Keeping our enemies close: 2024

They were using the “original” Namath era uniform combo for the longest time. It replaced the “original” Sack Exchange ones they are now bringing back. 

They could have gone WAY back, and used their “original” NY Titans kit—which they tried out in 2009:

IMG_2918.jpeg

IMG_2917.jpeg

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

They were using the “original” Namath era uniform combo for the longest time. It replaced the “original” Sack Exchange ones they are now bringing back. 

They could have gone WAY back, and used their “original” NY Titans kit—which they tried out in 2009:

IMG_2918.jpeg

IMG_2917.jpeg

Not gonna lie, I actually liked these lol. Sort of similar to the St Louis era rams look with the gold and dark blue

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Griever said:

Not gonna lie, I actually liked these lol. Sort of similar to the St Louis era rams look with the gold and dark blue

While not really caring about other teams' uniforms I think the Rams jumped the shark

when they went away from the curled horns on their helmets.  Iconic and original.

Like the Bengals going with stylized tiger stripes.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Griever said:

The original NY Titans helmet did not have a logo on it. This is what the first NY Jets helmet looked like. 

IMG_2919.jpeg

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The original NY Titans helmet did not have a logo on it. This is what the first NY Jets helmet looked like. 

IMG_2919.jpeg

Never liked green colors.

Mix em anyway and they still look

bad.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

While not really caring about other teams' uniforms I think the Rams jumped the shark

when they went away from the curled horns on their helmets.  Iconic and original.

Like the Bengals going with stylized tiger stripes.

Ram curled horns were iconic.

Bring em back if they haven't already.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Doesn't look like a jet.

Looks like a dolphin..😎

It was 1963…and the AFL. 

Fun fact: the NY Titans were bought in 1963 for the stupendous sum of $1million dollars (cue Dr Evil). The name was changed to the “Jets”, because it rhymed with “Mets” and each were going to be playing in the then new Shea Stadium. The location was also near LaGuardia Airport, so that factored in also. 

Having seen some baseball back in the day at Shea, the flight patterns out and into LaGuardia basically were overhead. Lots of noise. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/11/2024 at 3:32 PM, BlackJesus said:

He played a key role in reaching the SB. Then he forgot who made him look good and ran to NYC chasing tail and or money and now his career is a flop. 

Moral of the story: a short-term raise on a bad team, doesn't equate to more career earnings. It usually means you get a signing bonus and cut before you ever see most of that "fake" contract. 

He got $16mil to play 2 years at New York. It was a 3 year $24mil deal $15 mil guaranteed.  There was nothing fake about it. The Bengals were not going to give him that.  He absolutely did the right thing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

The lab in Wuhan did receive some funding from the US which sounds crazy but I seriously doubt our government wanted whatever they created to be deployed into the world.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

image.thumb.png.c8de34bc59b261f85ee6954dfd23daab.png

Browns bring back white face masks, making a big deal about it.

Yeah, I couldn't give a shit, either.

Lol, one other aspect that appears to be forgotten is they went back to a glossy shell instead of that matte finish. Upgrades in both aspects imo, but yeah...still the Browns. Flush it down 

• Upvote 1