• Assistant DL:  Matt Raich
  • LB Coach: Jim Haslett
  • DB Coach: Daronte Jones?
  • Secondary Coach: Robert Livingston

Out

Bears

MATT NAGY
Bengals MARVIN LEWIS
Cardinals Pat Shurmur (1/5), Matt Patricia (1/6), Brian Flores (1/6), Mike Munchack (1/7), John DeFelipo (1/5), Keith Armstrong, James Bettcher (1/3), Jim Schwartz (1/5), Steve Wilks
Colts Kris Richard (1/4), Josh McDaniels (1/3), Matt Nagy (1/7), Steve Wilks, Mike Vrabel (1/6)
Giants Matt Patricia (1/5), Josh McDaniels (1/5), Jim Schwartz, Eric Studesville (1/10), Steve Wilks, Pat Shurmur (1/6), Steve Spagnulou (1/3)
Lions Matt Patricia (1/5), Mike Vrabel (1/3), Pat Shurmur (1/4), Winston Moss (1/4), Teryl Austin (1/2), Steve Wilks, Jim Bob Cooter (1/2)
Raiders JOHN GRUDEN

The coaches and who may be gone. Let me know if I should make any adjustments.  Making this more concise then the rabbit hole that other thread went down. 

Out

Bengals-Marvin Lewis: STAYING Contract ended, he is gone.

Giants-Ben McAdoo: OUT Already fired. New GM.

Probably Out

Bears-John Fox: OUT He has literally no talent at receiver but a 12-32 record in 3 years. Likely gone. I would assume Pete Carmicheal is in play here as their GM was in New Orleans.

Colts-Chuck Pagano: OUT Luck is out but Pagano has been on every list of coaches likely gone. Went 11-5 each of his first 3 season. 8-8 the next 2 and now 3-11.

Bucs-Dirk Koetter: STAYING Word is he is out with a reported rift with Winston and not so great win numbers after some high expectations to start the year.

Maybe Out

Cardinals-Bruce Arians: OUT Rumors of possible retirement. Fitzgerald signed on for 1 more year and Palmer is ancient. I could see the trio sticking around for a year.

Browns-Hue Jackson: STAYING Owner says he stays. GM says he stays. But new GM might want his own guy.

Broncos-Vance Joseph: STAYING Word is he will get at least another year. Broncos have underperformed.

Lions-Jim Caldwell: OUT Contract is up but the Lions are in the mix

Texans-Bill O’Brien: STAYING Personality reportedly doesn’t mesh with Texas. Injury to Deshaun might save him.

Raiders-Jack Del Rio: OUT Underperforming team after a great 2016. 12-4 last year and 6-8 this year.

Redskins-Jay Gruden: STAYING Very average win numbers. 4-12, 9-7, 8-7-1, 6-8. Could be on the market.

Probably Safe

Ravens-John Harbaugh: Heading into year 10. 92-64 record. Lots of injuries this year. In the playoff hunt.

Cowboys-Jason Garrett: Cowboys didn’t live up to expectations this year and Jerry Jones is a wildcard.

Packers-Mike McCarthy: Florio listed him as a wild card to get fired. Tough after a season without ARod.

Chiefs-Andy Reid: Started out hot and then fell back to earth. Likely staying.

Dolphins-Adam Gase: Have not seen his name anywhere. They are not having a great year but he has had a bit of a fiasco at QB.

Jets-Todd Bowles: STAYING On everyone’s hot seat to start the year, “tanking” Jets are playing above expectations.

Seahawks-Pete Carroll: STAYING Carroll has had tons of success but is 66. He should be back if he wants to be.

Titans-Mike Mularkey: STAYING Have not seen his name anywhere but the Titans are totally up and down. Were recently the underdog against the 49ers who had 3 wins.

Safe

Falcons-Dan Quinn: Safe. They have had a down year but he is just in year 3 and went to the Super Bowl last year.

Bills-Sean McDermott: Safe. In the playoff hunt in year 1 with lots of roster changes.

Panthers-Ron Rivera: Safe. 10-4 and a history of winning.

Jaguars-Doug Marrone: Jags having a great year.

Chargers-Anthony Lynn: Year 1 and 7-7.

