1 minute ago, PatternMaster said:

Free agency has been very disappointing this year, it's like going back to school shopping, and instead of going to Abercrombie and Fitch, Mom is shopping us at Value City. 

Stone means they are giving up on Dax in the S spot

Moss may block better than Mixon, but that's about the only thing he does better.

Giseke is a slot guy who wont block at TE.

Maybe they all produce, but I'm very 'meh about it too so far.

Really hope we get Reader back.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Stone means they are giving up on Dax in the S spot

Moss may block better than Mixon, but that's about the only thing he does better.

Giseke is a slot guy who wont block at TE.

Maybe they all produce, but I'm very 'meh about it too so far.

Really hope we get Reader back.

Moss is a much better runner than Mixon. 

• Upvote 1

I have loved free agency

Returned TE who we absolutely needed

Returned a backup LB who basically give us 3 starting LBs

Returned versatile backup G

Returned special teamer at RB with some upside

Got a FS that we needed because our other one couldn't call the plays and the LBs didn't trust him. Was making simple mistakes week 18. 

Got a RB that is younger and more elusive than the other RB we had and he can pass block better

Got a TE/WR who I don't think solves TE but gives us another versatile weapon for this offense and I am never against those. 

We haven't lost a player I wanted back. 

We haven't overpaid for anyone. 

The top WR contract on the market is one that is easily doable for us and could be matched for Higgins

We still have like 30 million to spend or something. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IKOTA said:

Too old, or maybe you don’t know much about football. Either way, it’s ok. 

Played the game a lot—at multiple levels. And I played when there were few player safety rules. So yes, quite old. 

Not getting the snide responses…I have no fight with you. 

37 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

That stat is questionable, because how do they know what to expect on every play..maybe their expectations are too low..

They're scoring based on the film. YOE is a combination of yards after contact (or really yards gained more than average after contact) and yards gained by being quicker than average to the hole or the corner, where an average RB would have been hit and stopped. Achane got a lot of those. 

27 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Moss is a much better runner than Mixon. 

Based on what?

Hes never been a lead back for a NFL team and will probably be the 3rd down back here...he might be a better pass blocker but that remains to be seen because it's one thing blocking in AFC South but when you have to block against Watt, Garrett, and the Ravens defense it's a different story. 

I think we downgraded our RB room and we still need a big back to add to the mix. 

I feel like they are trying to be like the Chiefs, but in AFC North you need to be able to run the ball. The division is very physical and you need a big back that get tough yards and right now I don't see that guy on the roster.

The Browns have Chubb, the Ravens just signed Henry, the Stealers have Harris..we have??? In my opinion, the Bengals need another lead back that move the pile and get some tough yards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Every advanced stat says Mixon basically generated no extra yards and Moss generated a ton. 

Every other stat and the eye test says he's not...advanced stats are not the end all, be all...there's a reason why Moss has never started unless someone is injured. He had a shot in Buffalo to be the guy but couldn't get it done and he had a few good games in Indy, outside of that he's never been more than a rotational piece..

Mixon has more yards, TD's, etc...every stat says Mixon is the better player. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MichaelWeston said:

If you think this is funny you aren't paying attention to what matters. We all saw the difference between Mixon and Brown. 

Lets talk when the season ends and see how that looks. I frankly think some of you are not considering the two offensive lines. And I think you are convincing yourselves that replacing one guy in Mixon is going to change what the running game does. I don't think it's that simple. 

• Upvote 2