I am going to start the free-agent threads. We are about 5 weeks away. Hopefully, this helps with convos. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_oGEDBZnU6LESfPLyD8apeXSKI-OJ4Z8IWYd7YcnAsM/edit?usp=sharing

QB should be pretty simple. 

1-Burrow

2-Browning back on an ERFA deal

3-McCarron to the XFL?

4-Rookie for Rookie camp

Draft Order Cap QB Age Overall Pass Run Snaps Starts 23/Career Stats Notes    
    Browning-Bengals 28 79.3 74.4 87.8 468 7/7 1936-70.4 12-7; 27-127-3 ERFA    
    Burrow-Bengals 27 77.9 76.8 68.8 602 10/52 2309-66.8 15-6; 31-88-0      
    McCarron-Bengals 34 59 58.4   17 0/4 19-80% 0-0 UFA    
Free Agents
    Tannehill-Titans 36 68.7 66.3 69.7 499 8/151 1616-64.8 4-7; 17-74-1 Taylor Miami and Texas AnM    
    Woodside-Falcons 29 24.8 24.9 58.3 10 0/0   Drafted by Bengals    
    Allen-49ers 32         0/9 DNP Former Bengal    
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I am going to start the free-agent threads. We are about 5 weeks away. Hopefully, this helps with convos. 

QB should be pretty simple. 

1-Burrow

2-Browning back on an ERFA deal

3-McCarron to the XFL?

4-Rookie for Rookie camp

Draft Order Cap QB Age Overall Pass Run Snaps Starts 23/Career Stats Notes    
    Browning-Bengals 28 79.3 74.4 87.8 468 7/7 1936-70.4 12-7; 27-127-3 ERFA    
    Burrow-Bengals 27 77.9 76.8 68.8 602 10/52 2309-66.8 15-6; 31-88-0      
    McCarron-Bengals 34 59 58.4   17 0/4 19-80% 0-0 UFA    
Free Agents
    Tannehill-Titans 36 68.7 66.3 69.7 499 8/151 1616-64.8 4-7; 17-74-1 Taylor Miami and Texas AnM    
    Woodside-Falcons 29 24.8 24.9 58.3 10 0/0   Drafted by Bengals    
    Allen-49ers 32         0/9 DNP Former Bengal    

Draft Joe Milton in late round.

HIs arm is

" Faster than a speeding bullet"

Real raw..

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Draft Joe Milton in late round.

Is arm is

" Faster than a speeding bullet"

Real raw..

yes he started at Michigan early on, IIRC. Athletic guy who could really sling it. 

They should look to the draft to find a developmental guy… Browning won’t be there too much longer, I wouldn’t imagine. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

This past year was Browning's first season in the NFL that counted toward free agency. He'll be an ERFA again the next 2 years if on 1 year deals, then a RFA, before becoming a UFA in 2027. 

Yeah...then he's 30. He might be tethered to JB forever. 

Love Milton...

I am a big fan of Tuiasiopos (sp) brother too. Small but a quick processor with some legs. He's a lefty. Does it make sense to have a lefty developing on the practice squad? Is that too divergent or doesn't it matter?

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, I don't see any team willing to trade at least a 2nd Rd pick for Browning, and to me that's the minimum he should cost. Anything less, I would rather just keep him as an insurance policy. 

So I run it back with Browning as the cheap and reliable backup. Then I would draft a developmental guy late (Rd 6-7) in case Browning becomes tradeable in the future. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

The top 10 free agent QBs this off-season.

IMG_20240206_234406.jpg

* The only one I would be interested in is Minshew, but not at the expensive cost he will command. 

Slim pickens aside from the 36yr old Cousins.

Doubt the Vikes move on from him.

Jefferson wouldnt be happy

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Unfortunately, I don't see any team willing to trade at least a 2nd Rd pick for Browning, and to me that's the minimum he should cost. Anything less, I would rather just keep him as an insurance policy. 

So I run it back with Browning as the cheap and reliable backup. Then I would draft a developmental guy late (Rd 6-7) in case Browning becomes tradeable in the future. 

I am a fan of never drafting a backup QB. I think that you can't count on them and you don't want to put a 3rd QB on the roster because they aren't useful elsewhere. 

