Covid-19

bfine

They just cancelled LTL here in Louisville. A big concert series that is not until September.  

I see no football this year. 70 guys + coaches on one sideline at Commonwealth or Cardinal stadium and king Andy won't have it.  Let alone any fans. 

My employer just started enforcing us to wear masks. After surviving 8 weeks of pandemic working with 6k people and not one person getting sick our reward is that now we have to strap a cloth over our breathing passage ways.  

I fought it. Started packing up my locker and everything. Said i would not comply. They called me into HR and told me that they wouldn't fire me if i refused but that i wouldn't be allowed to work. They would give me a leave of absence and i could file for unemployment.

In the end i decided to just suck it up and wear the dam mask.  Its awful. Its already 85 degrees in there. Summer time it gets up to 102 103 in there. The mask just catches my sweat and sits there wet. Feel im more at danger with the dam mask.  Yall know how humid it gets in the ohio valley. 

They are opening things up here (in phases).  We still don't know if schools are going to re-open or not.  My wife an I have been 'teleworking' and I think things have been going well.  Not sure how things are going to work going forward, but discussions about both of us returning to work will happen tomorrow.

On 4/27/2020 at 2:10 AM, Catfish Bob said:

My employer just started enforcing us to wear masks. After surviving 8 weeks of pandemic working with 6k people and not one person getting sick our reward is that now we have to strap a cloth over our breathing passage ways.  

I fought it. Started packing up my locker and everything. Said i would not comply. They called me into HR and told me that they wouldn't fire me if i refused but that i wouldn't be allowed to work. They would give me a leave of absence and i could file for unemployment.

In the end i decided to just suck it up and wear the dam mask.  Its awful. Its already 85 degrees in there. Summer time it gets up to 102 103 in there. The mask just catches my sweat and sits there wet. Feel im more at danger with the dam mask.  Yall know how humid it gets in the ohio valley. 

My employer did the same thing, but your work conditions and mine are different.  

There are not many people where I work right now. 

On 4/27/2020 at 10:38 AM, Montana Bengal said:

They are opening things up here (in phases).  We still don't know if schools are going to re-open or not.  My wife an I have been 'teleworking' and I think things have been going well.  Not sure how things are going to work going forward, but discussions about both of us returning to work will happen tomorrow.

Id have followed you each step..

Handled that well..

And a i would have relented as well to keep my family with theirre needs..

You did good..

21 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Id have followed you each step..

Handled that well..

And a i would have relented as well to keep my family with theirre needs..

You did good..

Good news is that my job will be opening slower.  My boss said my team would likely be the last that would be asked to return to on site work.  We do most things online anyway. They will be flexible with most families and childcare needs. Wife’s boss said she may have to be on site basically for a day every 2-3 weeks.  No one wants to return at this point and many think it isn’t too soon.  They will have very few people in the buildings and basically one entrance with wipes and sanitizers.

Many schools in the state have decided to finish the rest of the year remotely...my daughter’s will be determined tomorrow morning.  I am 99% sure they will follow suit.  We have relied heavily on day camps for summer care.  I can’t  imagine we’ll be doing that this year.

I do feel bad for kids that don’t have great home situations where school is a break.

On a side note I have been making a ton of progress on some house projects.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dallas-salon-owner-sentenced-week-jail-reopening-businesses/story?id=70532233

A Dallas salon owner who repeatedly defied orders to shut down her business in compliance with state coronavirus executive orders was sentenced to a week in jail Tuesday.

Dallas Civil District Judge Eric Moyé criticized Shelly Luther for keeping her business, Salon a la Mode, open last week despite a citation, a cease and desist letter and a restraining order. During the hearing, Luther admitted that her business was still open partially, and the judge scolded her for blatantly disobeying the law meant to protect residents.

"The rule of law governs us. People cannot take it upon themselves to determine what they will and will not do," he said during the hearing.

• 5 months later...

