4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

The organization is pushing way too hard with him.  Just let him play football, he doesn't need to be Superman or cure cancer. It's like they're in full damage control spin mode over what turned out to be nothing.

Suspect the whole unresolved Nerf War incident may have them shook.  That one's not just some road rage accusation, a kid actually got shot.  Felonious brother in law blasting away in Joe's back yard with an AK he should've never had access to is going to be a lot harder to excuse.  Said it before but even without any legal consequences it raises the question of WTF made them react that way.  

Either way I think they'd be better off not putting the spotlight on him right now.

Agree about the spotlight, but if the press asks to talk to Mixon the Bengals or Mixon can't say no over and over again. 

Also, I don't think there will be any "legal" consequences for Mixon over the shooting unless discovery finds some new evidence.  There definitely will be financial consequences. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Agree about the spotlight, but if the press asks to talk to Mixon the Bengals or Mixon can't say no over and over again. 

Yeah let him talk about football then, they don't need to go all in with the "Wow what a super-great guy and definitely not mixed up in anything shady on his way to delivering toys to orphans heh heh" stuff.   They're doing too much.

I still don't like the guy at all.  Sorry if you agree to disagree.

Won't happen but I would like to see the Bengals trade Jackson Carman to KC

for Clyde Edwards-Helaire.  Both seem to be underachieving and on the bubble to one

degree or another, probably both let go when their contracts run out but why not give

them both a fresh start with a new team for a year?  Edwards-Helaire back with Joe and

Ja'Marr would probably motivate him a lot more.

No :ninja:, btw.

Chris Evans to practice squad and see how things sort themselves out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

for Clyde Edwards-Helaire.  Both seem to be underachieving and on the bubble to one

degree or another, probably both let go when their contracts run out but why not give

them both a fresh start with a new team for a year?  Edwards-Helaire back with Joe and

If we trade Carmen he'll be an all pro especially to the chiefs no thanks

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

You want to put what's supposedly our best blocking RB on the PS and trade away the only halfway capable backup LT?

I think Mixon is a head case and probably washed too but I can't agree with that plan.

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

You want to put what's supposedly our best blocking RB on the PS and trade away the only halfway capable backup LT?

I think Mixon is a head case and probably washed too but I can't agree with that plan.

The organization seems to love the guy.

Could be a smokescreen but doubt it.

I

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Could be a smokescreen but doubt it.

I

All good so long as he plays like the RB1 & stays out of trouble. We'll see how much they love Smiley Joe when another back starts to outperform him.

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

... Although Zac was a Husker as a player, he grew up in Oklahoma as a Sooners fan and I think that may cloud his appreciation for Mixon. He also likes to bring in Sooners (Perine, OBJ Jr etc).