Should Burrow rest calf vs Ravens? (to protect achilles)

Burrow's Calf  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Burrow sit out vs the Ravens to rest his calf and prevent an achilles injury?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Could the Bengals still make the playoffs if they start 0-2?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would the Bengals beat the Ravens with Browning at QB?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would the Bengals beat the Ravens with Grier at QB?

• Yes
    • No

So many things I’d like to say in this thread, that I unfortunately cannot. 

What I can say however, is that calf issues and Achilles issues are almost always related. The fascia of the calf muscles is what leads/forms (in)to the Achilles tendon. If there’s tightness in the calf, the Achilles will likely be effected directly or indirectly. Almost always.

Tendonitis in Achilles as the primary issue is easy to diagnose and would not be confused with a calf strain. Whatsoever. You have to remember these organizations hire extremely competent physicians. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

What I can say however, is that calf issues and Achilles issues are almost always related. The fascia of the calf muscles is what leads/forms (in)to the Achilles tendon. If there’s tightness in the calf, the Achilles will likely be effected directly or indirectly. Almost always.

Tendonitis in Achilles as the primary issue is easy to diagnose and would not be confused with a calf strain. Whatsoever. You have to remember these organizations hire extremely competent physicians. 

Yep

What is The Relationship Between Your Calf Muscle And Achilles Tendon? |  Respire Physical Therapy

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

Then why would. competent physician

sign off to let him play in the rain and a shit field??

Just asking..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Then why would. competent physician

sign off to let him play in the rain and a shit field??

Just asking..

This is a silly post on several levels, I’ll refrain from my usual ways and simply move on….

What amazes me is there are 2 people who “liked” that post. 

• Upvote 1

I hope the question joe answered for players on turf vs grass is not some foreshadowing of an event yet to occur. I watch joe throw he is not syncing down throwing from his back foot. He is kinda transferring his weight middle. Then forward not all way back to front. Just my observations and I did hear him say today he is working thru scrambling. I rest him till he ready but it’s go time he can rest off-season. I hope it doesn’t lead to some other thing but it’s football go play and don’t play scared. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Burrow is a warrior, so he will want to play regardless. Because of that asking him if he's "good to go?" doesn't do any good. He will always say yes. 

flesh.jpg

So it's really up to the training staff to assess if there is ANY increased risk, like AT ALL.

Because the entire season and the hopes of a millions of Bengals fans rests on their calculation.

A warrior that you want to bubble wrap.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BengalsFREAK said:

A warrior that you want to bubble wrap. 

A warrior that I want to protect and preserve for the games and parts of the year that matter most towards winning a championship.

The season is a long marathon and he is the one indispensable piece that is required for all the team's goals. He cannot be replaced, so you have to be extra cautious. 

And it's not "bubble wrapping" to hold your quarter billion dollar Hall of Fame QB out of an early season game as long as he still has a sore calf and is unsure if he can even fully scramble. That's just called common sense. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

A warrior that I want to protect and preserve for the games and parts of the year that matter most towards winning a championship.

The season is a long marathon and he is the one indispensable piece that is required for all the team's goals. He cannot be replaced, so you have to be extra cautious. 

And it's not "bubble wrapping" to hold your quarter billion dollar Hall of Fame QB out of an early season game as long as he still has a sore calf and is unsure if he can even fully scramble. That's just called common sense. 

Agree here he didn't look comfortable the other day and If he's still not 100% he shouldn't play

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I will repeat what I said earlier in this thread...

If he’s the best option for this team, then he should play.  If he’s still too hurt to use his legs to get away from a defender, then you sit him.

He could be perfectly healthy and still suffer a season or career ending injury at any time on any given play.  Trying to outsmart bad luck is senseless. 

34 minutes ago, BengalsFREAK said:

If he’s the best option for this team, then he should play.

Not sure that's the best criteria, as even a Burrow at 50% on one leg is better than Browning. He's always the best option to win, even blindfolded. 

But "We're feeling it out" is not the answer I want if the season is being put on the line. I want, "I'm 100% and my calf feels just like it did before the injury". And he hasn't said that yet. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1