Rams-Sean McVay: Year 1 and 10-4 and one of the hottest teams in the league.

Vikings-Mike Zimmer: Would be a candidate for coach of the year if not for Rams 11-3

Patriots-Bill Belichick: Belichick is 65 years old and has that job until he decides to leave. Have to think he is back if they are trading Jimmy G because that’s a big indicator that Brady is back.

Saints-Sean Payton: Saints are 10-4.

Eagles-Doug Pederson: Eagles are 12-2 and have best record in NFL.

Stealers-Mike Tomlin: Stealers are 11-3.

49ers-Kyle Shanahan: Niners on a 3 game winning streak, just got a new QB and Shanahan is in his first year.

Potential Options, let me know if I am missing anyone

Offensive Coordinator
Pete Carmicheal, Saints OC
Jim Bob Cooter, Lions OC:
Todd Downing, Raiders OC:
Harold Goodwin, Cards OC: AFC North (Stealers Offensive Assistant 2007-2011), OL coaching experience
Todd Haley, Stealers OC: AFC North (Stealers, 2012-Present), Chiefs HC 2009-2011 (19-26) BROWNS OC
Matt LaFleur, Rams OC:
Mike McCoy, Broncos OC: Chargers HC 2013-2016 (27-37)
COLTS Josh McDaniels, Patriots OC: John Carroll Graduate, Broncos HC (11-17)
BEARS Matt Nagy, Chiefs OC: Former Columbus Arena league baller
Frank Reich, Eagles OC:
Terry Robiskie, Titans OC
GIANTS Pat Shurmur, Vikings OC
Ken Whisenhunt, Chargers OC: AFC North (Ravens-Browns-Stealers 1997-2006) Cardinals Head Coach, 2007-2012, Titans Head Coach 2014-2015 (48-71)

Offensive Assistants
Tom Cable, Seahawks OL Coach RAIDERS OL
John DeFelippo, Eagles QBs Coach: AFC North (Browns coach), From Youngstown
Russ Grimm, Titans OL Coach: AFC North (Stealers 2001-2006)
Mike Munchack, Stealers OL Coach: AFC North (Oilers back in the day) (Stealers 2014-2017), Titans HC 2011-2013 (22-26)

Defensive Coordinators
Teryl Austin, Lions DC: AFC North (Ravens DB 2011-2013) BENGALS DC
Matt Burke, Dolphins DC: Former Bengals Assistant
George Edwards, Vikings DC
Paul Guenther, Bengals DC: RAIDERS DC
Marquand Manuel, DC: Former Bengals player
LIONS Matt Patricia, Patriots DC
Kris Richard, Seahawks DC  COWBOYS DBS
Jim Schwartz, Eagles DC: Ex Lions Head Coach (29-51)
Steve Spagnuolo, Giants DC
Mike Smith, Broncos DC
TITANS Mike Vrabel, Texans DC: Akron, OH Native, OSU Grad and Coach
CARDINALS Steve Wilks, Panthers DC

Special Teams Coordinators
Dave Toub, Chiefs:

Current Head Coaches
John Harbaugh, Ravens: Ohio Native
STAYING Hue Jackson, Browns:
Chuck Pagano, Colts:
Bruce Arians, Cardinals:

STAYING Marvin Lewis, Bengals:

STAYING Jay Gruden, Redskins:

STAYING Bill O'Brien, Texans:

Ex Head Coaches
RAIDERS Jon Gruden, Monday Night Football: Ohio Native
Jim Tressell, Youngstown State President: OSU

College Coaches
Jim Harbaugh, Michigan
Greg Schiano, OSU DC
David Shaw, Stanford

PENGUIN

I really don’t want Cooter. I know they’ve improved since he took over, but when you watch them, I just see Stafford’s arm and mobility in the pocket as being the main reason for their success. The line isn’t very good, the running game is below average, and the WR’s are okay. Anytime I’ve seen them play, I just come away feeling that Stafford is really darn good. I never think that the offense is just very well schemed. 

