Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ It feels like the orange jersey is an afterthought now with White Bengal, which is unfortunate, as it's the only one that matches the main helmet.

I guess the question becomes, is it better to keep the orange or replace it with a retro? 

Have the same feeling. I know the orange jersey is often times a point of contention, but the orange jersey over black pants is quite possibly their best look in my opinion!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ I personally would have liked to see the 2nd White Bengal game in Kansas City, and the Orange against Buffalo ... (feels like wasting them on Jags and Squeelers)

Jaggs and Rams.

For the Jaggs I agree, but for the Rams it's the same night as the ring of honor ceremony, having the entire stadium dressed in all white during that is kind of classy imho

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

For the Jaggs I agree, but for the Rams 

I meant the 2nd white is wasted on the Jags, and the only orange is wasted on the Squeelers. 

I am ok with the White Bengal against the Rams. To me that's one of the 3 marquee games of the year (SB revenge). Alongside the Chiefs and Bills. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I meant the 2nd white is wasted on the Jags, and the only orange is wasted on the Squeelers. 

I am ok with the White Bengal against the Rams. To me that's one of the 3 marquee games of the year (SB revenge). Alongside the Chiefs and Bills. 

Ah got ya.

Yeah I agree

I know some of you don’t like Jason Williams, but today he writes about the upcoming lease negotiations. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/columnists/jason-williams/2023/08/09/what-cincinnati-zoo-tax-rejection-could-mean-for-nfl-bengals-paycor-stadium-talks-column/70560106007/

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

the upcoming lease negotiations. 

IMG_20230810_184801.jpg

... That's a terrible idea. The Bengals have options and there are other cities that would gladly give them whatever they want.

NFL franchises are so coveted that it comes down to --> "Do you want to pay for the luxury of having one? No, ok then someone else will." 

• Upvote 2

On 8/8/2023 at 5:34 PM, BlackJesus said:

... If all of this was just taking out the color rush jersey and not adding anything at all (even next year) ---> Then I'm not sure that's a win. 

So does this new "ruling" mean they will wear the white helmets with the White Tiger and Primary White jerseys?

7 minutes ago, MOC said:

So does this new "ruling" mean they will wear the white helmets with the White Tiger and Primary White jerseys?

Yes. But for only 2 games. Both Monday nights, Rams and Jags. 

The NFL allows you to deviate from your usual uniform 3 times a season and have 4 jerseys total. The Bengals are doing 2 white tiger games and one orange jersey game. 

They essentially eliminated their retro jersey and added nothing --- as now the primary white is counted as both the 2nd jersey (with orange helmet) and the 4th jersey when it goes with the white helmet. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Yes. But I but for only 2 games. Both Monday nights, Rams and Jags. 

The NFL allows you to deviate from your usual uniform 3 times a season and have 4 jerseys total. The Bengals are doing 2 white tiger games and one orange jersey game. 

They essentially eliminated their retro jersey and added nothing --- as now the primary white is counted as both the 2nd jersey (with orange helmet) and the 4th jersey when it goes with the white helmet. 

:049:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20230810_184801.jpg

... That's a terrible idea. The Bengals have options and there are other cities that would gladly give them whatever they want.

NFL franchises are so coveted that it comes down to --> "Do you want to pay for the luxury of having one? No, ok then someone else will." 

I would venture to guess that's how the Cincinnati Royals became the Kanss City Kings then the Sacramento Kings

• Upvote 1