Record at the bye week?

I think we kill Miami, Terrell fucking Pryor was unstoppable yesterday, it was pathetic watching that Miami secondary.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Dalton AKA Alex Smith wannabe. Hasn't tested a secondary in two full weeks. What makes you think he'll suddenly start throwing over 10 yards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll say 5-3 too. Fins aren't very good, almost lost to the Browns. 

Browns have a better running game than us. That needs to change or just like the Kubiac streak where we've never beaten Houston so goes the Miami streak where we've never beaten them under a Lewis coached team. Oh and don't forget we're under the bright lights....That's not a good sign

Glass Half Full BFITO: 6-2...the return of Burfict and Eifert puts them back on track. Hunt, Dunlap and Atkins remember how to get to the QB. Boyd develops in to a #2 WR. Jeremy Hill continues his 2014 rebirth flanked by Gio who will do Gio things. The past two weeks have been pretty sizeable disappointments but, the team hasn't brought together all aspects. This week was the pass defense and passing game. This is still a very good team and it will come together.

Glass Half Empty BFITO: 3-5...Cody Kessler and Dak Prescott on the schedule?!? The Dolphins in prime time?!? The Genius and the Patriots?!? A game in the UK?!? We will be lucky to pull out a win from this group. The Bengals window closed last season. This team is incomplete, poorly coached and overmatched. How does Paul Alexander have a job? Offensive line is garbage despite multiple early round additions in the draft. Pacman is 32 and cannot patrol the perimeter anymore and our 1st round draft picks at CB in order are...Injured, Suck, Suck.

Fuck you glass half empty BFITO. I'm going with 6-2

Lmao! That was great but I'm going with 3-5 because your spot on. That window closed . No team has had so many chances over the past 5 years and failed to excel. We're in a rebuilding phase, so let's not get overly excited this season folks

5 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Lmao! That was great but I'm going with 3-5 because your spot on. That window closed . No team has had so many chances over the past 5 years and failed to excel. We're in a rebuilding phase, so let's not get overly excited this season folks

:24::24::24: 

What will really tell where this season will go, is whether the NFL will let up on the gas with the game shifting calls/non-calls. 

I thought they would throw us a bone on Sunday, but they actually doubled-down.

Tonight may contain those bones...but then again, with Burdock in, they may go all protect-the-shield on us. 

What will really tell where this season will go, is whether the NFL will let up on the gas with the game shifting calls/non-calls. 
I thought they would throw us a bone on Sunday, but they actually doubled-down.
Tonight may contain those bones...but then again, with Burdock in, they may go all protect-the-shield on us. 

Miami is missing 6 starters tonight. We lose this game it won't be because of bad calls. It'll be bad coaching. Lewis has never beaten Miami . Suh is going to feast on our lame ass center. Dalton is in for a long night

• 2 weeks later...

This team is SOFT in the trenches on both sides of the ball and completely inept on offense. Zampese has yet to call a decent game, everyone not named AJ is trash, and Zeitler has taken Gresham's place as the teams permanent brain cramp. The secondary cant cover anyone, the LB's look completely lost and where the hell is Geno Atkins? 

Shawn Williams might be the worst player I've ever seen in a Bengals uniform... 

F**K :rant: 

On 9/26/2016 at 9:13 AM, membengal said:

The next two games are critical - they have to find Ws against Dolphins and Cowboys (and the game at Dallas is going to be very challenging) because you know that Marvin will not be remotely ready for Pats week. Lose one of next two and they are 2-4. And the Washington game in London is no gimme either. 3-5 at break very possible if they don't win next two.

Worried about this for sure, now.

32 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

STOP! STOP! The whimpering. We're retooling, we'll be fine next season

Assuming this is a rebuilding year like you keep saying (which I think is ridiculous, but never mind that for now) what makes you think a year is going to fix it? What evidence is there for some great roster shake-up in the offseason, what are they going to do - replace a bunch of drafted players with FA on top of all the vet players being another year older?  Is your point that some of the young guys will improve? I'd like to think so, too, but if that were the case I'd expect more of an inconsistent effort as opposed to a complete lack of one.  The occasional flash of ability or potential, at least. I'm not seeing that. 

