3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I believe Burrow and Browning are now the only non-black QBs in the AFC North. 

Even though Russell Wilson is arguably the "whitest" one of all and culturally makes Burrow look like Malcolm X. ✊🏾

My impression is either heavily medicated or legit a couple wontons short of a pu pu platter.  Or both.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

My impression is either heavily medicated or legit a couple wontons short of a pu pu platter.  Or both.

Wow, I never saw wontons on any PuPu platter I had. Too bad... I missed out. Hard to find one (PPP) these days, sadly. 

11 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Browns are cornering the market on black QBs. Just signed Tyler Huntley after signing Jameis Winston. I really like Huntley. 

We were interested in DTR last draft. Maybe a practice squad guy for us this year?

If the Bengals had any kind of vision they would use Browning to move up in the 2nd and sign DTR to be the backup. Won't happen though, they will keep Browning on the roster. 

13 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

If the Bengals had any kind of vision they would use Browning to move up in the 2nd and sign DTR to be the backup. Won't happen though, they will keep Browning on the roster. 

Interesting thought but given Joe's propensity to miss time - or at least, play less effectively with some malady - I'm OK with having a better backup to actually win games (I know, they won one with DTR but it was the D that won them games, not the offense). Maybe next year, just would rather be going with more of a sure thing. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Interesting thought but given Joe's propensity to miss time - or at least, play less effectively with some malady - I'm OK with having a better backup to actually win games (I know, they won one with DTR but it was the D that won them games, not the offense). Maybe next year, just would rather be going with more of a sure thing. 

Browning is only here for a year now, had we used his success we could turned it into more help for the long term. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Browning is only here for a year now, had we used his success we could turned it into more help for the long term. 

He will be an exclusive rights guy next year too. 

I do like the idea of developing someone this year so we can trade Browning next year. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

He will be an exclusive rights guy next year too. 

I do like the idea of developing someone this year so we can trade Browning next year. 

Interesting, I was not aware of his status next year.

That said I am still a strike while the iron is hot guy and think you can get something for him, and really do right by him in giving him a chance to start somewhere next year.

19 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

That said I am still a strike while the iron is hot guy and think you can get something for him, and really do right by him in giving him a chance to start somewhere next year.

I doubt Browning would fetch much in a trade.  Just look at how little Fields, Pickett, or Mac Jones were traded for.  I’m on board with your idea but the market just doesn’t seem to be there, IMO.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I doubt Browning would fetch much in a trade.  Just look at how little Fields, Pickett, or Mac Jones were traded for.  I’m on board with your idea but the market just doesn’t seem to be there, IMO.

Exactly.  There is no market for Browning.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

He was a 28 year old rookie last year. In fact...now that I think about it if Stroud wasn't so good he should have been on all rookie teams. 

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ Bengals have all the leverage with Browning and Tee for the next 2 years (exclusive rights + double tag)

Mike Brown is like the Godfather petting his cat. They will get what he lets them have. 🎩

• Like 1

6 hours ago, texbengal said:

He's missed time because he's being hit more than any other QB in the NFL when he's active.

They need to fix the problem, not stock up on bandages.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He's missed time because he's being hit more than any other QB in the NFL when he's active.

They need to fix the problem, not stock up on bandages.

Well… sure. But having a good backup QB is important, too. And the OL play hasn’t been the reason for an appendectomy (that we know of) or a calf strain. I love JB as much as the next guy, but he has had, what? One healthy year so far? 

And even with him hopefully taking fewer hits with better OL play, all it takes is one missed block or a big fatty rolling up (no pun intended) on you. 

So I still think if you find a backup QB who can actually help win games for you, that’s invaluable. Even if it’s just as an insurance policy that they hopefully never use. And they have Browning for 2 more years. 

• Upvote 1

Browning certainly has trade value. Overall, he played well last year, with a higher passer rating than most NFL starters, including Burrow. He's old, has bounced around and was basically a rookie last year. He throw too many interceptions. But he also pushed the ball down the field and completed passes at a high rate. 

Some team is going to be starting Drake Maye or Bo Nix this year. Browning has already shown he can play in the NFL. If Denver or Las Vegas doesn't find a rookie they can proclaim to be the future of the franchise, they may call the Bengals. Whether or not the Bengals will trade Browning is the question.

• Upvote 2

I can’t find the final ADOT but he was not pushing the ball down the field. I can’t imagine the ADOT got much better post Vikings game. Probably hovered right around that 6.2 mark.

Could he be a dollar store Purdy? Maybe. But at the same time - there aren’t many teams in the NFL set up like the 9ers or Bengals offensively for that matter.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Browning certainly has trade value. Overall, he played well last year, with a higher passer rating than most NFL starters, including Burrow. He's old, has bounced around and was basically a rookie last year. He throw too many interceptions. But he also pushed the ball down the field and completed passes at a high rate. 

Some team is going to be starting Drake Maye or Bo Nix this year. Browning has already shown he can play in the NFL. If Denver or Las Vegas doesn't find a rookie they can proclaim to be the future of the franchise, they may call the Bengals. Whether or not the Bengals will trade Browning is the question.

No the market says otherwise.  Fields, Pickett, and Mac Jones were all traded for peanuts.  Nobody else is going to trade anything but a late round flyer, possibly in next year’s draft, for Browning.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JC said:

I can’t find the final ADOT but he was not pushing the ball down the field. I can’t imagine the ADOT got much better post Vikings game. Probably hovered right around that 6.2 mark.

Could he be a dollar store Purdy? Maybe. But at the same time - there aren’t many teams in the NFL set up like the 9ers or Bengals offensively for that matter.

Its probabloy on pro football reference. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

No the market says otherwise.  Fields, Pickett, and Mac Jones were all traded for peanuts.  Nobody else is going to trade anything but a late round flyer, possibly in next year’s draft, for Browning.  

All 3 of those guys are living off 1st round hype. Browning put up actual results. Whether that means anything or not to GMs who knows, but there is always a team that misses out on the 1st round QB come draft time that might be looking. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

All 3 of those guys are living off 1st round hype. Browning put up actual results. Whether that means anything or not to GMs who knows, but there is always a team that misses out on the 1st round QB come draft time that might be looking. 

True they’re all former first rounders.  The point is that there’s no market for QB trades right now.  You’d be getting very little in return if there’s any interest at all.  Browning has more value to us since he knows our offense and would be cheap to keep around for the next couple years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

He's not on the market. You don't think Minnesota is planning to trade up for a QB? You don't think Denver or Vegas won't draft a QB? 

Bengals aren't looking to move Browning but he's better than some team's current starters. There is presumably some price that would pry him out of Cincinnati.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

He's not on the market. You don't think Minnesota is planning to trade up for a QB? You don't think Denver or Vegas won't draft a QB? 

Bengals aren't looking to move Browning but he's better than some team's current starters. There is presumably some price that would pry him out of Cincinnati.

That’s all hypothetical.  What we do know is that all of the recent QB trades have been for very little return.  I’m sure there will be more moves during or after the draft.  Very unlikely Browning is moved or would get much in a trade.  The market just isn’t there.

• Upvote 1