Trey Hendrickson requests a trade !

7 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Why do we think Katie is any different and not her fathers daughter 

Thank you for asking this question so I didn't have to 😅 

no ninja

Can't be "Katie's Team" but someone else's fault whenever they do something wrong.  Where does the buck stop, exactly? If you don't think Papa Mike still has final say on things you're fooling yourself.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Principles yes.

You honor your deal as he will.

Integrity.

Ask any player if Mike had that quality?

Nick Scott would say soP didn't honor his word. I guess it's ok cause Nick Scott was garbage.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Thank you for asking this question so I didn't have to 😅 

no ninja

Can't be "Katie's Team" but someone else's fault whenever they do something wrong.  Where does the buck stop, exactly? If you don't think Papa Mike still has final say on things you're fooling yourself.

Until I see them do what they need to be doing AFTER they sign the QB I will always have my doubts.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Until I see them do what they need to be doing AFTER they sign the QB I will always have my doubts.

I've gotten a lot of grief over admitting I'm worried they intend to simply ride his popularity for as long as they can get away with it.  The big OL upgrade was signing a guy that's played one full season in the last 5 years.  Too many half-measures IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sois said:

Nick Scott would say soP didn't honor his word. I guess it's ok cause Nick Scott was garbage.

Yes he was.

He and Irv Smith were disasters.

They still were paid well for non existent performances.

Sometimes u have to cut bait.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes he was.

He and Irv Smith were disasters.

They still were paid well for non existent performances.

Sometimes u have to cut bait.

And sometimes you have to hold out our demand trade to get your billions

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Maybe .

You know that doesn't work with the Bengals.

You sign. you play .they pay.

Still an amateur hour shop after all these years I guess. Make an exception for your best defender and top 3 talent in the team.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sois said:

Good businesses are flexible

Good businesses understand they're not the only hot dog stand in Hungrytown. There are 31 other teams out there for whom success means working to make sure everyone else fails. There are a handful that are trainwrecks no one should try to emulate but for the most part it's an open competition for talent. An individual owner's moral code or ideas about what's fair & right or wrong don't amount to shit. If even a handful of those other teams are willing to pay someone X amount, that's the standard. If they're willing to spend X amount on scouts, coaching, facilities, or free Gatorade then that is the standard everyone else has to try to match. How ownership feels about it doesn't matter.

It has at times seemed like the Bengals FO were trying to win a merit badge that doesn't exist. There are Superbowl trophies and then there's whether everyone thinks Mike Brown is a smart businessman & swell guy. It's not always been clear which of those 2 things were the goal.

• Upvote 2

Ok. Well our hotdog stand has the most prime, kosher, no butthole containing weiners in the world and we are about to let the brioche buns become disgruntled because the owner has his little "rules". 

There are windows in this game. I don't want to go back to the vienna sausage red rockets. We have thick, juicy, girthy bratwursts for sale now and we need all of the prime condiments.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sois said:

Ok. Well our hotdog stand has the most prime, kosher, no butthole containing weiners in the world and we are about to let the brioche buns become disgruntled because the owner has his little "rules". 

There are windows in this game. I don't want to go back to the vienna sausage red rockets. We have thick, juicy, girthy bratwursts for sale now and we need all of the prime condiments.

I'm getting hungry..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Janes Hardin is a gypsy player.

His winds up a malcontent everywhere he's been

The Beard has nothing to do with it. Daryl Morey is a lying sack of crap. 

Owners and/or GM’s have been known to pull the bait and switch. Or is this not possible? 

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Do we think he seriously would retire? Because he's not getting traded.

I don't.  Not this year at least.

I could see him hold out until they start the regular season, playing and then "retiring" (without actually filing the paper work) immediately after the season to force a trade.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BBR said:

I could see him hold out until they start the regular season, playing and then "retiring" (without actually filing the paper work) immediately after the season to force a trade.

Force a trade? From the Bengals? LOL

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BBR said:

Same. So if he and Tee hold out till the season starts do we think it prevents us from getting a fast start?

• Upvote 1

The big difference between Tee or Trey holding out is that Tee is not under contract because he hasn't signed the franchise tag so he can't be fined for missing time. Trey, however, is under contract and can face pretty harsh fines if he were to skip out on training camp and any other mandatory practices. I believe these fines aren't even up to the team to dole out or not. If I recall, they are given by default based on the CBA and the team has no say in it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I expect the Bengals to start with 2 away games - Stealers should be up for game 1 (Browns & Ravens last 2 years) and someone like the Panthers.  So, no I think we'll have to winnable games to start off the season.  Plus it's not like everyone else on the team won't be practicing and I don't think Higgins or Hendrickson are going to just sit on the couch all summer eating chips ans salsa non-stop.  I'd expect both of them to come in ready to go.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I don't see Tee or Trey holding out

but yeah it could have consequences .

I think at least one of them hold out until the start of the season.

14 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

The big difference between Tee or Trey holding out is that Tee is not under contract because he hasn't signed the franchise tag so he can't be fined for missing time. Trey, however, is under contract and can face pretty harsh fines if he were to skip out on training camp and any other mandatory practices. I believe these fines aren't even up to the team to dole out or not. If I recall, they are given by default based on the CBA and the team has no say in it.

When is the final day he can sign it?