2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Fair dinkum. That is a good analysis. 

I guess I just watch too much baseball—where top-tier pitchers are allowed to go elsewhere—for not much difference in cost, only to be replaced by significantly lower cost/lower quality. This, when it was so easy to have kept the pitcher. 

The Reds, for example, seem all-in on a high-end starting pitcher (as yet not identified) but at the cost of their decently adequate infield. It is illogical 

Decently adequate infield?

Wow..

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Here is a what your FA market for tackles looks like. (No idea why there are some guard in this list)

Do we actually think any of these guys are better than Jonah? 

Maybe not better, but certainly cheaper.

Of course the draft would be the obvious answer.

12 hours ago, spicoli said:

Btw, I definitely think Reds talk in Nov meets the definition of moving “on to 24”, no? 🤷‍♂️

Yeah.

Just got into this thread and saw "infield" and wondered if this is some new football term

I had missed like "game day experience" and "Taylor Swift".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just some thoughts on coaching front office

Bengals front office Trey Brown might get a GM job. If so that's 2 first round picks

I think Callahan will be in the mix for a head coaching job. What we did with Browning has to have the league taken notice.

If he gets a head job I think that Pitcher is our next OC. 

Then I think Klint Kubiak is QBs coach. He was in Taylor's wedding or vice versa. He might be a great fit having been with the 49ers for a year. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Bengals front office Trey Brown might get a GM job. If so that's 2 first round picks

I think Callahan will be in the mix for a head coaching job. What we did with Browning has to have the league taken notice.

Then I think Klint Kubiak is QBs coach. He was in Taylor's wedding or vice versa. He might be a great fit having been with the 49ers for a year. 

What makes you think this?

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

With what has happened with Jake Browning over the last month, Dan Pitcher figures to become an OC somewhere next year. Almost happened this past offseason. He has a ton of buzz at the moment.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

Heard good news things about Klint Kubiak..

Don't know about Callahan as a HC.

Are you saying Pitcher seems a better choice than Kubiak since he knows the offense so well?

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Heard good news things about Klint Kubiak..

Don't know about Callahan as a HC.

Are you saying Pitcher seems a better choice than Kubiak since he knows the offense so well?

Honestly don't know who the better choice is but to retain Pitcher he would have to be OC, he will have OC opportunities this offseason again. He and Walter both interviewed last summer for OC jobs. I think Tampa for Pitcher and Houston for Walters. I think strategically you can get Kubiak and Pitcher only if you go that route. But I honestly don't know. 

• Upvote 1