2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Just some thoughts on coaching front office

Bengals front office Trey Brown might get a GM job. If so that's 2 first round picks

I think Callahan will be in the mix for a head coaching job. What we did with Browning has to have the league taken notice.

If he gets a head job I think that Pitcher is our next OC. 

Then I think Klint Kubiak is QBs coach. He was in Taylor's wedding or vice versa. He might be a great fit having been with the 49ers for a year. 

This should have read 2-3rd round picks if Brown gets a GM job. 

5 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

He's interviewed the last two cycles and will interview with the Raiders this year when it opens. This will actually be his 3rd time interviewing with the Raiders. Usually that means something big. 

https://x.com/KuhnTristen/status/1736927375022027229?s=20

I should have been more clear. Why do you think we would get any picks for him?

12 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

I would have never guessed it, but wikipedia says McDaniel's dad is black.

There are lot of people in this country that have black parents and grandparents and you would never know. 

I have some cousins that are half black but they look like the average white person, and their kids are the same way. Keep in mind your average black person is like 25% percent white per their DNA. I did mine and found out I was 33% European. My aunt did her DNA and it was 52% European and her son, my cousin, called me and told me he was white now..lol

McDaniels counts as a black HC per the NFL's diversity quota

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It's a really good incentive to hire some diversity into OC/AHC spots and your front office. A lot of diversity hiring is a mess in the world, this seems like a really good route. You aren't rewarded for hriing a black GM or HC you are rewarded for getting the people in place to get the experience necessary to get those jobs. In leagues like the NFL where there is so much nepotism/good old boys network and the stakes are so high so you hire people you know, it makes so much sense. Especially when you consider the league is like 75% black. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mikeslumina said:

Why are we playing chiefs again? I know we went years without playing them now it’s every year. Just move us to their division 

Because it's the year that we are playing that entire division. 

On 11/19/2023 at 10:06 AM, Jamie_B said:

Here is a what your FA market for tackles looks like. (No idea why there are some guard in this list)

Do we actually think any of these guys are better than Jonah? 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tackle//

If not then he is getting paid, and if we need to reserve some of that money for Jamar, guess what? Right tackle has to be drafted.

Uggggh...tough decisions.  They definitely need to draft a tackle.  Hopefully a good one is available in the first two rounds.  Best strategy would be to trade up to take the guy another team wants.  Rather rely on some other teams scouts than the Bengals for OL. 

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Uggggh...tough decisions.  They definitely need to draft a tackle.  Hopefully a good one is available in the first two rounds.  Best strategy would be to trade up to take the guy another team wants.  Rather rely on some other teams scouts than the Bengals for OL. 

We both know they wont trade up, at least not in the first round.

I was watching Locked on Bengals, and I normally like those guys, but James Rapine started talking about keeping Jonnah and I was like nope, no thanks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

We both know they wont trade up, at least not in the first round.

I was watching Locked on Bengals, and I normally like those guys, but James Rapine started talking about keeping Jonnah and I was like nope, no thanks.

I know...just a joke about the Bengals inability to draft quality OL. 

On 11/19/2023 at 10:13 AM, Jamie_B said:

With Boyd gone, Higgins maybe gone. Here is your WR market.

I like the guy who just killed us two weeks ago to replace Boyd, for a few years. Give Noah Brown a 3 year deal, he wont be super expensive, and I think the Texans have some guys ahead of him that when healthy keep him from having as much playing time, so I think he can be got.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver//

I would tag Higgins for one more year.  I'm not sure he's going to be worth the money.  Looks like he is going down the "always injured" route.  Much like AJ Green, but a few years early.  Wouldn't want to lock him up long term at this point.

I am really interested in seeing what Iosivas has to offer.  From what I saw he did pretty much what they asked of him.  Caught the ball, blocked, etc.  He's a crazy athlete.  Maybe time to give him an increased role.

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

I would tag Higgins for one more year.  I'm not sure he's going to be worth the money.  Looks like he is going down the "always injured" route.  Much like AJ Green, but a few years early.  Wouldn't want to lock him up long term at this point.

I am really interested in seeing what Iosivas has to offer.  From what I saw he did pretty much what they asked of him.  Caught the ball, blocked, etc.  He's a crazy athlete.  Maybe time to give him an increased role.

If we believe that about Tee it might be better to tag and trade him, get at least something for him, if were not gonna get another year of good play.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

If we believe that about Tee it might be better to tag and trade him, get at least something for him, if were not gonna get another year of good play.

That would be a solid managerial move.  Probably get fans all worked up, but winning shuts that down fast.

1 minute ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Do u think tee is worth a first round pick?

For the right team?  Absolutely. 

Could you imagine Tee Higgins on the Browns?  Oh, wait....they don't have any first round picks.  🤣