Hey Colts Fans! Week

So anyway…there is a game on Sunday? 

Have a small (very small) conundrum with this matchup of QB’s. 

I have been a lifelong PAC 8/12/Whatever fan. Besides my late father’s Alma mater of Oregon State, my 1A has always been Washington State (I was inches close to enrolling there back in the day). Anyhoo, I always have despised UW—mainly because I have always despised Seattle,

besides being Wazzoo’s big rival,but whatevs. 

Jake is UW. Minshew is Wazzoo. Conundrum…

Nah. Go Jake! 

• Upvote 1

AT

Cincinnati Bengals

• WHERE: Paycor Stadium (Cincinnati)
  • WHEN: 1 p.m. ET | CBS
  • MONEYLINE: Colts: -110 | Bengals: -110
  • SPREAD: PICK | O/U: 44.0
rn2cbi70sjtrsx1j0rcm
Bengals 22-20
Table inside Article
Ali Brooke Dan Gennaro Tom

rn2cbi70sjtrsx1j0rcm

Bengals 23-20

rn2cbi70sjtrsx1j0rcm

Bengals 21-20

rn2cbi70sjtrsx1j0rcm

Bengals 22-20

voglmrppwqvmz1hfzl5h

Colts 24-22

Why Brooke is taking the Bengals: I'm not going as far as saying Jake Browning “lit the world on fire” in the overtime win at Jacksonville, but he displayed more than enough to give a Bengals team some hope, connecting on an astounding 86.5 percent of his passes for 354 yards and a touchdown. Browning's only had two starts, but it's tough to beat a team with that level of QB play -- a luxury the Colts don't have with an unpredictable Gardner Minshew, though he is 5-3 as Indy's starter this season. Minshew's wily with a blossoming supporting cast and a head man in Shane Steichen who is making a case for Coach of the Year. Turnovers are sure to be a huge decider, so if the Bengals limit Tyler Boyd's pass attempts, I trust them more than Minshew, who is tied for the third-most turnover-worthy plays this season with 21, per Pro Football Focus.

https://www.nfl.com/news/week-14-nfl-picks-2023-nfl-season

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Corn and soybeans everywhere there isn't urban blight - except in Bloomington where it's everywhere that there aren't passed out college Liberal Arts doofuses.

I was in Bloomington once when my nephew made the ill-advised decision to get married there...the day of the Battle for the Old Oaken Bucket...at Bloomington...and also had his reception on campus the night Jeff Foxworthy was appearing there. 

I can attest that the Holiday Inn there is a dump. (or it was 24 years ago.)

I have traversed Indiana from the northern plains to the southern hills as an avid auto race chaser. From Winchester to Terre Haute, Kokomo to Bloomington, to the sanctity of the Indianapolis 500.  So I have a soft spot in my heart for the Hoosier state & Indianapolis. 

But the Colts & their bitch ass fanbase can lick my ball sack. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Sunday looks to be improving a bit: high of 49, small chance shower, wind negligible 

Yeah, just going to post that.  They're backing off the gloom and doom weather forecast

"That means dry afternoon weather with the slight chance of a sprinkle or flurry in spots Sunday afternoon and evening."

By Josh Alper

Published December 8, 2023 02:15 PM

The Bengals gave their playoff hopes a shot in the arm with a Monday night win over the Jaguars and those hopes would get another one with a win over the Colts this Sunday.

It’s unclear whether wide receiver Tyler Boyd will be part of that effort. Boyd showed up on the injury report on Thursday as a limited participant with an ankle injury and he was limited again in Friday’s practice before being listed as questionable.

Boyd has 55 catches for 499 yards and two touchdowns.

Defensive tackle D.J. Reader (back) was added to the injury report on Friday. Tackle D’Ante Smith (personal) didn’t practice the last two days and both players have been listed as questionable along with Boyd.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/cincinnati-bengals

• Upvote 1

Isobel's work for this week:

20231208_144733.jpg

Note: Several of us ordered her 2024 Cincinnatus: The Gentleman Tiger calendars.  I got mine this week - they're terrific....

20231208_124434.jpg

She has sold out of them EXCEPT for a few that have tiny imperfections on the cover. They're discounted by >20%.  Here's her blurb about them:

"25% of the purchase price goes to Perfectly Imperfect Pet Rescue, a new charity in Ohio run by a fellow Bengals fan and working to help pets – especially cats! – who are unwanted or ill. This is a cause very close to my heart, and it seems only right that The Gentleman Tiger helps out his smaller brothers and sisters 🙂  Support your team, an independent artist, and a local charity, all with one purchase!

Calendars will be shipped from here in Nova Scotia, so likely won’t make it before Christmas now. I will ship them as soon as I can!"

Linky: https://isobelhamilton.art/product/2024-cincinnatus-calendar-seconds

• Upvote 1

On 12/9/2023 at 11:21 AM, Le Tigre said:

FYI: it’s a Brown-out in Columbus on Sunday. 

CMH gets to enjoy JAX Backup vs Flacco. 

It happens. Pub in Gahanna for all who are interested. 

I would be there if hubby wasn’t still so COVID phobic. I’ll have to find it online somewhere.

• Upvote 1