** The NEXT 50 lbs.... ** anti-fatass part 2

GoBengals

just staying away from breads all together currently, fruit veggies, peanut butter, yogurt nothing to drink but water.. etc..

We gotta find a way to get some protein, healthy fats in you.  That peanut butter *maybe* helping with that, depending on type of peanut butter, but I imagine your protein count for the day is lacking, as well as healthy fats, which help in weight loss.  Farmers used to feed their cows coconut oil to fatten them up, only to find out that the heifers were losing weight at a good pace.  

i just started using coconut oil about two weeks ago. I put it on my brocolli and asparagus and put it in the oven while my chicken is cooking. Just recently started putting in a skillet while cooking ground beef.

I would for sure be interested to see what else khat does with it. I use it similarly to how olive oil is used.

I'll second the protein recommendation. I do a lot of food prep on Sunday which is my off day and make lunches for the week. It's centered around protein and now healthy fats. Protein makes the body work harder to digest which burns more fat. You could probably make some lean ground turkey burgers and put them on a whole wheat bun (?) as an example of something that tastes pretty good. Four ounces of lean ground turkey with some seasoning and veggies on top of it couldn't be more than 350 calories which isn't bad if your averaging around 650-700 calories a meal.

for lunch i got some bananas, had 2 smallish greenish organic bananas, a cup of yogurt(not the healthy kind, just yoplait) about 20-30 pistachios, and about a dozen organic baby carrots... and bottled water..

i bought some coconut oil, i looked it up, the refined stuff doesnt taste like coconut, coconut makes me gag instantly, so i got the less healthy, i assume, version.. so i dont know if that was pointless or not, but i grabbed some anyway... sprouts has about 400 kinds of oils..

bread is DELICIOUS

what do i do with coconut oil? just eat it? cook something in it?

what other options you got?

It's very versatile, you can eat it raw or as JC and Lucid have suggested, use it on veggies, meat, corn etc...  I personally fry eggs in coconut oil, I'll use a full teaspoon of it with just the eggs.  It's the oil to use when cooking as it can withstand much higher temps than say olive oil.  I buy gluten free falafel balls, prefrozen big ass bag, and deep fry falafel in coconut oil.  Also throw a tsp of it in my green smoothies I make each morning.  l eat a tablespoon of it with a banana right before going to play basketball.  All sorts of energy.  

Eat chicken, fish, beans, nuts and seeds....some of which you do already.  You're having a good amount of fructose every day...something I don't particularly recommend.  Couple of fruits and a day is ok, as long as you're active and eating the other things.  Eat green leafy vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, cooked spinach, kale, brussel sprouts....cook those things in coconut oil....throw some butter on it too while you're at it.  Those things also will give you a feeling of fullness.  

How about getting a bowl of sides...just chicken, black beans and rice from Chipotle and eating half of it along with some veggies you've brought prepared from home for lunch.  Maybe add in some almonds or walnuts or pistachios or pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds...something like that work?  Eat the other half for dinner with more veggies, nuts and seeds.  Get an avocado and eat half of one along with your meal...it compliments meats really well, I find.  You'll be full, have energy as you're nourished and best of all, not spike your blood sugar.  This sort of diet should reduce inflammation in your body, leading to all sorts of benefits.  And take the principle from that sort of diet and change it up so it doesnt become boring.  

• 4 weeks later...
Fuck

Unacceptable. I keep rationalizing eating shitty food like its a reward system for the stressful shit I am dealing with.

This needs to stop now. No bullshit today. Gotta get one good day in before I can get two in. Gotta get two before I can get to five. Etc.

Day one is today.

Fuck

Unacceptable. I keep rationalizing eating shitty food like its a reward system for the stressful shit I am dealing with.

This needs to stop now. No bullshit today. Gotta get one good day in before I can get two in. Gotta get two before I can get to five. Etc.

Day one is today.

You'll get there. Baby steps.

Speaking as a bloater, hugely grateful to Go for this thread.

I've never believed in breakfast. If I don't eat breakfast but eat the same dinner, that's less calories than breakfast and the same dinner, so I'll lose weight right?! So it's nice to see that it actually fucking works. Exercise more, eat less. Who knew? :D

Keep it up big guy.

Speaking as a bloater, hugely grateful to Go for this thread.

I've never believed in breakfast. If I don't eat breakfast but eat the same dinner, that's less calories than breakfast and the same dinner, so I'll lose weight right?! So it's nice to see that it actually fucking works. Exercise more, eat less. Who knew? :D

Keep it up big guy.

thanks, i figured there are plenty of people just as stubborn as me out there.. and figured the more people asking questions and the more people giving answers the more efficient it would be.

last thing i wanted to do was join weight watchers or some program that worked while i did it and failed a ssoon as it ended.. had to be a life change.. not a program to join..

Archived