Keeping our enemies close: 2023

12 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

On one of Mahome's rollout scrambles, a Jets DB had him lined up and was running 100 mph - Collingsworth in his normal knob gobbling said Mahomoe's moved a bit and the guy missed - but to me the guy was afraid to paste Mahomes because he probably would have been called and fined and suspended etc. 

I saw that play, It looked like the guy was added in CGI lol. He could have pasted him 

Wow.  The Chiefs needed the refs help to beat the Jets.

Gotta say the Taylor Swift clown show is a major distraction and taking its toll.

How many of the ass hats in the booth with her ever saw a football game or at

least this season.

Overlooked fact was Zach Wilson's mother's best friend was in the Jet's booth.

• Upvote 1

This is not only an NFL slanting issue, it has been spreading to basically every major professional sport—even in European soccer.

I will submit that it is not as simple as the universal referee(s) incompetence. It would be illogical to conclude that many worldwide officials are that collectively bad at the same time. 

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

This is not only an NFL slanting issue, it has been spreading to basically every major professional sport—even in European soccer.

I will submit that it is not as simple as the collective referee(s) incompetence. It would be illogical to conclude that many worldwide officials are that collectively bad at the same time. 

Every league has the same issues BUT the players from every league just ask for consistency so they can manage the game around that. That is always the biggest issue, not whether or not the refs call a ticky-tacky penalty but that they call it the same way all game and every game. 

35 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Every league has the same issues BUT the players from every league just ask for consistency so they can manage the game around that. That is always the biggest issue, not whether or not the refs call a ticky-tacky penalty but that they call it the same way all game and every game. 

In the old world of sports—especially such as the NHL—it was understood that officials would swallow their whistles in the 3rd Period if the scores were close. Only a total 1st Degree assault would be called. Now—much like the rest of professional sports—they will call anything/anytime in the 3rd…even if it gives a power play in the last two minutes. That never happened not that many years ago. 

The only consistency anymore, is that calls will be made at key times of any contest—especially the important games. 

18 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

In the old world of sports—especially such as the NHL—it was understood that officials would swallow their whistles in the 3rd Period if the scores were close. Only a total 1st Degree assault would be called. Now—much like the rest of professional sports—they will call anything/anytime in the 3rd…even if it gives a power play in the last two minutes. That never happened not that many years ago. 

The only consistency anymore, is that calls will be made at key times of any contest—especially the important games. 

And yet people will continue to insist that there’s a such thing as integrity in these leagues. They’ll believe calls at critical times are simply referee error and take their frustrations out on refs, without realizing the big picture. 

Here’s a clue for the brain dead: Any billion dollar industry will have “interference”.

• Upvote 2