Coaching Staff Changes

13 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I would love to have Jack Del Rio here. It's not his fault that Derek Carr broke his leg after they were storming the field on offense last season, and the fact that Carr just wasn't quite right this season either. Jesus, the guy had two playoff appearances in three seasons and you fire him? After just signing a four year extension? The Raiders (and the Davis family) are just way too impatient with their coaches...just like they did to Hue Jackson.

This.  Raiders are making a mistake getting rid of Del Rio, and he would probably be my #1 candidate for the Bengals job.

However it now looks like Vance Joseph might get terminated by another team that is way too impatient.  If the Broncos let him go I predict he will be our next HC.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I want Pete Carmichael or Frank Reich

But I'm going to say a name that makes me vomit in my mouth a little....but it's hard to argue against his success......never thought I would say this but I'd consider Bill Cowher

<vomit>

I had hoped we would have grabbed him as soon as he left Pukesburgh. That’s exactly what this team needs. Dudes  like the polar opposite of Marvin. 

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

He's not very good. I would gladly try fresh blood. 

Not sure that I agree, I think Gunther's D played fine but was handicapped by the worst O in the league causing them to tire out at the end of many games. 

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

Not sure that I agree, I think Gunther's D played fine but was handicapped by the worst O in the league causing them to tire out at the end of many games. 

He plays soft and bend but don't break. We are consistently killed by the tight end, running qbs and screens. Anything slightly out of the ordinary. He's not terrible but I would like something new. 

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

He plays soft and bend but don't break. We are consistently killed by the tight end, running qbs and screens. Anything slightly out of the ordinary. He's not terrible but I would like something new. 

Those are all things we've had trouble with regardless of who our DC has been, even Zimmer. I'd argue it's a structural problem in how we value S and a coverage LB.

18 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

We are consistently killed by the tight end, running qbs and screens. Anything slightly out of the ordinary. 

We are not "consistently killed" by any offense.  Wit Guenther as DC we have finished in the top half of the league every year in scoring defense including 2nd in '15 and 8th in '16.

I think it has more to do with concentrating more on shutting down the WRs which lets the TEs and RBs get some short pass yards.

Guenther is not a "deal breaker" either way with me.  I would not mind if we kept him, but I would not complain if we brought in someone with a comperable resume.

No matter who our DC is he will need some better talent at LB.

2 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

We are not "consistently killed" by any offense.  Wit Guenther as DC we have finished in the top half of the league every year in scoring defense including 2nd in '15 and 8th in '16.

I think it has more to do with concentrating more on shutting down the WRs which lets the TEs and RBs get some short pass yards.

Guenther is not a "deal breaker" either way with me.  I would not mind if we kept him, but I would not complain if we brought in someone with a comperable resume.

Your logic doesn't even follow with your own sentences.

1. We are not.....

2. We are because we let it happen.....

12 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

This.

I think Marv and the Bengals are waiting to see what happens with Vance Joseph.

Marv has always thought highly of him.

If the Broncos let him go, he will probably end up back in Cincy, as the DC.

That's only if Guenther goes to the Raiders.

Archived