Rams Week And A Day

5 hours ago, GoBengals said:

yes please.

he should, short sleeve dress shirts are a lost art. my grandpa used to wear them, i love mike brown.

fuck aaron donald

good good

i think(hope) we are all being too harsh on Irv, i feel as if he can have a CJ U type season, perhaps the combo of jo limited and him new to everything is holding it back. he should be better than he has been at least.

im a fan. AJ2JC 

i dont think AJ fits that mold, he was a backup and wasnt here a super long time. so he wasnt ingrained in the old anything really. but who knows.

he is a fucking liar.

"He's a fuckin liar" .lol..

It's coach talk for.. he sucks but gotta 

make an attempt to boost his confidence..😎

23 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Callahan does 90% of the weekly gameplan, and install with the position coaches, everything that allows zac to be on the same page and call plays, callahan gives a few options and reasons and zac makes a call on gamedays, which is why we are s slight bit slow getting plays in sometimes, we have that extra step that very few teams have.

Curious to hear what other people think of that game planning. My impression is that the team rarely hits the ground running and dominates. Feel like I've seen a lot more sputtering and slow starts, often digging a hole until Joe & the WR's beast out and carry the team to a win.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Curious to hear what other people think of that game planning. My impression is that the team rarely hits the ground running and dominates. Feel like I've seen a lot more sputtering and slow starts, often digging a hole until Joe & the WR's beast out and carry the team to a win.

well the problem i think is that we are starting the season in preseason mode every year, and also in dont get joe murdered mode, so we absolutely seem to be playing safe, and this year more so with trying to keep quik safe throws for joe.

so even after 3 years, the gameplan has been hampered, but looking back at the vikings and steelers and such, seemed like we came out BLAZING in a few games back then, so i think the sluggish starts MAY be more environmental than poor planning.

which is a tough thing to not really know 3-4 years into a coaching staff.

i will say i dont care for the WAY they slow start, id prefer some dump passes to the TE and RB, some middle stuff to boyd, etc.. or even go heavy, extra lineman and run mixon with power runs.

its like they are trying to keep the gunner mentality but in a eggshell, which doesnt seem to be ideal for anyone.

• Upvote 2

Cincinnati Bengals Final Injury Report: An Ominous Joe Burrow Update

Cincinnati Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said the team still has more than 48 hours to figure out whether Joe Burrow can play against the Rams.

September 23, 2023 | 2:50 PM EDT

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow is listed as “questionable” on the final injury report with his calf injury, and all head coach Zac Taylor would offer on the chances of Burrow playing Monday against the Rams was yet another “we’ll see.”

But Burrow’s teammates expect him to be inactive, per a league source.

What Are the Bengals Saying About Joe Burrow’s Status?

Despite those expectations, the Bengals will continue to monitor Burrow’s calf and are expected to take the decision up to game time.

“We’ve still got two days before the game. Forty-eight hours. More than 48 hours,” Taylor said. “It’s really day to day. We’ll have conversations and see where it goes. But he looked good today.”

Taylor declined to say if Burrow split first-team reps with Jake Browning today, but Burrow was listed as a lmited participant.

Reading Burrow’s body language after his cart ride with Mike Brown at Friday’s practice, it looked like he wasn’t happy with whatever the Bengals owner and president told him. Taylor declined to divulge what that conversation, or any talks that have taken place this week, were about.

Asked if there was a scenario where if he didn’t expect to play Burrow, he would still be active for the game, Taylor said “doubtful.”

The inactive list will be announced 90 minutes before kickoff Monday night.

After practice, the Bengals worked out two quarterbacks, AJ McCarron and Trace McSorley, in an attempt to bolster their QB3 spot after the Patriots signed Will Grier off the Cincinnati practice squad on Thursday.

MORE: Tracking Every Week 3 NFL Injury

The Bengals ended up signing McCarron and waiving defensive end Garrett Nelson.

Also on the injury report is tight end Irv Smith Jr., who is listed as doubtful with a hamstring injury he suffered in Friday’s practice. The Bengals will likely elevate Tanner Hudson from the practice squad to give them some depth behind Drew Sample and Mitch Wilcox against the Rams.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/cincinnati-bengals-final-injury-report-ominous-joe-burrow-update-nfl/

• Like 1

I think sitting Joe would be the wisest thing to do but lots of pressure to play him

and risk further injury in the overly hyped game.

