Random 2024 Bengals related stuff

2 hours ago, Griever said:

Gosh those are amazing

Thanks. As to the Flying Tigers—for authenticity—different manufacturers made them (not just the Bengals, but the NFL too). You will see mine was a Wilson brand. The others you might see are Rawlings and Starter. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The collective brain power in that photo is also impressive. From Grandpa down to granddaughters, some pretty smart cookies. 

How someone could look at that pic, and the first thought that comes to their mind is that she’s not fashionable?  I would imagine alcohol and processed foods are a dietary staple for that individual. The world is filled with such dumbasses these days unfortunately. 

Grandpa down to granddaughters, accomplishments galore. Disciplined lifestyle in order to achieve what they have, positively influencing countless others to be ambitious and achievement oriented, yet the issue is with their fashion. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Go crack that beer and pop open more potato chips, it’s probably hopeless at this point. Oh yeah, don’t forget to sit on the recliner in front of the tv so your mind can be made up for you on how you should be thinking. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Uh.   My Bad.

She looks great..

I feel better now..😊

Just playin' really.

Just got a new computer and had to log in again

and testing to see if it was working.
I didn't even realize who she was and, besides,

I was mesmerized by... Pumpkin:wub:

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, IKOTA said:

How someone could look at that pic, and the first thought that comes to their mind is that she’s not fashionable?  I would imagine alcohol and processed foods are a dietary staple for that individual. The world is filled with such dumbasses these days unfortunately. 

Grandpa down to granddaughters, accomplishments galore. Disciplined lifestyle in order to achieve what they have, positively influencing countless others to be ambitious and achievement oriented, yet the issue is with their fashion. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Go crack that beer and pop open more potato chips, it’s probably hopeless at this point. Oh yeah, don’t forget to sit on the recliner in front of the tv so your mind can be made up for you on how you should be thinking. 

Tks for the compliment 

I made a silly comment ok?

Jeez.

On 3/20/2024 at 12:57 PM, Griever said:

Thanks for posting this. 

The NFL has made this VERY WORDY AND CONFUSING but it is very similar - I'd say nearly identical - to the kickoff rule used in the XFL.  Here's a video explaining the XFL kickoff rule - if you understand this, you'll pretty much understand the NFL version.  (This video explains ALL of the major XFL/NFL rule changes, kickoff was explained first so you only need to watch the first 40-50 seconds to get it.)

It dramatically cut down on injuries, and turned the return basically into something similar to the old schoolyard game "Red Rover" that we used to play when I was a kid.  If the returner can find a hole and bust thru, he'll have only the kicker to beat to get to paydirt.

The first KO TD was scored - of course - by the St Louis BattleHawks.  Ka-Kaw!!

In 2023, the XFL modified the rules, adding stuff like "landing zones" and such, and it ended up making the kickoffs LESS exciting, as it resulted in the returner getting posession signficantly further behind the faceoff line, allowing the defense time to collapse and penetrate the returning team's line, limiting the opportunities for the returner to find the "Red Rover" hole and punch through.  I always thought that if the teams lined up five or ten yards closer to the returning team's end zone, the returner would have a better chance of busting through the line even though the defenders are all closer to him at the start.

We'll see if the NFL's tweaks will improve this back to the "cool" level that the 2020 XFL set of return rules had.

• Upvote 2