That looks like a lot of thinking and work put into this whenever we're just going to hire the most familiar face willing to coach here. I'll make this simple:

Potential Options

Paul Guenther

Darrin Simmons

Potential ex-girlfriend reunions

The worse Gruden

Vance Joseph

19 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I really don’t want Cooter. I know they’ve improved since he took over, but when you watch them, I just see Stafford’s arm and mobility in the pocket as being the main reason for their success. The line isn’t very good, the running game is below average, and the WR’s are okay. Anytime I’ve seen them play, I just come away feeling that Stafford is really darn good. I never think that the offense is just very well schemed. 

Ditto that on Cooter. From things I've read, he doesn't have a good reume on developing good players.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

That looks like a lot of thinking and work put into this whenever we're just going to hire the most familiar face willing to coach here.

I don't know why people keep saying stuff like this.

When I look back at former head coaches and coordinators a lot of them came from other teams. (Bratkowski, Frazier, Lewis, Zimmer, Gruden).

That being said i would not be surprised if we hired someone currently on the staff or who has worked here before.  The bengals are not the only team that promotes from within at times.

2 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I agree. I am somewhat surprised by his ascension. However, he might be available as an OC if Caldwell walks. 

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

That looks like a lot of thinking and work put into this whenever we're just going to hire the most familiar face willing to coach here. I'll make this simple:

Potential Options

Paul Guenther

Darrin Simmons

Potential ex-girlfriend reunions

The worse Gruden

Vance Joseph

I hope you are wrong but wouldn't be too surprised. I would also throw Todd Haley into that mix as an in conference known commodity. 

21 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

I don't know why people keep saying stuff like this.

When I look back at former head coaches and coordinators a lot of them came from other teams. (Bratkowski, Frazier, Lewis, Zimmer, Gruden).

That being said i would not be surprised if we hired someone currently on the staff or who has worked here before.  The bengals are not the only team that promotes from within at times.

The last 4 head coaches were either in house or known commodities from the AFC North.

Frankly I don't really know what I'm talking about.  But from what I have seen I like

Richard: fiery young leader who put together the legion of boom and who Sherman credits with being an incredible coach. 

Carmicheal:   Just getting hot on him. I have to think that Saints offense would translate well for us. 

Reich:  eagles offense. Was fired from Chargers though 

On 12/21/2017 at 5:54 PM, MichaelWeston said:

Reich:  eagles offense. Was fired from Chargers though 

From what it sounds, he had to be the fall guy. SanDiego had a terrible year but kept McCoy and the gm. Passing game was pretty good but I think they were dead last in rushing due to a constantly shifting line. Primary running back had an injury plagued season as well.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

He has one win against his 2 biggest rivals since joining ttun.  I think he's overrated as a coach.

Harbaugh:

Regular season:
44–19–1 (.695) (NFL)

Postseason:
5–3 (.625) (NFL)
2–2 (.500) (college)

Career:

49–22–1 (.688) (NFL)
86-37 (.699) (college)

Lewis:

Career: 123–119–3 (.508)
Regular season: 123–112–3 (.523)

Harbaugh > Lewis

.695 > .523  Regular Season Winning Pct.

.688 > .508  Career Winning Pct.

.625 > .000  Postseason Winning Pct.

With the exception of Bruce Arians, there is no former head coach with better stats than Harbaugh.  We can already say that his brother with the Ravens is not going anywhere.

Harbaugh > Arians

.695 > .652  Regular Season Winning Pct.

.688 > .637  Career Winning Pct.

.625 > .333  Postseason Winning Pct.

"New football coach Jim Harbaugh's seven-year contract with the Michigan, obtained by the Free Press on Friday, could be worth significantly more than $5.7 million in annual average and is almost fully guaranteed.

Perhaps of most interest to Michigan fans is Harbaugh's buyout. If Harbaugh were to leave early to, say, go back to the NFL, he would be responsible for the prorated amount of his signing bonus ($2 million). So if he were to leave after three years, he would owe four-sevenths of the $2 million ($1.14 million)."

In other words, Harbaugh is under contract to 2021.  However, to buyout the remaining years would be $1.14 million.  Bad news;  Harbaugh still makes more per year than Lewis.  Marvin Lewis Cincinnati Bengals   $4,500,000, Harbaugh Michigan $5.7 million in annual average and is almost fully guaranteed.

Archived