BUT.....we reportedly were high on Aidan O'Connell and Dorian Thompson-Robinson....who both had decent seasons. O'Connell in the regular season.....DTR in the preseason. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I am a fan of never drafting a backup QB. I think that you can't count on them and you don't want to put a 3rd QB on the roster because they aren't useful elsewhere. 

BUT.....we reportedly were high on Aidan O'Connell and Dorian Thompson-Robinson....who both had decent seasons. O'Connell in the regular season.....DTR in the preseason. 

Id really like to see them grab Joe Milton late.

He needs alot of tutoring but his athleticism and that GUN for an arm make him very intriguing..

4 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

He needs alot of tutoring but his athleticism and that GUN of an arm make him very intriguing..

Dan Pitcher could work with this kid that hasn't tapped the potential

In his game yet 

I think ole Danno would embrace that challenge .

Would Duke and Katy even give it much thought?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

He needs alot of tutoring but his athleticism and that GUN of an arm make him very intriguing..

Dan Pitcher could work with this kid that hasn't tapped the potential

In his game yet 

I think ole Danno would embrace that challenge .

Would Duke and Katy even give it much thought?

Not another project with great potential.

Those guys seem to never work out.

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2024 at 5:46 PM, BlackJesus said:

The top 10 free agent QBs this off-season.

IMG_20240206_234406.jpg

* The only one I would be interested in is Minshew, but not at the expensive cost he will command. 

Browning would be third on that list if available to another team. He'd be an upgrade for teams starting guys like Stidham, O'Connell, and Ridder.

I'd offer him in trade to the Raiders for Mike Mayer. It could be a win-win given the relative positional values. They get a starting QB, we get a starting TE, with McCarron backing up Burrow.

18 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

He needs alot of tutoring but his athleticism and that GUN for an arm make him very intriguing..

No thanks on Milton. He's been in college for ages without turning into much. No team is going to keep him on their 53 so he'll be available for practice squad duty and no need to waste a pick there. I'd rather not even go down that road.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Browning would be third on that list if available to another team. He'd be an upgrade for teams starting guys like Stidham, O'Connell, and Ridder.

I'd offer him in trade to the Raiders for Mike Mayer. It could be a win-win given the relative positional values. They get a starting QB, we get a starting TE, with McCarron backing up Burrow.

No thanks on Milton. He's been in college for ages without turning into much. No team is going to keep him on their 53 so he'll be available for practice squad duty and no need to waste a pick there. I'd rather not even go down that road.

Point taken on Milton.

I don't think the Raiders would' make that trade.

23 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Point taken on Milton.

I don't think the Raiders would' make that trade.

I could see Raiders trading Mayer for Browning. Jake is probably a better and safer option for them than Fields or Howell and wouldn't cost a 1st round pick like McCarthy, Penix, or Nix would if they plan on getting one in the draft. I doubt the Raiders plan to sit tight at QB and simply try to upgrade the surrounding cast for O'Connell. Their cap situation isn't the best so they won't be in on Cousins. 

If he wants playing time, the UFL would no doubt welcome him. If he wants to stay in the NFL, the Bengals should at least offer him a contract. We aren't likely to carry 3 QBs on the 53 man roster but if there's any chance of trading Browning or Burrow getting his annual preseason injury, we should have AJ on speed dial. He's probably better than Trevor Siemien. 

• Upvote 1

As the Board's BattleHawk rep, the phone lines in St Louis are already lit up with the news of AJ's avaialbiity.  His contract with the Bengals precluded him from being rostered by any UFL team, but the BattleHawks retained their rights to him if he were available and expressed interest in playing.

But as far at the team and fanbase are concerned, they're already welcoming him back with open arms.  AJ was, hand-down, the best player across both spring leagues, having him back would instantly launch St Louis into the #1 slot and make them the prohibitive favorites.

Untitled.png

• Like 2

Adding....

Per Howard Balzer (the St Louis equivalent of Paul Daugherty)....

"QB AJ McCarron asked to be released by the Bengals (team announced it today) so he can re-sign with the UFL's St. Louis Battlehawks, where he played last season when they were in the XFL. Hearing that he will officially sign Thursday."

• Like 3