Bengals Training Camp and Pre-season Thread -News and Obs - 2023

From the Columbus Dispatch, not Cincinnati Media

Re Drue Chrisman...

"Drue had a medical situation this morning," Taylor said Wednesday. "He's been great, we've communicated with him today. He's with some doctors right now. I don't want to get too much into it without having all of the information, but the good thing is with the situation, people took care of him quickly, he's been responsive, he's been talking to us, he's been in great spirits, and we'll get more information."

Thank you to everyone who has reached out. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Everything looking to be okay and hopefully back soon

image.thumb.png.28b33e7daadaf875191e3d72e39a0a7d.png

He's still in the hospital.

Don't bash the kid.  I know he has been beaten out but I would like to see him

on the practice squad just in case.

If someone would sign him off of it, good for him and have a nice and well paid career.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

From the Columbus Dispatch, not Cincinnati Media

Re Drue Chrisman...

"Drue had a medical situation this morning," Taylor said Wednesday. "He's been great, we've communicated with him today. He's with some doctors right now. I don't want to get too much into it without having all of the information, but the good thing is with the situation, people took care of him quickly, he's been responsive, he's been talking to us, he's been in great spirits, and we'll get more information."

Thank you to everyone who has reached out. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Everything looking to be okay and hopefully back soon

image.thumb.png.28b33e7daadaf875191e3d72e39a0a7d.png

Looking at the scrape on his forehead and the blood on the pillow... wonder if that has anything to do with his medical emergency...

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I don't think that's much of an incentive considering he will be getting a raise that'll make $4.5m look like peanuts. I'm sure the team would be just fine with paying the bonus and keeping him on his rookie salary.

Disagtee.

Katy wants to lock up the deal asap.

Shows Burrow and the team they are fully committed to keeping him.

Should happen asap with Tee soon behind.

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

^ It would be a small consolation if these increased reps can reveal to the Bengals that Browning can be their backup QB.

Something they might not have realized otherwise with him getting very little work. 

Trevor Simeon is a reliable backup .

Browning is a decent option 3.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Trevor is a career backup with 7 teams in 8 years, but Browning has a decent pedigree and may have some untapped potential if given a chance. 

Browning was the nationwide Gatorade Player of the year as a Junior and Senior in High School and set a record for most TD passes ever for a HS QB his senior year with 91 (in one season). 

Browning clearly has some juice to his game. Whereas I think Siemian is more a game manager. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Keep in mind the new rule change where teams can dress a 3rd QB on game day without it counting against the active limit without as long as he is on the 53 man roster. We all hope Burrow's calf strain doesn't reoccur during the season, but a calf can be even trickier than a hamstring. If both Siemian and Browning look capable in the preseason, why not just keep them both on the 53 man roster instead of, say, a 4th RB who would just be a healthy inactive on game days anyway? You can pick up a RB off the street anywhere. But if you lose either Siemian or Browning to another team and then Burrow gets hurt, you have a big problem on your hands.

• Like 1