WFT preseason game

I watched the Bengals broadcast. Munoz was missing for covid reasons so I hope he's ok. Brian Baldinger filled in and was terrible with player names but he probably didn't have any prep time.

The offense looked pretty impotent. Bengals need a better backup QB than Brandon Allen. The defense looked pretty good and vastly better than last year. 

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

Sure thing, chump 👍

What anyone should be worried about is that Joe Burrow is not even played a down and if they throw him into the Fire on week one, then I think you are going to panic some more, Chump!  Notice Brady is playing having almost the somewhat same type of surgery.  

23 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-preseason-week-1-rookie-grades-justin-fields-outshines-trevor-lawrence-

the words pretty good means what to you?  😂 perfect? 😂 even your pff graded him second best Detroit OLman for the first game. 

I'm not sure I'd take 2nd best on Detroit line as evidence that he was "pretty good". Even your article here says he got off to a rough start. Kid is playing like a rookie, as is to be expected.

Me thinks you're I wanted Sewell over Chase bias may be showing.

17 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/criticism-of-penei-sewell-unfair

oh look this guy is making the same excuses you guys are for Chase so I guess I have to go with his advice too in the same manner you guys are doing, right?  I am not posting anymore.  There are too many.  😂 

Who's making excuses? Chase should have caught 2 of the 3 attempts thrown to him. 

I'm just not ready to jump all over it after one game to try to prove that "we should have taken Sewell"

It looks foolish.

Also posting from a pro-lions site is about equal to posting something from Hobson, so there's that. :lol:

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm not sure I'd take 2nd best on Detroit line as evidence that he was "pretty good". Even your article here says he got off to a rough start. Kid is playing like a rookie, as is to be expected.

And vice versa....

PFF is a fan based site.  They matter little to NFL teams.  PFF doesn't know what the player was supposed to do prior to each play.  They just assume.  It's fun, but is by no means an authority. 

7 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

And vice versa....

PFF is a fan based site.  They matter little to NFL teams.  PFF doesn't know what the player was supposed to do prior to each play.  They just assume.  It's fun, but is by no means an authority. 

Not really. I would have been happy with either guy and think both will end up being good pros. 

It's just really clear what's going on in these posts. 

17 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Not really. I would have been happy with either guy and think both will end up being good pros. 

It's just really clear what's going on in these posts. 

You are biased just like everyone else.  

You only complain about those who preferred a lineman. 

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

The 5th pick in the draft isn’t supposed to play like a rookie.  I think the real issue is the guy hasn’t played in a real football game since Jan 2020 or 20 months.  

11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The 5th pick in the draft isn’t supposed to play like a rookie.  I think the real issue is the guy hasn’t played in a real football game since Jan 2020 or 20 months.  

AJ Green was the 4th overall pick, 

here is the stat line from his 2nd ever preseason game

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/310821020

You'll notice Andy threw to him and got intercepted, otherwise he had one catch for 8 yards and every other pass thrown to him was incomplete.

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Now imagine that’s Joe Burrow.

It wasn’t about Sewell vs. Chase it was about the priority of OL vs. skill players.  Hoping the Bengals OL holds up.  Both Chase and Sewell are struggling after a year off football. Unusual situation….in retrospect it shouldn’t be surprising.  

49 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

It wasn’t about Sewell vs. Chase it was about the priority of OL vs. skill players.  Hoping the Bengals OL holds up.  Both Chase and Sewell are struggling after a year off football. Unusual situation….in retrospect it shouldn’t be surprising.  

They had just used a top 12 pick on a tackle and then spent good money on Reiff. Guard was what they needed most and I was preaching Rashawn Slater to anyone that would listen…but, let’s see what shakes out between Chase, Carman and D’Ante Smith. I’m willing to bet it works out in our favor. 

9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

AJ Green was the 4th overall pick, 

here is the stat line from his 2nd ever preseason game

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/310821020

You'll notice Andy threw to him and got intercepted, otherwise he had one catch for 8 yards and every other pass thrown to him was incomplete.

How many drops did Green have?  That is the issue. 

45 minutes ago, SF2 said:

How many drops did Green have?  That is the issue. 

Didn't say Chase shouldn't catch at least 2 of the 3 he was targeted. I said he was playing like a rookie, much in the way Green did his 2nd pre-season game ever. Let's not move the goal post here.

10 hours ago, spicoli said:

They had just used a top 12 pick on a tackle and then spent good money on Reiff. Guard was what they needed most and I was preaching Rashawn Slater to anyone that would listen…but, let’s see what shakes out between Chase, Carman and D’Ante Smith. I’m willing to bet it works out in our favor. 

At least the didn't trade down and take Leatherwoody.

11 hours ago, spicoli said:

Now imagine that’s Joe Burrow.

11 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

***** Not to get into the PFF pissing contest but here's PFF's grade on Sewell for that game

I'm going with Chase has rust and its more in his head than his hands.

Joe should throw a couple gimmes to him, maybe Sunday at PBS, go get

his confidence back.

Chase was the right choice with the pick.

12 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

You are biased just like everyone else.  

You only complain about those who preferred a lineman. 

You should go look at who I picked in Jason's draft pick contest. ;)

And folks can prefer who they prefer, but attempting to rewrite how a player actually did, in order to justify their biases is wholly dishonest, and agenda driven. 

Archived