Offense at 33?

28 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

Cannot agree with this, not at all.

Nor I...read where Kenny Stills may be on the market soon..

Theyll be others coming soon as well.

We could land a good one without Daltons contract...

Cap numbers and all....

My point is you are not replacing what AJ has been to this franchise in free agency. You need to look for high upside WR talent in the draft and hope it pans out. They are in a position to take that shot in a top heavy WR class at 33 this year.  65 if the right WR slips.  

25 minutes ago, membengal said:

My point is you are not replacing what AJ has been to this franchise in free agency. You need to look for high upside WR talent in the draft and hope it pans out. They are in a position to take that shot in a top heavy WR class at 33 this year.  65 if the right WR slips.  

I see your point....

We have a full roster of receivers this year...thats a good thing..

Worry about next years  on receivers next year..

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I dont see a difference between highly regarded Becton or Isaiah Wilson.

Both massive OTs that are road graders..

Both need coaching up on quicker hand placement..

Where am I wrong?

Becton is more athletic.  Wilson had a slow 20 yard and 3 cone, and Becton was .2 faster in the 40.

47 minutes ago, membengal said:

Nor will anyone you can imagine drafting replace Green.  

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Becton is more athletic.  Wilson had a slow 20 yard and 3 cone, and Becton was .2 faster in the 40.

Jason Im thinking neither of these outrageously massive human beings  are That athletic but ok Becton may have the edge..

High upside WR talent will be available after #33.  It will also be available in next year's draft.  Concerns about the position going forward are legitimate and there's plenty of time and opportunity to prepare for that.  But it's not a major issue this year.  The Bengals don't have the same luxury at other positions and this draft is their only chance to get better now and going forward at those positions.  

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

In a poll of 17 NFL executives by The Athletic's Bob McGinn, Colorado WR Laviska Shenault was voted the likeliest wideout to be a draft bust.

Shenault received eight of the 17 votes, Baylor's Steven Mims got four, and Clemson's Tee Higgins received two to round out the top three in that poll.  Shenault underwent core-muscle surgery in late February after the Combine, and with the COVID-19 pandemic, teams haven't really been able to get their medical eyes on him.  “Mental and injury,” one scout replied when asked why Shenault was his choice to bust. “He’s always been the best guy on his team. You put him in one position and he’s just going to flounder. He’s head and shoulders in the bust factor above everyone else. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a big fall.”  Another scout compared Shenault to Cordarrelle Patterson in terms of his future NFL role.  "Little bit immature but, my God, is he big and powerful,” another scout said.  "He’s a power guy, and those guys play.”

SOURCE: The Athletic

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld commments:

In a poll of 17 NFL executives by The Athletic's Bob McGinn, Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb edged out Alabama's Jerry Jeudy as the top wide receiver prospect in the 2020 draft class.

McGinn has been conducting this series for 36 years now.  He surely has ties to the inside.  Execs were asked to rank the wideouts on a 1-through-6 scale, with first-place votes getting six points, second-place getting five, and so forth.  Lamb accrued 87 points, and Jeudy came in at 86.  While none of those polled view any of the 2020 wideouts in the same light as Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones, everyone considers it to be the deepest class in recent memory.  As for Lamb, scouts are comparing him to Chad Johnson and Anquan Boldin.  "You throw the ball up, he’s coming down with it," one scout said.  “Just a competitive and strong guy,” said another scout. “Almost a Boldin-type of receiver.  I don’t think he’s a superstar.  Lamb kind of maximizes what he has.”  Lamb (6'2/198) is our Hayden Winks' No. 1-ranked wideout.

26 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld commments:

In a poll of 17 NFL executives by The Athletic's Bob McGinn, Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb edged out Alabama's Jerry Jeudy as the top wide receiver prospect in the 2020 draft class.

McGinn has been conducting this series for 36 years now.  He surely has ties to the inside.  Execs were asked to rank the wideouts on a 1-through-6 scale, with first-place votes getting six points, second-place getting five, and so forth.  Lamb accrued 87 points, and Jeudy came in at 86.  While none of those polled view any of the 2020 wideouts in the same light as Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones, everyone considers it to be the deepest class in recent memory.  As for Lamb, scouts are comparing him to Chad Johnson and Anquan Boldin.  "You throw the ball up, he’s coming down with it," one scout said.  “Just a competitive and strong guy,” said another scout. “Almost a Boldin-type of receiver.  I don’t think he’s a superstar.  Lamb kind of maximizes what he has.”  Lamb (6'2/198) is our Hayden Winks' No. 1-ranked wideout.

Chad Johnson and Anquan Bolden were far apart with their abilities and playing styles...

..If Lamb has both their traits he'll be a dangerous weapon... 

Jeudy is just a very fine receiver..

59 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Jason Im thinking neither of these outrageously massive human beings  are That athletic but ok Becton may have the edge..

Becton ran a 5.1 40 at 367.  That's pretty incredible.

Thought I'd check Walter Football's player visits report on the Bengals, and as it turned out, they did meet with Muti at the combine.

Here is the current list:

Cincinnati Bengals
Joe Burrow^, QB, LSU (COM, VIR)
Cameron Clark, OT, Charlotte (VIR)
Troy Dye, ILB, Oregon (COM)
Nate Evans, ILB, Central Florida (VIR)
Alohi Gilman, S, Notre Dame (VIR)
Azur Kamara, DL, Kansas (VIR)
Mason Kinsey, WR, Berry (EW)
James Lynch, DE, Baylor (COM)
Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (VIR)
Netane Muti, G, Fresno State (COM)
Troy Pride Jr., CB, Notre Dame (COM)
Patrick Queen, LB, LSU (COM)
Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech (COM)
Isaiah Rodgers, CB, Massachusetts (VIR)
Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (COM)
Evan Weaver^, ILB, California (PRI, VIR)
Robert Windsor, DT/3-4DE, Penn State (VIR)
Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota (VIR)

Muti is my choice for their 2nd pick.  They might be able to trade down a little and still get him., but I wouldn't tame the chance of more than two or three spots.  Five spots makes it risky, but they could get an offer from there, too.

8 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

Muti is my choice for their 2nd pick.  They might be able to trade down a little and still get him., but I wouldn't tame the chance of more than two or three spots.  Five spots makes it risky, but they could get an offer from there, too.

Muti has a lengthy injury history and certainly won't go in the 2nd round. He's a day 3 pick for somebody. I'd rather have several other guards than Muti. 

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Muti has a lengthy injury history and certainly won't go in the 2nd round. He's a day 3 pick for somebody. I'd rather have several other guards than Muti. 

Plus his length is in the red flag zone..

31 inch arms...same ad Billy Price...

Not good....

Archived