Random 2024 Bengals related stuff

^ If they are going to allow these then they need to just design a new extra large and padded helmet for everyone.

Because it is going to be distracting and look like horseshit seeing random players run around with these idiotic things on their heads. 🤮 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

What the hell is even that

Did the equipment manager forget to take them out of their bags?

The last few years the NFL has required the extra padded guardian caps to be used by linemen in training camp. This year they approved them for use in games. They're mainly for players with a history of concussions. And apparently now there are cloth coverings to mimic the team's helmet designs. 

1 hour ago, Mikeslumina said:

Can anyone give dates when we think we see burrow throwing? 

He's been throwing already, so basically the first time a camera is on the practice field I would guess. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

The last few years the NFL has required the extra padded guardian caps to be used by linemen in training camp. This year they approved them for use in games. They're mainly for players with a history of concussions. And apparently now there are cloth coverings to mimic the team's helmet designs. 

A multi-billion dollar business and they come up with h this?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I read they'd reduce concussion by 20% or more if everyone was wearing them.  So, in the interest of player safety, the NFL will allow players to wear them if they really want to..

Of course, they could mandate it, and manufacture helmets with logos that look OK instead of the usual method of applying stickers, but nah...  That'd cost a little more money so here's some awful looking potato sacks to wear on your heads.

Oh and BTW gonna need another half a billion from the city for seat warmers in the stadium, thanks.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

Yeah was just curious I hear the rumors. Just impatient all other teams have video and for some reason we have zero. When are the mandatory practices 

Yeah I'm anxious to see who is full participation and who they hold back

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah I'm anxious to see who is full participation and who they hold back

Im prepared to be concerned about who is not at full participation. 😎

• Upvote 1