Please help with an argument with my son

Storm

My son paid $70 for an ugly pair of plastic shoes and we have an argument over whether he got ripped off or not, he thinks he got a great deal and I think he got burned.

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/stormincincy/shoes003.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Storm' post='527172' date='Aug 13 2007, 04:52 PM']My son paid $70 for an ugly pair of plastic shoes and we have an argument over whether he got ripped off or not, he thinks he got a great deal and I think he got burned.

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/stormincincy/shoes003.jpg[/img][/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Even though $70 isnt bad considering the prices of shoes now adays........ but those things are ugly.[/b][/color] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/31.gif[/img]

Thanks Guys, Advantage Dad B)

Only good thing about it is I was prepared to spend up to $150 for a pair, we went to the Florence Mall and then the Eastgate mall and spent 4 hours between the Finish Line and Champs and I almost went to Cincinnati Mills but got frustrated with his lack of good taste and drove home without buying anything then his friend called and told him he had those for sale.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='527259' date='Aug 13 2007, 11:48 PM']on a serious note though Storm, since you were almost ready to spend a $150 anyways, you should let the boy have them shoes if thats what he wants. they are ugly and all, but thats his decision. and that way he cant come back crying to you about them.[/quote]

He has them, I just don't understand his taste -_-

Those are Air Jordan 1's - the originals - the genesis of the entire line of Air Jordans and a recognized milestone in basketball shoe evolution. Notice the winged basketball logo. Shame on you all for not recognizing these historic sneakers - shame on sneaky especially! :huh:

My suggestion is to compliment your son on his timeless taste and appreciation of sports apparel history, and give [i]yourself[/i] a spanking!

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='527268' date='Aug 13 2007, 07:59 PM']Those are Air Jordan 1's - the originals - the genesis of the entire line of Air Jordans and a recognized milestone in basketball shoe evolution. Notice the winged basketball logo. Shame on you all for not recognizing these historic sneakers - shame on sneaky especially! :huh:

My suggestion is to compliment your son on his timeless taste and appreciation of sports apparel history, and give [i]yourself[/i] a spanking![/quote]

i knew what they were, and i still thought they were ugly then!

of course i could on afford BK's back in the day, and my boys used to tell me " whats up with dem burger kings dawg " <_<

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='527268' date='Aug 14 2007, 12:59 AM']Those are Air Jordan 1's - the originals - the genesis of the entire line of Air Jordans and a recognized milestone in basketball shoe evolution. Notice the winged basketball logo. Shame on you all for not recognizing these historic sneakers - shame on sneaky especially! :huh:

My suggestion is to compliment your son on his timeless taste and appreciation of sports apparel history, and give [i]yourself[/i] a spanking![/quote]
uh oh...

another even sneaky post....

:ninja:

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='527300' date='Aug 13 2007, 08:03 PM']what are you talking about, i thought you still have it :shrug:[/quote]

I cut it off bout 2 years ago. Right after I moved to Wisconsin.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='527301' date='Aug 13 2007, 08:03 PM']He cut it off a long time ago...[/quote]

Yeah. Wish I would have kept it. I could have used it for a scarf up here
in the Winter !

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='527307' date='Aug 13 2007, 08:19 PM']no he didn't :P

[img]http://www.scripting.se/gatan/mullet.jpg[/img][/quote]

I look better than that f'ugly mo-fo !

I never understood how shoes were ever justified being so fucking costly. Pay an extra 50-100 bucks just because it has someones damned name on it.

My brother was always like that growing up. Pay outlandish prices on Jordans or Fila or any other shit like that. Unless those bitches are patent leather and dress shoes there is NO justification.

But i guess thats just me, i didnt grow up as the name brand child, i knew where bargains were andif it meant buying generic or off brand clothes or shoes, that was fine with me. Im not the one spending retarded prices on stuff i can pay half as much for that looks the same, just to pay some bastards salary who endorses the product. I had my pair of imitation BKs in high school, 1/3 the price and looked EXACTLY like the real thing.

I was always the one with $25 Airwalks (before they became mainstream and crap) that lasted 8 years while my brother was the one that had to replace shoes every other month and shell out another 90-130 for another pair that was going to fall apart in 2 months time.

70 bucks for Air Jordan 1 isn't a bad deal. Remember though, I'm the wrong person to ask. I've got the Air Jordan collection going over here in Japan. As for them being ugly, you're just old. Try not to be such a douche, man. Try to remember back to a day when you were that age and you did things or bought things that your parents didn't like. Don't even try to tell us that didn't happen either. You were a teenager once too. Don't forget that. Give the kid a break.
MULLY
I have a pair just like them

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='527328' date='Aug 13 2007, 09:52 PM']70 bucks for Air Jordan 1 isn't a bad deal. Remember though, I'm the wrong person to ask. I've got the Air Jordan collection going over here in Japan. As for them being ugly, you're just old. Try not to be such a douche, man. Try to remember back to a day when you were that age and you did things or bought things that your parents didn't like. Don't even try to tell us that didn't happen either. You were a teenager once too. Don't forget that. Give the kid a break.
MULLY
I have a pair just like them[/quote]

Mully, you gotta remember when Storm was a teenager all they had in style was these :D

[img]http://www.billperkins.net/images/sandles2.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='527335' date='Aug 13 2007, 10:03 PM']Mully, you gotta remember when Storm was a teenager all they had in style was these :D

[img]http://www.billperkins.net/images/sandles2.jpg[/img][/quote]

That's nothing, when Backer was a teenager they didnt even have shoes. -_-

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='527294' date='Aug 13 2007, 08:44 PM']those shoes aint ugly. i think he's probably a teenager and most of ya'll are older people and just have way different tastes on most things, like sneakers[/quote]
im not old and those are the GAYEST looking shoes ever. without a doubt he should be beaten for wearing them.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='527339' date='Aug 14 2007, 11:14 AM']That's nothing, when Backer was a teenager they didnt even have shoes. -_-[/quote]I heard that that new creation museum has a dinosuar wearing a saddle. Did Backer donate the saddle? :lol: MULLY[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='527352' date='Aug 14 2007, 11:29 AM']im not old and those are the GAYEST looking shoes ever. without a doubt he should be beaten for wearing them.[/quote]Your ass sucks buttermilk. :D MULLY

Archived