Was wrist wrap a coincidence, or did Joe Burrow have a pre-existing wrist injury?

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

🤣 c'mon man....why do you think the NFL and all sports leagues encourage gambling, it's a huge source of revenue and increases interest in the games. When two small market teams play a preseason game, why do think it gets national TV coverage and people gamble on the game? 

And a gamble is all on the gambler. There should be no extra information. I don't know anything about a slot machine before I put my quarter in. (I don't gamble, btw, so I'm not sure if there is a lot machine information)

https://thecriminalunderworldcompilation.law.blog/2022/04/03/donald-dice-dawson-bookmaker/

Dawson is one of the names underworld figures that the NFL cited Karras was linked to when suspending him due to his gambling and unsavory social companions for the entire 1963 season. His name was tied to other NFL stars, according to FBI documents from the era, including the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Len Dawson (unrelated). When he was arrested, the FBI hailed the bust as taking down “one of the biggest and most influential bookies in the country” In an interview with author Dan Moldea for Moldea’s book “Interference — How Organized Crime Influences Pro Football” — published in 1989 — Dawson admitted to coordinating point-shaving schemes in more than 30 NFL games, asserting that Layne, a Lions’ all-time great under center at quarterback, was one of the players he used to manipulate outcomes. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Art Rooney, Charles Bidwell, Tim Mara, McBride, Modell, Glick are some of the oldest names in the NFL...not to mention DiBartolo and Al Davis for more recent names...

6 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I feel exactly like I did when I found out Santa Claus wasn't real.

1/2 :ninja:

7 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

I find it very odd that the Dave Portnoy guy or however you spell his name just placed a $60k bet on them a day or two prior.  Now watch he is going to try and sue. Watch. 

It all feels fake like the T swift/Kelce relationship   

Already has (from another thread)

What an ass

Basically wtf is going on here is that the NFL has shifted hard to being more of a theatrical entertainment producer verses being solely a sports entertainment company.

Probably got something to do with lowering their carbon footprint and being more equitable and inclusive. 

The court case will be amazingly entertaining to follow. That Portnoy dude is pretty funny.  Also the NFL will be able to use the court case for whatever they are obviously trying to do. Close up some open loop hole or something so the they can continue selling rigged events for bookies to take bets on.

The betting industry is too big to fail. Just Fanduel alone has like 8k or 12k employees. And that is just a drop in the bucket to the whole market.  It has to be rigged. Commonsense really.

When they started taking bets on wrestling that right there was a big experiment.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Art Rooney, Charles Bidwell, Tim Mara, McBride, Modell, Glick are some of the oldest names in the NFL...not to mention DiBartolo and Al Davis for more recent names...

That is fascinating. It made sense that the real interest organized crime and slimy owners associated with them only really began to involve themselves in the NFL once popularity—especially with TV broadcasting—ensued. 

Pro football in the pre-1960’s was more of an amusement as opposed to an industry. And all of the crime bosses were investing/betting on baseball, if they were involved with sports at all. 

3 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Basically wtf is going on here is that the NFL has shifted hard to being more of a theatrical entertainment producer verses being solely a sports entertainment company.

You have not been around for awhile but you are right.

The whole Taylor Swift Travis Kelce dog and pony show is a good

example of theatrical entertainment vs sports enterprise.

I mean, who cares?

12 hours ago, High School Harry said:

You have not been around for awhile but you are right.

The whole Taylor Swift Travis Kelce dog and pony show is a good

example of theatrical entertainment vs sports enterprise.

I mean, who cares?

Right.  Who cares?  Not me because I don't watch the shit anymore. I listen to games on the radio still because its what I been doing since I was 6 years old. This go bengals site is like my espn. I come here for breaking news.  But other than that the NFL has lost me. Id rather skip rocks on the creek with my nephew or anything else.    Its also unavoidable because guys I work with are gon talk nfl. One of my customers knows I used to be a huge bengals fan and he's a Stealers fan. So every time we talk he's gotta mention something.   

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

It's called gambling buddy...those are the breaks...pun intended..what a crybaby, nobody forced you to make a bet...clown.

But the Bengals will probably get fined because it's the Bengals and they bungled the cover-up, shouldn't have deleted the video.

When I read about people making this large sum of bet, one of two things come to mind, they are rich and have money to burn and are bored with their life and will waste it on anything and everything under the sun and/or they have a gambling problem.  Now I don't care what you do with your money but, my problem is when come out to biatch about it when you lose it on gambling.  You never seem to hear these rich clowns when the tax man takes your money to gamble it or waste it and sue them. I know you can't, well, you can try and you should be allowed too as taxation without representation but, just saying.   He is allowed to sue based off of the Mob criminals running the asylum.  Maybe he should try a lawsuit against our government instead. Nah, he won't do that because it is a bigger Mob that is not on his side.  His smaller Mob and smaller goverment Mob is on his side so he can win his lawsuit. It is really sad what our society has become. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

It's called gambling buddy...those are the breaks...pun intended..what a crybaby, nobody forced you to make a bet...clown.

But the Bengals will probably get fined because it's the Bengals and they bungled the cover-up, shouldn't have deleted the video.

I forgot to add about your pun intended comment as I always like to use the same quote for the same type of situation here in what came from the previous British Prime Minister Boris Johnson farewell speech after screwing up the whole country and just getting up and leaving, he said, well, Themz The Breaks.  It fits right here once again like you said. 😆