i am trying to go to Doug Benson (its at 4:20pm on a weekday) and Tom Papa, so i am skipping her event..

Just got tickets to Marc Maron and Anthony Jeselnik as well. you almost have to be a Jeselnik fan if you like Jeffries and Lampanelli. Lampanelli is palying here as well, But i am trying to go to Doug Benson (its at 4:20pm on a weekday) and Tom Papa, so i am skipping her event..

I love Jeselnik. I'd never heard of him until that roast a couple years ago and his humor was quite different from others (and fantastic). Been a fan ever since.

Damn, didn't realize she was in town...

If you end up grabbing tickets, PM me. Also I'm about to PM you a couple Vegas questions.

If you end up grabbing tickets, PM me. Also I'm about to PM you a couple Vegas questions.

I won't be able to make the show due to prior commitments, but if you have questions feel free to hit me up as I've been here for close to 20 years...

Keep it up.

After talking with a few different people, How often and when should a person on a diet weigh themselves ? Once a day, every couple days, once a week... Something about the psychology behind losing weight.

Anyways, it's all about the steps we take.

Keep it up.

After talking with a few different people, How often and when should a person on a diet weigh themselves ? Once a day, every couple days, once a week... Something about the psychology behind losing weight.

Anyways, it's all about the steps we take.

its tough, when i was losing regualry, i went to every 3-5 days, so i could see a 2-5lb loss, but when i am trying to get back on track, daily seems to be best, so if i have a shit day, i can se eit and makes it more "urgent" to not have another one...

When trying to lose weight, I would weight myself twice a day. Once in the morning after emptying the bladder, only in underwear, and again in the evening just before going to sleep after a similar bladder emptying. This will also give you an idea of your nightly metabolic processes, mostly water loss.

Over the past few months, I've involved a lot of kale in my diet, replacing lettuce. More vitamins and will hopefully help slow down father time.

When trying to lose weight, I would weight myself twice a day. Once in the morning after emptying the bladder, only in underwear, and again in the evening just before going to sleep after a similar bladder emptying. This will also give you an idea of your nightly metabolic processes, mostly water loss.

Over the past few months, I've involved a lot of kale in my diet, replacing lettuce. More vitamins and will hopefully help slow down father time.

Somewhat OT but..  IDK where you live, but here in Ohio I've found it really easy to grow kale.  Even in a midsized pot or container it does pretty well on account of the relatively small/shallow root ball & frost resistance = long growing season.  Like most leafy veg it needs a lot of water & I have to hit it with Neem oil and/or diatomaceous earth to keep the bugs off but that's about it.

Archived