I'm not writing off this season, but at the same time I don't see any big changes on the horizon either.  I think a serious house-cleaning is in order, long overdue in fact, but that's just not how this franchise operates.  If they don't right the ship this year, next year really will be a rebuilding year if they make the hard choices they've avoided.  That's a big, big if given their history.  

I think we take another loss this week against the Pats, but for some reason I dont think its going to be as lopsided because how often do we play that bad?

That said looking at the rest of the schedule this is what i see.....

Pats - L

Browns - W

Redskins - W (this could go either way but I still think were better than the Skins)

Giants - L (I think this is the team we compare against, they are up and down with beating the Cowboys but losing to the Redskins)

Bills  - W

Ravens - W (still think we are better than the Rats)

Eagles - L (making our 3rd rookie QB, this year, look like a 1st ballot HOF'er)

Browns - W

Stealers - L (God it pains me to say that)

Texans - L (because we still haven't figured them out)

Ravens - W

Like I said in the gameday thread..... this is an 8-8 team.

Jamie: you may be giving both the G-Men and the Iggles too much credit.

NYG have lost 3 in a row. Eli's numbers have tumbled in recent weeks, as have Odell Psycho Jr.'s. They play the Rats this week at home (which I hope they win), but then go cross-country to play the Rams. Then they return to face the Iggles (an always intense and draining game) the week before us. I am cautiously hopeful about this game.

Phila is a mirage. Prior to our home game against them, they play the 'Skins, Vikings, Cowboys, Giants, Falcons, Seahawks, and Packers. They are not that deep to begin with, and that grind may really wear them down.I could really see a W here for us.

2 hours ago, BengalsFanFromNY said:

Whatever our record will be, it won't be getting us into the playoffs this year.

You can look at the schedules in our division and see that we're not meant to make the postseason this year.  Protectin' that $hield!

• 1 month later...

Assuming this is a rebuilding year like you keep saying (which I think is ridiculous, but never mind that for now) what makes you think a year is going to fix it? What evidence is there for some great roster shake-up in the offseason, what are they going to do - replace a bunch of drafted players with FA on top of all the vet players being another year older?  Is your point that some of the young guys will improve? I'd like to think so, too, but if that were the case I'd expect more of an inconsistent effort as opposed to a complete lack of one.  The occasional flash of ability or potential, at least. I'm not seeing that. 
I'm not writing off this season, but at the same time I don't see any big changes on the horizon either.  I think a serious house-cleaning is in order, long overdue in fact, but that's just not how this franchise operates.  If they don't right the ship this year, next year really will be a rebuilding year if they make the hard choices they've avoided.  That's a big, big if given their history.  

Like I said we're rebuilding

9 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Like I said we're rebuilding emoji41.png

Yes, we've established that you keep saying that. You answered none of the questions I raised.

You think folks are ignoring you because they can't handle some harsh truth that only you are qualified to see. They are ignoring you because you say the same shit over and over without adding anything to the conversation.

There's a name for that. Hint: It's not "rebuilding year" or "Alex Smith".

Yes, we've established that you keep saying that. You answered none of the questions I raised.

You think folks are ignoring you because they can't handle some harsh truth that only you are qualified to see. They are ignoring you because you say the same shit over and over without adding anything to the conversation.

There's a name for that. Hint: It's not "rebuilding year" or "Alex Smith".

Do yourself a favor. Join them and put me on ignore. I told you the moment this season started not to get all riled up, but you went ape shit about my being wrong. Which delayed a rebuilding conversation until now.Ok click ignore...see ya

25 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Do yourself a favor. Join them and put me on ignore.

That's good advice actually, I think I will.  Award yourself however many troll points that's worth to you.

I'm not saying this guy is Scharm, but has anyone seen them in the same place at the same time?

mrw-i-see-an-obvious-troll_o_3798549.jpg

Archived