Burrow on Madden Cover?

^ I wonder how early that decision on who the cover person has to be. For programming the game etc. 

Perhaps the decision is made a year in advance and they picked Burrow after he signed the biggest contact ever and before he was hurt.

37 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Maybe just a month or two before release. 

To me that seems too quick, if you consider they need to program in the voice, shoot the shots, print all the materials in manufacturing etc.

I can't believe the info doesn't leak way in advance, as clearly some factory workers in China? have printed the inserts already. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

^ I wonder how early that decision on who the cover person has to be. For programming the game etc. 

Perhaps the decision is made a year in advance and they picked Burrow after he signed the biggest contact ever and before he was hurt.

I imagine there is alot of reuse of old code for a lot of the programming so that they can keep things going year to year, while adding new features. The cover would take the least amount of time in the whole process. It's not like securing a place for the draft where they have a lot of logistics to do that they need that much time. I imagine they probably only need a few weeks to ask the player and secure all the contract stuff.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

To me that seems too quick, if you consider they need to program in the voice, shoot the shots, print all the materials in manufacturing etc.

I can't believe the info doesn't leak way in advance, as clearly some factory workers in China? have printed the inserts already. 

Yeah but they are programming voices for all the players for the whole game so it's not something that needs to be put into consideration. 

Have no idea if Burrow will be on the Madden cover or not, but if so I don't want to hear anyone talk about "curse" nonsense. How can Burrow's luck get worse? You could write a book on all of the oddities that have happened to him since he joined the Bengals. Here are just 2 incredibly unlikely examples:

- In 2022, right at the start of training camp, Burrow had a ruptured appendix that required emergency surgery. As a result of that he lost a ton of good weight over the next couple of weeks. Maybe 20-25 pounds. There were almost 3000 players total on the 32 NFL teams. Could have happened to any of them...but it only happened to Burrow. I haven't found an example of another NFL player having in-season appendix surgery going back at least a decade...only Joe Burrow.

- In week 11 last season Burrow suffered an incredibly rare season-ending wrist injury to his throwing hand. Like most professionals do in that case, Burrow immediately sought out other QBs who had suffered the same wrist to their throwing hands...this to gather more info on possible treatments and recovery timelines. Turns out he could not find another current or ex NFL QB who had ever suffered that particular wrist injury before, even in a potential pool of thousands of QBs who play/have played for the 32 NFL teams. There are hundreds of college teams at various levels across America. Surely one QB had suffered the same wrist injury, and could help give him info to aid his own recovery, right? Nope, still looking. Maybe one of the reasons he talked about this at his last press conference was to find some QB somewhere, at any pro/college/HS level that had dealt with this before.

What are the odds that the same player - doesn't even have to be a franchise QB - would have been the only one to suffer both of these highly improbable setbacks? It has to be like the odds of "winning" the same lottery that no one would ever want to win. So maybe a Madden cover would actually work like a reverse mojo and change Burrow's luck for the better,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2