WJ3 best cover guy on the team

Hey everyone, 

Chuck in Baltimore here....I have been a member for awhile and decided I would start to post.

As reported by Profootballtalk.com.

Cincinnati Bengals – CB William Jackson III – In his first real season of action, Jackson III has been brilliant at times. His Week 7 performance matching up primarily against Antonio Brown was one of the best cornerback performances of this season, earning a game grade of 92.3. When covering Brown, he didn’t allow a single catch on four targets. His 82.7 overall grade ranks 20th among cornerbacks.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-cover-athletes-the-top-coverage-player-on-every-nfl-defense

I must say that I agree....

PFF keeps track of some important stats, but their individual player rankings are a bit of a joke.

Not bashing Jackson at all.  From what I have seen he is playing well, just not putting any weight on PFF rankings.  In 2016 Dre K played 98% of the snaps on a top 5 passing defense and as an individual ranked in the top 30 CBs in pretty much every objective measure I could find (Completion Percentage Allowed, Success Rate, Yards per Target) yet PFF had him ranked as the 112th CB behind a bunch of scrubs who barely even saw the field.  That showeed me what total garbage their individual rankings are.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

WJ III's best move last Sundae Sunday was restraining/convincing Burdock not to run on to the field and get involved when A.J. kicked the dog shit out of that bitch on the other team and preventing Burdock from an instant suspension for leaving the bench to join a brawl.

This lady at work was calling him Buford. It amazes me that some fans can watch a team every week and only know a couple of players' names.

8 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

What really gets me about Kirkpatrick is no matter how poorly he is playing or how much he has blown coverage or a play,

he always has time to celebrate.

Yes I'm surprised the steady veteran mentoring he's received from Team Captain Pacman Jones hasn't corrected that tendency.

:ninja:

Archived