Yeah, the year to trade Tee was 2023. There are a number of good WRs in the 2024 draft. Spotrac says his market value is about $16 mil so at that price we should extend him. I doubt he will take less than 20 mil but he has to recognize his market value is lower now than a year ago. The tag number will be between 21 and 22 mil. 

My view is the team should just tag him and try to extend him if possible. We can give Uno a market setting deal before training camp. We'll lose Jonah, Boyd, Chido, and maybe Reader.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, the year to trade Tee was 2023. There are a number of good WRs in the 2024 draft. Spotrac says his market value is about $16 mil so at that price we should extend him. I doubt he will take less than 20 mil but he has to recognize his market value is lower now than a year ago. The tag number will be between 21 and 22 mil. 

My view is the team should just tag him and try to extend him if possible. We can give Uno a market setting deal before training camp. We'll lose Jonah, Boyd, Chido, and maybe Reader.

I was adamant about not keeping him but I think you need at least two very good weapons in an offense, be it WR, RB, TE. We have Chase and Higgins now. Flashes from Brown-Yoshi but they need another year.

I think you can get away with starting Joe Mixon, Tanner Hudson, Charlie Jones if you have 2 top end stars at WR. Without it you can't. Obviously, the more playmakers the better.  It would be great to have a threat at all 5 spots. 2/5 is the minimum. I think you have 3 guys in Brown, Yoshi and Jones I really like and they could become that. They need another year. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think you have 2 guys in Brown and Jones I really like and they could become that. They need another year. 

Question: by "another year", does that indicate they will not top-line produce until 2025? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Question: by "another year", does that indicate they will not top-line produce until 2025? 

I am not sure they ever will. I wouldn't let Tee go this year with so much doubt. I think they could next year, but certainly haven't yet. 

• Upvote 2

I see both Brown and Jones as complimentary players, but two complimentary players that can break a game.  Both have speed and elusiveness, but neither could probably hold up to playing a majority of offensive snaps.  I think Iosivas can be more.  Would like to see him in Higgins spot if he does not return.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I had hoped Jones would not only be the punt returner replacing Trent Taylor but would also get some work from the slot to show he could replace Boyd. Or find out if he couldn't. I'd hoped he'd get 25-30 catches but his broken finger cost him most of his rookie year. 

12 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, I had hoped Jones would not only be the punt returner replacing Trent Taylor but would also get some work from the slot to show he could replace Boyd. Or find out if he couldn't. I'd hoped he'd get 25-30 catches but his broken finger cost him most of his rookie year. 

I think I let Jamar and Tee rest this week as both guys are dealing with injury. Let's see what Jones and Yoshi can do.

• Upvote 3