Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
oldschooler

2018 Free Agency thread

Recommended Posts

I have never been impressed with Cousins but realize he is a decent QB.  In today's NFL, decent QBs get paid a shitload of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Fitzpatrick make like $17million for a 1 year? Mccarron and cousins won't make any less than $15 million next year, even if it it's 1 year prove it deals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably can't afford the luxury, but I would love if we got Jarvis Landry. I think he can play ot  in a pinch also.:1hump:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A really good 31 year old Sitton is far more valuable than Pac Man or Michael Johnson.

 

Cushing.   Its an interesting topic.  Phenomenal talent early on.  When healthy he is a great player.  Sounds like a total douche but sometimes guys play to the camera. I dunno, bring him in, see what it really up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Sitton is a guy I'd love to have. 

 

Not extremely old, still plays at a high level and can play both guard spots, and could bring some veteran presence (well, GOOD vet presence) to the OL group. 

 

He shouldn't be extremely expensive but who knows with how NFL free agents get paid nowadays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freeman is a stud when on the field

 

I have always liked Doug Martin. If he doesn't get any feelers and comes at league minimum why not?

 

Chris Baker was good in Washington. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SF2 said:

 

 

Cushing.   Its an interesting topic.  Phenomenal talent early on.  When healthy he is a great player.  Sounds like a total douche but sometimes guys play to the camera. I dunno, bring him in, see what it really up.

That's the juice talking:3_grin:

 

 

I wish the Bengals would learn to renegotiate contracts. I can't remember 1 player that has had his contract renegotiated but I think that's how they resign most of there own FA.  Geathers and Peko both great team players were making way to much money last couple years of there contracts. There production didn't match there pay. With MJ and Pacman, I wish the Bengals could renegotiate to get some money back. They are still valuable but think they are making to much money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kochman said:

That's the juice talking:3_grin:

 

 

I wish the Bengals would learn to renegotiate contracts. I can't remember 1 player that has had his contract renegotiated but I think that's how they resign most of there own FA.  Geathers and Peko both great team players were making way to much money last couple years of there contracts. There production didn't match there pay. With MJ and Pacman, I wish the Bengals could renegotiate to get some money back. They are still valuable but think they are making to much money.

 

Hell I just wish they'd restructure some contracts at times. Push some of the $$ a couple of years away when you know certain contracts will be coming off the books or your cap space will be more manageable so you can "go for it" in the current year.

 

Look at what the Stealers are doing right now. They're pushing money around with DeCastro and a couple other contracts and moving them to later years. Conveniently enough, Ben's contract will be turning into a rookie QB contract around that same time. The Mike Brown apologists will laugh at how the Stealers are in "cap hell" while the Stealers will be laughing as they're in the playoffs winning games again and we're sitting at home. It sucks to watch those pieces of shit, of all teams, actually know how to run a franchise. Yes, they're not perfect and they don't win the SB every year, but they're sure as hell more competitive than us 98% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

 

Hell I just wish they'd restructure some contracts at times. Push some of the $$ a couple of years away when you know certain contracts will be coming off the books or your cap space will be more manageable so you can "go for it" in the current year.

 

Look at what the Stealers are doing right now. They're pushing money around with DeCastro and a couple other contracts and moving them to later years. Conveniently enough, Ben's contract will be turning into a rookie QB contract around that same time. The Mike Brown apologists will laugh at how the Stealers are in "cap hell" while the Stealers will be laughing as they're in the playoffs winning games again and we're sitting at home. It sucks to watch those pieces of shit, of all teams, actually know how to run a franchise. Yes, they're not perfect and they don't win the SB every year, but they're sure as hell more competitive than us 98% of the time.

Que the obligatory, " Your really a Stealer's fan in 5, 4, 3, "   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

 

Hell I just wish they'd restructure some contracts at times. Push some of the $$ a couple of years away when you know certain contracts will be coming off the books or your cap space will be more manageable so you can "go for it" in the current year.

 

Look at what the Stealers are doing right now. They're pushing money around with DeCastro and a couple other contracts and moving them to later years. Conveniently enough, Ben's contract will be turning into a rookie QB contract around that same time. The Mike Brown apologists will laugh at how the Stealers are in "cap hell" while the Stealers will be laughing as they're in the playoffs winning games again and we're sitting at home. It sucks to watch those pieces of shit, of all teams, actually know how to run a franchise. Yes, they're not perfect and they don't win the SB every year, but they're sure as hell more competitive than us 98% of the time.

I believe this is part of MB's strategy or competitive advantage because the players know they will get to fulfill their contract regardless of their level of play. 

 

If we know anything about Brown it's that he's loyal to a fault and he's frugal as shit, he's not going to pay someone to not do a job. When you consider these factors it easy to see why they don't restructure contracts or cut guys like Pacman, MJ, Peko, etc...

 

When players sign in Cincinnati they know they will get all of the money on the contract in most situations, however they will not have a chance of winning the Super Bowl either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I believe this is part of MB's strategy or competitive advantage because the players know they will get to fulfill their contract regardless of their level of play. 

 

If we know anything about Brown it's that he's loyal to a fault and he's frugal as shit, he's not going to pay someone to not do a job. When you consider these factors it easy to see why they don't restructure contracts or cut guys like Pacman, MJ, Peko, etc...

 

When players sign in Cincinnati they know they will get all of the money on the contract in most situations, however they will not have a chance of winning the Super Bowl either.

That is the pitfall of having an owner whose main source of revenue is the franchise.  The Krafts, Jones and Paul Allens of the world don't even feel a few million here and there.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×