15 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I doubt they have evidence that shows a gun or that would have been made public by now...you would think. 

I'm surprised the prosecutors even took this case, isn't there something more important to do than settle an argument between 2 angry drivers? If Mixon wasn't famous do you think this would be at trial?

Unless there is some sort of video evidence of Joe with a gun, I would think this is all he said she said and would ve dismissed. 

If they don't have that I feel like it's irresponsible for the cops and DA to even bring this to court. Joe's reputation could be damaged.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Is the defense contending he wasn’t there? There was no contact between the parties? A bit confused here. 

Confused as well, pivoting over to his mere presence seems a little strange at this point in the game?

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I doubt they have evidence that shows a gun or that would have been made public by now...you would think. 

I'm surprised the prosecutors even took this case, isn't there something more important to do than settle an argument between 2 angry drivers? If Mixon wasn't famous do you think this would be at trial?

Wow, really?  I don't know where you live, but here is Cincinnati there has been a rash of people getting shot and killed over stupid little shit...even stupider than 2 angry drivers.  Gun violence has gotten waaaaayyyyyyyy out of hand.  People used to give others the finger, or shove eachother, or maybe even punch eachother over stupid shit...now people are pulling out their 9's from their waistband and capping eachother.  I'm just saying it's a huge point of concern, emphasis, and action around here lately.  Things need to change IMHO, and a high profile case like this is only going to draw more attention.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

If she had a partial license plate or description of the car and it fits Mixon, then it's really just a question of whether it was Mixon driving his car near the stadium just before the team left for a game. Witness testimony decides lots of cases and the judge as trier of fact is free to believe or disbelieve whomever he wishes. 

It's possible there would be video evidence but I wouldn't expect it if the gun was inside the car the whole time. 

There was a similar case here in Columbus some years back with former OSU basketball star and then-NBA player Jimmy Jackson accused of pointing a gun at some kids in another car. I think he was acquitted.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

Is Mixon actually contending he was never there

I thought his defense before was "she started it"... Now it's shifted to "That wasn't even me?"

God bless America. 

Ah the tangles he weaves .

Still thinking the backfield of 

Mixon- Williams and Brown will

be the rotation for start of season. 

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Ah the tangles he weaves .

Still thinking the backfield of 

Mixon- Williams and Brown will

be the rotation for start of season. 

Hello....have you never heard of CHRIS FUCKING EVANS!!!! UHH..... WELL HAVE YOU!!!.....HOLY SHIT...THE DISRESPECT IS UNREAL!!!

He was once a favorite to fuck Kim Kardashian after she split from her latest victim...I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW

:ninja:

3 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Wow, really?  I don't know where you live, but here is Cincinnati there has been a rash of people getting shot and killed over stupid little shit...even stupider than 2 angry drivers.  Gun violence has gotten waaaaayyyyyyyy out of hand.  People used to give others the finger, or shove eachother, or maybe even punch eachother over stupid shit...now people are pulling out their 9's from their waistband and capping eachother.  I'm just saying it's a huge point of concern, emphasis, and action around here lately.  Things need to change IMHO, and a high profile case like this is only going to draw more attention.

So law enforcement is going to get tough on crime starting with Mixon, that makes sense...this isn't the case to do that with. Gun violence has been out of hand, way before some goofy redneck got road rage and flipped off Joe Mixon. So you think the prosecutor is trying to make a name and an example out of Mixon for some attention as well..

now people are pulling out their 9's from their waistband and capping eachother. 

Is that how it's happening...are they holding the gun sideways while their pants are sagging...

50 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

Ever met a Professor Shalonda or Judge Shalonda? People have got to stop with these names…I bet she refers to herself as a ‘queen’ lol. 

And this is when it turned racist...u Cincinnati hilljacks never disappoint.....WTF are you even talking about?

https://www.claytoncountyga.gov/government/courts/state-court/judge-shalonda-jones-parker/

https://nursing.utexas.edu/faculty/shalonda-e-horton

https://www.energy.gov/person/shalanda-h-baker

A few Shalonda's that are doing just fine. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Is the defense contending he wasn’t there? There was no contact between the parties? A bit confused here. 

I think the defense is saying that the police stacked the deck against Mixon by putting his picture as the only one that fit the description in the line up. They could have put put 5 guys with long hair and Mixon was the only one with short hair..if the description is a short haired guy then yeah, Mixon is going to be the one that gets ID. It isn't exactly non-biased police work and it conflicts against the witness testimony that she didn't know who Mixon was.

Fucking idiots, now I see why the cop who did this was disciplined...what a shit show. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I think the defense is saying that the police stacked the deck against Mixon by putting his picture as the only one that fit the description in the line up. They could have put put 5 guys with long hair and Mixon was the only one with short hair..if the description is a short haired guy then yeah, Mixon is going to be the one that gets ID. It isn't exactly non-biased police work and it conflicts against the witness testimony that she didn't know who Mixon was.

Fucking idiots, now I see why the cop who did this was disciplined...what a shit show. 

As Devil’s advocate, one could say: where is your evidence that my client was even at the scene? If your “investigation” cannot put body to scene in conclusive fashion, then trying to go reasonable doubt, is just that: doubt. Not guilty. 

The defense could be in a great position here. Joe is not obligated to say a word—not one word. He doesn’t have to say he had a weapon…that he had a confrontation…that he was anywhere near the scene. That they are engaging in the sleight of hand of lineups…who called who nasty names….any of it. Why? Stick to an evidentiary path of “don’t know a thing about it”, and leave it at that.

Without concrete evidence he was at the scene…in possession of a weapon…AND making direct or implied threats…he skates tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

This is pretty open and shut for me. If there is video evidence of Joe with a gun pointing it at her. Guilty. If there is no video it's he said she said, acquittal 

It may not be as open/shut as that. No video has been produced afaik. Put him at the scene—with a weapon—and then it’s up to her to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was under the threat of physical harm. Joe doesn’t have to testify—but his defense still has to respond to the direct testimony. 

The fact that the judge will render a verdict tomorrow is a good sign for Joe. Probable acquittal 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

It may not be as open/shut as that. No video has been produced afaik. Put him at the scene—with a weapon—and then it’s up to her to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was under the threat of physical harm. Joe doesn’t have to testify—but his defense still has to respond to the direct testimony. 

The fact that the judge will render a verdict tomorrow is a good sign for Joe. Probable acquittal 

I'm thinking about at the scene, some sort of confrontation but no evidence of a gun.

Her word against his.

Does "popping her in the face" mean punching her (still a treat) or shooting her?

Established it was Mixon's car but who was driving it if not Joe?

As Sois says, "Today's the Day". (or was that Scharm?