Reche Caldwell released by Patriots

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but we need to sign this guy up and give Chatman's ass the boot. He would be a great #3 receiver for the 1st 8 games, and when Henry returns, we would have the best 4 receivers in the NFL. He would also bring some much needed experience, since other than Chad, TJ and Henry, only Tab has more than 1 year in the NFL.

[quote name='schotzee' post='539680' date='Sep 3 2007, 06:10 PM']Sell him to us,without us having to research his stats. :D[/quote]He's 6'0 210 poundsWell he has been in the league for 5 years. Drafted by the Chargers in the 2nd round of the 2002 draft from the University of Florida.Was the Patriots #1 receiver last season with 61 catches (41 for 1st downs) for 760 yards and 4 touchdowns. Also had 16 catches for 176 yards and a touchdown in the playoffs.Is unselfish and a team player. No arrests.[quote name='Bengals1181' post='539685' date='Sep 3 2007, 06:17 PM']dude can't catch a cold.[/quote]Well that's better than Chatman, who has "caught" everything but a ball.

[quote name='Actium' post='539683' date='Sep 3 2007, 06:12 PM']He did pretty well during the regular season. He was the Pats' leading WR.[/quote]

Anyone can be the Pats' leading WR. Troy Brown, David Givens, David Patten, Reche Caldwell, etc. Deion Branch was the only one who was particularly good and even he hasn't really done anything since leaving New England.

That being said, he can get on the field so in my book that automatically makes him an upgrade over Chatman.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='539687' date='Sep 3 2007, 05:18 PM']Anyone can be the Pats' leading WR. Troy Brown, David Givens, David Patten, Reche Caldwell, etc. Deion Branch was the only one who was particularly good and even he hasn't really done anything since leaving New England.

That being said, he can get on the field so in my book that automatically makes him an upgrade over Chatman.[/quote]

I definitely agree that the Pats O is a system. Which incidentally is why I don't think Brady's #s will change at all this season--same solid performance of around 25 TDs and 3500 yards.

Caldwell would be a decent #3 until Henry comes back, but I still think Tab can do it. And I really like this guy Trannon whom the Cards cut (he's 6'6"). I've talked about him a lot and I don't know if he got claimed off of waivers, but he looked really good during the preseason.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='539685' date='Sep 3 2007, 06:17 PM']dude can't catch a cold.[/quote]
According to the stats, Caldwell caught 60% of the passes thrown his way. Chad caught 57% and Housh at 68%. Also as far as I can find, he only dropped 1 pass in all of the 2006 regular season (1 out of 102 thrown his way), although he dropped 2 in the AFC championship game.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='539694' date='Sep 3 2007, 05:27 PM']According to the stats, Caldwell caught 60% of the passes thrown his way. Chad caught 57% and Housh at 68%. Also as far as I can find, he only dropped 1 pass in all of the 2006 regular season (1 out of 102 thrown his way), although he dropped 2 in the AFC championship game.[/quote]

Passes thrown your way is a BS stat. Some wide outs go deep, some long some over the middle. Depending on your sue this number will vary a bunch.

# of drops is the key. Interesting ---- only 1 all season but 2 in teh Championship game.

[quote name='Actium' post='539691' date='Sep 3 2007, 06:23 PM']I definitely agree that the Pats O is a system. Which incidentally is why I don't think Brady's #s will change at all this season--same solid performance of around 25 TDs and 3500 yards.

Caldwell would be a decent #3 until Henry comes back, but I still think Tab can do it. And I really like this guy Trannon whom the Cards cut (he's 6'6"). I've talked about him a lot and I don't know if he got claimed off of waivers, but he looked really good during the preseason.[/quote]

I've always been intrigued by Trannon. He was uncoverable at times in college for MSU. But he struggled with injuries and might have had some academic issues. He's the king of guywho I would not be surprised if he made an impact somewhere, maybe as an Antonio Gates type of TE.

Caldwell will be happy here now that KK is gone...his bell is still ringing....stupid flag, bad penalty....
I wouldn't mind a tryout, but whom do we get rid of to accomodate him on the roster, and how much better will he be than say, Tab, and for how much more money?
It would be sweet though if we actually got him and Carson passed him the game winning TD against the Pats when we play them....
I doubt he comes here though....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='539715' date='Sep 3 2007, 06:45 PM']Caldwell will be happy here now that KK is gone...his bell is still ringing....stupid flag, bad penalty....
I wouldn't mind a tryout, but whom do we get rid of to accomodate him on the roster, and how much better will he be than say, Tab, and for how much more money?
It would be sweet though if we actually got him and Carson passed him the game winning TD against the Pats when we play them....
I doubt he comes here though....[/quote]

He could take Chatman's roster spot. I don't know how much he'd play when Henry comes back, but you can never have too many good WRs. He has his problems and he looks goofy but I think he would be a welcome addition.

[quote name='Actium' post='539717' date='Sep 3 2007, 05:55 PM']He could take Chatman's roster spot. I don't know how much he'd play when Henry comes back, but you can never have too many good WRs. He has his problems and he looks goofy but I think he would be a welcome addition.[/quote]
Yup. I remember watching Chatman play when Green Bay had so many WR injuries and I thought, "wow, that dude is pretty good!" and then ever since he's been a Bengal, he's been absolutely worthless. I am surprised that he survived the cuts. With that said, maybe we are holding out for a better player, or we like him because of his experience. Either way, if you cannot stay healthy, you can't play.
He must have some upside that we haven't seen.

I'm not a fan, but he's got a lot more experience than anyone else the Bengals have, save for the starters. He never really produced in SD, but he did OK in NE last year, except for the playoff drops. I'm a bit surprised that he couldn't beat out Kelley Washington.

Since he's healthy and has some size, and that's more than we can say for Chatman, I say what the hell.

[quote name='texbengal' post='539736' date='Sep 3 2007, 09:02 PM']I'm not a fan, but he's got a lot more experience than anyone else the Bengals have, save for the starters. He never really produced in SD, but he did OK in NE last year, except for the playoff drops. I'm a bit surprised that he couldn't beat out Kelley Washington.

Since he's healthy and has some size, and that's more than we can say for Chatman, I say what the hell.[/quote]

I think those drops sealed his fate in NE...
Im concerned with Tab Perry being the starter....a hip injury is serious and who knows how it will recact to some big hits time and time again.. Chatman and Holt are hammies waiting to tear and Green in unknown commodity...
Caldwell put up decent numbers and stayed on the field....
Yeah Id bring him in and cut Chatman.

Archived