48 minutes ago, JC said:

Agreed. The Latham and Murphy dreams are probably dead.

Id love to see how they have these tackles stacked up. I suspect they have Latham up top.

If anyone has any videos of Latham smoking weed or doing something stupid, now is the time to leak them...we need some hackers to get on this asap, who has a connections on the dark web...looking at you BJ...:ninja:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JC said:

Fuaga!

Latham going that high?  And over Alt?

I think I would prefer Mims over Fuaga but I'm so confused and conflicted over every OT not named Alt I don't know which was is up.

Yeah, Murphy will be gone.

I do like the Stealers not taking an O lineman, esp Jackson Powers-Jackson (or Mims).

Or us not taking Brian Thomas, for that matter.

Anyway, if the draft shook down something like this and C P-J fell our of the first round, I would

trade our second and at least one of our thirds to trade up for him if we could.

I would really like that guy in the center or our line for a decade.

Jay Morrison's final mock draft. I like it overall...though not taking a CB until the final pick would be shocking. I seriously doubt that Fiske will be there at pick 80, but it definitely feels like this will be a "trenches" draft for the Bengals. I also think a Day Two WR feels almost like a certainty. 

• Round 1, Pick 18: JC Latham, OT, Alabama
  • Round 2, Pick 49: Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington
  • Round 3, Pick 80: Braden Fiske, DT, Florida State
  • Round 3, Pick 97: T’Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
  • Round 4, Pick 115: Tanor Bortolini, C, Wisconsin
  • Round 5, Pick 180: Jared Wiley, TE, TCU
  • Round 6, Pick 194: Carson Steele, RB, UCLA
  • Round 6, Pick 214: Darius Muasau, LB, UCLA
  • Round 7, Pick 224: Myles Cole, EDGE, Texas Tech
  • Round 7, Pick 237: Josh DeBerry, CB, Texas A&M

IMG_5440.jpeg.acf67c56132f92ab69ce560a777b53ae.jpeg

We could trade back about a half-dozen spots, still get a player that most of us be happy about, and would have plenty of draft capital to do some more damage in rounds two and three.  🦗

48 minutes ago, dex said:

Jay Morrison's final mock draft. I like it overall...though not taking a CB until the final pick would be shocking. I seriously doubt that Fiske will be there at pick 80, but it definitely feels like this will be a "trenches" draft for the Bengals. I also think a Day Two WR feels almost like a certainty. 

• Round 1, Pick 18: JC Latham, OT, Alabama
  • Round 2, Pick 49: Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington
  • Round 3, Pick 80: Braden Fiske, DT, Florida State
  • Round 3, Pick 97: T’Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
  • Round 4, Pick 115: Tanor Bortolini, C, Wisconsin
  • Round 5, Pick 180: Jared Wiley, TE, TCU
  • Round 6, Pick 194: Carson Steele, RB, UCLA
  • Round 6, Pick 214: Darius Muasau, LB, UCLA
  • Round 7, Pick 224: Myles Cole, EDGE, Texas Tech
  • Round 7, Pick 237: Josh DeBerry, CB, Texas A&M

I would love this. Fiske is a bit older, so you'd likely only get his rookie deal out of him, but between him and Sweat and you add an OT and Center. Plus a WR. If it falls out this way Ill be happy.

On 4/24/2024 at 3:49 AM, Le Tigre said:

Speaking of drafts, I see the Blazers are one of the higher odds favorites in the Lottery. Any one player of particular interest? 

With the Warriors pick I would like them to choose from https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/04/potential-lottery-pick-tidjane-salaun-entering-draft.html , Zack Edey and Kyle Filipowski.

With the Blazers pick, which could be #1 through #8, I hope they can land one of Zaccharie Risacher, Alex Sarr, Donovan Clingan, & Matas Buzelis, and end up getting a 2 frontline players from their two lottery picks.

The 1st two picks in that mock are good (Newton & Benson) but I can't imagine them drafting Wilson.  With Gesicki and Hudson on the roster, you wouldn't need him as a pass catching TE.   Not sure I'd see him as a future replacement for Tee Higgins or a current replacement for Tyler Boyd.

2 minutes ago, BBR said:

The 1st two picks in that mock are good (Newton & Benson) but I can't imagine them drafting Wilson.  With Gesicki and Hudson on the roster, you wouldn't need him as a pass catching TE.   Not sure I'd see him as a future replacement for Tee Higgins or a current replacement for Tyler Boyd.

If the Bengals were to land Newton (assuming good medicals) at 49 I wouldn't even care much at all what the 3rd round picks were. Still feels like a longshot though.