Report: Bengals tackle Cedric Ogbuehi to miss 2-3 weeks with toe injury

Great. Let's hope this doesn't linger through the regular season. I am tired of all the injuries.

NBC Sports - ProFootballTalk: Report: Bengals tackle Cedric Ogbuehi to miss 2-3 weeks with toe injury

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/16/report-bengals-tackle-cedric-ogbuehi-to-miss-2-3-weeks-with-toe-injury/

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

5 minutes ago, whodey365 said:

This is getting ridiculous. Cody core left yesterday with a hand injury also. 

Pretty brutal stretch. I'd be completely fine if the starters only play 1-2 series in the rest of the preseason games. Just doesn't seem like the risk is worth the reward. 

2 hours ago, happyrid said:

Pretty brutal stretch. I'd be completely fine if the starters only play 1-2 series in the rest of the preseason games. Just doesn't seem like the risk is worth the reward. 

As I have said for eons, the NFL Preseason is a useless meat grinder. No need whatsoever for there to be a single exhibition game (what they used to be called), let alone four. 

But before anyone says "they need the practice/game experience", ask yourself: do you see this at the college--or even high school levels? If bare-faced kids don't need it, why do more experienced men need it? They don't.

It's the NFL...hence it's just about the loot.

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

As I have said for eons, the NFL Preseason is a useless meat grinder. No need whatsoever for there to be a single exhibition game (what they used to be called), let alone four. 

But before anyone says "they need the practice/game experience", ask yourself: do you see this at the college--or even high school levels? If bare-faced kids don't need it, why do more experienced men need it? They don't.

College teams schedule games against garbage ass 1AA or small conference schools as their "preseason" and a most HS's host game scrimmages against other teams in full pads, hitting and refs. So yes they do lol.

The worst college team on any powerhouse team's schedule still counts as a win in the real schedule. Whereas, winning or losing to the Vikings in mid-August, and sustaining possible long-term injuries to important players in the process, does not provide anything of value, and absolutely no benefit to the real season record. 

Albeit a very long time ago, I played HS football, and never once scrimmaged against another school. I also follow quite closely, a nearby Division I HS school, and have never seen them scrimmage another school either. Not saying it doesn't happen, I just haven't seen it.

And how, actually, is this of any relevance to the NFL-mandated meat grinder?

23 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

if it wasnt needed or worth anything teams wouldnt be scheduling several days of team vs team practices before the preseason games as well. i agree 4 is too much, 2 would be cool. and if they held no value starters wouldnt play at all, also college teams have like 100 players, so scrimmaging yourself is easier, hell they play an entire game against themselves. 

18 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

College teams schedule games against garbage ass 1AA or small conference schools as their "preseason" and a most HS's host game scrimmages against other teams in full pads, hitting and refs. So yes they do lol.

word.

I wonder if teams are obligated to commit and field complete teams for preseason purposes. Or, could they send a message to the league by just forfeiting and holding their guys back from action. 

Just musing aloud on the board here. Anybody ever ponder that stuff?

8 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

A Stealer fan told me this morning that neither Benny, Brown, or Bell have seen the field yet. Even Bug-Eyes has figured out the risk-taking drill with preseason. 

isnt big girl ben slightly injured? and bell is suspended like burfict so same deal there no reason to play him.. and browns faggot ass haircut wont fit in his helmet..

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

24/365.25

lololol

offtopic, i had a half sleep dream as i fell asleep watching nfl network recap that ben was getting interviewed after a practice with a group of media, and for whatever reason he was in a fight recently(in this half dream) and said something like "now im affraid to go into bathrooms alone in bars or clubs" and i was also there for some reason and said "yea so are all the women at the same bar" and everyone looked at me all crazy..

i have a LOT of time on my hands currently.

Archived