Anyone else having issues with mobile phone access to site?

All of a sudden starting yesterday afternoon the mobile version of the forum won't come up for me on the iPhone, and when the web version comes up, it won't accept my login and password. I can still access the site as normal on computers/laptops, but not the phone. 

Anybody else having this issue in last 24 hours?

Yes, there was a small upgrade installed on the forum and it fucked up mine as well. My iPhone 6 exhibited the same symptoms, but my work android was fine.

On my iPhone I was able to get it to load in Chrome by clicking the 3 vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner and choosing 'Request Desktop Site'.

In Safari, load the site, then tap the address bar which will populate the bookmarks/favorites page. Drag that window down and the Request Desktop Site option will be there.

There was definitely a bug in this upgrade on the mobile side...

What browser are you on? You need to get it to load desktop view.

Safari on IPhone 5c. Never had any issues like this before and there have been no updates to my Safari or Iphone recently to have caused this.

The desktop view loads up when I visit the page and it allows me to log in (somewhat) but does not give me any options to post replies. It also only "shows me" as logged in on the list of current users at the bottom but not in the top right corner (where I can access my profile, check messages and such).

In the bottom left hand corner where I usually had an option to switch back and forth between desktop/mobile (in case I wanted to rep a post or whatnot) there is no option there anymore. Only the podcast button, Help, Privacy Policy and T&C's links are there now.

Safari on IPhone 5c. Never had any issues like this before and there have been no updates to my Safari or Iphone recently to have caused this.

The desktop view loads up when I visit the page and it allows me to log in (somewhat) but does not give me any options to post replies. It also only "shows me" as logged in on the list of current users at the bottom but not in the top right corner (where I can access my profile, check messages and such).

In the bottom left hand corner where I usually had an option to switch back and forth between desktop/mobile (in case I wanted to rep a post or whatnot) there is no option there anymore. Only the podcast button, Help, Privacy Policy and T&C's links are there now.

It was an update to the forum software causing issues, not to your phone. To get the option to switch it back to mobile you have to load the desktop site (don't know why as of yet). With the forum loaded, tap the address bar in Safari, then pull the screen down. That will show the option to Add to Favorites and Request Desktop Site. Tap Request Desktop Site, then when the page loads, the option for changing to the mobile skin will be available again.

Safari has been acting inconsistent even with this workaround, so you might want to consider using Chrome until Go can figure out what the hell IPB did to cause this. Sorry for the hassle, but I'm in the same boat if that makes you feel any better...

Elflocko, on 14 Jun 2015 - 1:44 PM, said:

It was an update to the forum software causing issues, not to your phone. To get the option to switch it back to mobile you have to load the desktop site (don't know why as of yet). With the forum loaded, tap the address bar in Safari, then pull the screen down. That will show the option to Add to Favorites and Request Desktop Site. Tap Request Desktop Site, then when the page loads, the option for changing to the mobile skin will be available again.

Safari has been acting inconsistent even with this workaround, so you might want to consider using Chrome until Go can figure out what the hell IPB did to cause this. Sorry for the hassle, but I'm in the same boat if that makes you feel any better...

Amen & hallelujah that did the trick!!

Thank you my good man! Much appreciated :headbang:

My Android started getting an ad for an Uber app that kicked me out of this site and kind of took over the phone, only on this site a few weeks ago. That's with the native browser. If I use chrome it doesn't come up.

Might be an issue with my phone rather than this site, but it's the only thing I've had happen like that on my phone.

Archived