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/10/29/929110650/remote-marshall-islands-record-first-coronavirus-cases

The Marshall Islands, a group of volcanic islands and atolls in the Pacific, closed its borders in March to fend off the coronavirus.

At the time, the government said the islands were already dealing with outbreaks of Dengue Fever and an "Influenza-like-Illness."

"A single-case of COVID-19 would be catastrophic to the health system," the government said at the time.

On Wednesday, the government announced that two workers arriving from the U.S. tested positive for the coronavirus at a U.S. military base on Kwajalein Atoll. The two cases ended The Marshalls' run as one of the few nations in the world with zero known coronavirus cases.

On 10/28/2020 at 9:42 PM, fluhartz said:

fake news.. amiright? 

people are fucking stupid 

We literally have had our highest infection rate count beat two times in the past two weeks.

It amazes me that people make this political.

Science doesnt care about who you vote for.

16 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

We literally have had our highest infection rate count beat two times in the past two weeks.

It amazes me that people make this political.

Science doesnt care about who you vote for.

I agree.. but with all the misinformation put out there (mainly by the head dumbass) that's the way it goes. People are going to continue to not protect themselves and others.. it's sad how people can't even be bothered to wear a mask 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Vaccines seem to be working against this Delta Variant however this thing is 50 percent more transmissible than the original viral strain.

Next we don't have enough data to know if it is more deadly yet. -

"A study in Scotland, published in the Lancet, found the hospitalization rate of patients with that variant was about 85 percent higher than that of people with the Alpha variant. But because of the time lag between hospitalizations and deaths, there is not enough data to say whether or not Delta is more deadly than other variants."

Finally the vaccine appears to be working and even more so if you get both doses.

"A preprint study by Public Health England found that two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine were 96 percent and 92 percent effective, respectively, at preventing hospitalization in people infected with Delta That result is comparable to the level of protection seen against other variants. Meanwhile a single dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine was only 71 percent effective against hospitalization caused by Delta (a single dose of Pfizer was still 94 percent effective), and one shot of either vaccine was only about 33.5 percent effective against symptomatic COVID from that variant, highlighting the importance of getting both doses."

Please if you have not been vaccinated yet, go do so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been fully vaccinated since spring.  After that I had a final exam from my family doctor who was retiring a few months later.

I asked if they wanted to copy my Proof of Vaccine card for their records.  They said no.  I really did not think that much about it since it was a one doctor practice and was closing.  Since he was retiring I switched to the same multi doctor firm that my wife goes to.

So a month ago I went in for my first visit with my new doctor.  Of course I had to fill out all the new patient forms and paperwork.  When I returned them to the front desk I asked the same question about them making a copy of my Proof card and they said they have not been asked to copy those so no.

Today I had a yearly followup with my cardiologist.  When I checked in I asked them if they want to copy my card.  I received the same answer...we have not been asked to record that info.

I do find it a little strange about the current demanding of Covid vaccination from business, work, etc and showing proof to be able to do this or that and the actual medical community doesnt want to keep any records of getting the Jab?  

It probably depends on where you are.  I took my daughter to a dental cleaning yesterday and they did note information about her first shot, asked if there were any side affects, etc.  They are all vaccinated in their office, but we are being extra cautious with the new kid so we were wearing masks.  She automatically put on her mask as soon as she found out my wife was pregnant.   It will be interesting when my wife is in labor and how they approach things. 

Still not super happy about how work has handled a range of things.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:00 PM, Montana Bengal said:

It probably depends on where you are.  I took my daughter to a dental cleaning yesterday and they did note information about her first shot, asked if there were any side effects, etc.  They are all vaccinated in their office, but we are being extra cautious with the new kid so we were wearing masks.  She automatically put on her mask as soon as she found out my wife was pregnant.   It will be interesting when my wife is in labor and how they approach things. 

Still not super happy about how work has handled a range of things.

I have been to a few docs in recent months and one of them, after I was taken to the private room, asked if I was vacced or not.  I have been double vacced since the end of January, which was my response.  At that point, he told me I could take my mask off.  

Archived