Will Zac cave?  The Magic 8 Ball sez "Most Likely".

With our fantastic wide receiver corps, just getting the ball near them to high point

or make circus catch is a good idea.  Joe's interception vs Baltimore looked like Jon

Kitna deja vu... no zip, no touch and right into the defenders face.  That's not the

Joe we know and love.

I think Browning is quite serviceable for this esp since the Rims will be focusing on

stopping the Joe Mixon running game.

Won't happen but I wouldn't mind seeing McCarron play Mighty Mouse:

"Here I come to save the dayyyyyy".

The Irv Smurf late week practice injury may be more telling.

Something Rotten in Riverfront...  

Too early to pull the plug but not too early to pump the brakes.

Afterthought: Wasn't the knock on Smurf that he was injury prone and

couldn't stay healthy?

Yeah, bring up Tanner Hudson from the practice squad or ever the intriguing

former Steeler tight end, 6'8", 270 lb Zach Gentry (#82) for blocking as much

as anything else.

Don't pull Trey Hendrickson for Mild Murphy.  Ever.

See if we see Cam Target-Britt of not.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

Cincinnati Bengals Final Injury Report: An Ominous Joe Burrow Update

Cincinnati Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said the team still has more than 48 hours to figure out whether Joe Burrow can play against the Rams.

September 23, 2023 | 2:50 PM EDT

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow is listed as “questionable” on the final injury report with his calf injury, and all head coach Zac Taylor would offer on the chances of Burrow playing Monday against the Rams was yet another “we’ll see.”

But Burrow’s teammates expect him to be inactive, per a league source.

What Are the Bengals Saying About Joe Burrow’s Status?

Despite those expectations, the Bengals will continue to monitor Burrow’s calf and are expected to take the decision up to game time.

“We’ve still got two days before the game. Forty-eight hours. More than 48 hours,” Taylor said. “It’s really day to day. We’ll have conversations and see where it goes. But he looked good today.”

Taylor declined to say if Burrow split first-team reps with Jake Browning today, but Burrow was listed as a lmited participant.

Reading Burrow’s body language after his cart ride with Mike Brown at Friday’s practice, it looked like he wasn’t happy with whatever the Bengals owner and president told him. Taylor declined to divulge what that conversation, or any talks that have taken place this week, were about.

Asked if there was a scenario where if he didn’t expect to play Burrow, he would still be active for the game, Taylor said “doubtful.”

The inactive list will be announced 90 minutes before kickoff Monday night.

After practice, the Bengals worked out two quarterbacks, AJ McCarron and Trace McSorley, in an attempt to bolster their QB3 spot after the Patriots signed Will Grier off the Cincinnati practice squad on Thursday.

MORE: Tracking Every Week 3 NFL Injury

The Bengals ended up signing McCarron and waiving defensive end Garrett Nelson.

Also on the injury report is tight end Irv Smith Jr., who is listed as doubtful with a hamstring injury he suffered in Friday’s practice. The Bengals will likely elevate Tanner Hudson from the practice squad to give them some depth behind Drew Sample and Mitch Wilcox against the Rams.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/cincinnati-bengals-final-injury-report-ominous-joe-burrow-update-nfl/

Irv Smith injured..

Fancy that..

Bring on Hudson.. yes.

6 minutes ago, Griever said:

Mystery to this.

Joe re-tweaks leg ..twice now

Mike Brown  advising him the best choice for him and the team long-term.

Joe looking downcast after the chat.

Gving him the respect to make the wisest decision they will trust in..

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, High School Harry said:

".

I think Browning is quite serviceable for this esp since the Rims will be focusing on

stopping the Joe Mixon running game.

Excuse me, the what? I have vague memories of this being an actual thing but maybe I was stoned*

*I was definitely stoned

• Like 3

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

She sat in the Kelce family box

vs Bears.

This ain't her first rodeo in the  dating game.

He'll be in IR with a broken ❤️ and severe bruising from

being kicked to the curb before they're bye week.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

He's not worthy and she is a man eater (not that way).

Glad the arrogant turd has a distraction during the season.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

So much two people building their brand. 

It's like product placement.

I wonder if people that wrapped up in fame (IOW themselves) ever have a genuine moment other than the unavoidable, like taking a dump. I'm sure they'd have an assistant do that for them too if they could.

• Upvote 1