What will they do post-Eifert? Sponsored by Bunghole Suburu.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Can't help but notice they haven't sent him to IR yet.  I thought that was a given considering the injury.  Maybe it was a relatively clean dislocation?

Maaan, if it's a Richie Braham bone bruise again, I MAY start to question the Bengals sanity. 

17 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Maaan, if it's a Richie Braham bone bruise again, I MAY start to question the Bengals sanity. 

I have to assume that not sending him to IR Monday means they think he could be back by the end of the season, or at least are still evaluating the possibility.  Sounds crazy for as bad as it looked, everything I can find on a dislocation talks about 3-4 months rehab and that's without any actual breakage.  Is there some kind of roster juggling shenanigans at play or what?  I would be surprised if Eifert plays NFL ball again period, but this season?  

14 hours ago, HOF dan said:

Subaru - have one - love it!

Funny side note, at least to me, in England, some pronounce Suburu with each U short instead of long. Might help Bung if he gets any british customers.

I just can’t find any report or article supporting the notion that the Subaru has a low cost of ownership. They aren’t historically good on gas and aren’t comparatively inexpensive to have work performed. All the other boxes you ticked, I can’t argue. But that one I think is a dubious claim. The stats used to support it were likely cherry picked to within an inch of the claim.

52 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

See the source image

Now THAT'S a Subaru!

Those things (and it's successor, the Baja) are fucking awesome. There's a guy that has a killer Baja that comes in every now and again and all the service guys want to buy it from him. Manual 5-speed, super clean, 140k miles...it's pretty effing sweet.

18 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I just can’t find any report or article supporting the notion that the Subaru has a low cost of ownership. They aren’t historically good on gas and aren’t comparatively inexpensive to have work performed. All the other boxes you ticked, I can’t argue. But that one I think is a dubious claim. The stats used to support it were likely cherry picked to within an inch of the claim.

I'd have to do some digging. We have some awards from KBB and Consumer Reports at work for 2015, 16 and 17 stating "lowest cost of ownership" at the dealership (they're literally like trophies). That's my only cite for now, sadly.

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

You also have to factor in resale value - The Subaru's hold their value very well. They're safe and built well. They're basically what Volvo's were in 1982. As Dudley Moore famously said "They're boxy, but they're good." The safety factor often results in lower insurance premiums.

2017 awards: https://www.kbb.com/new-cars/5-year-cost-to-own-awards/best-brand-2017/

Consumer reports for the Crosstrek:

Ownership costs in first five years: $34,200 
Cost per mile: $0.55  (A Prius was $0.49 per mile)
Depreciation: $15,250 
Fuel costs: $6,500 
Insurance: $4,500

The best looking Forester out there right now is the 2019 Sport model. It's got sweet orange accents and black wheels and looks awesome. Wish they'd kept the turbocharged motor from the XT to put in it though, because as it is its just an appearance package.

Image result for 2019 subaru forester sport

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The car is all made and ready to roll as soon as they can get an extension cord long enough to get it out of the garage.

That WOULD be a typical Subaru corner to cut or idiosyncrasy that you'd have to get used to. 

As it is, no hybrids for now. Subies are all P-ZEV cars though, and are not only made by an environmentally friendly company (zero landfill Lafeyette IN plant, etc) but the resale value (ie, your money) is very high. And so am I. 

11 hours ago, Bunghole said:

That WOULD be a typical Subaru corner to cut or idiosyncrasy that you'd have to get used to. 

As it is, no hybrids for now. Subies are all P-ZEV cars though, and are not only made by an environmentally friendly company (zero landfill Lafeyette IN plant, etc) but the resale value (ie, your money) is very high. And so am I. 

I’ll join you later. 

Archived