The Official "How Much do you loathe Kornholio" Thread

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='544540' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:45 AM']Statistically or not, anyone that really watched the game knows that carson didnt have an Elite game, or even a great game for that matter. But thats not the point, he is still an elite QB one of the top 3 in the game and he'll prove that over the course of the season.[/quote]

He didn't do as well as he could have, but for the first game against the Ravens D without one of his favorite receivers he did pretty well. Kornholio made it sound like he was still at Bolller's level or something.

I cant see too many QB's in football putting up guady stats against that defense the Ravens put on the field last night....
He Managed the game.. He stayed away from throwing into coverage.. He took what the Ravens gave him.. He was victim of a couple dropped passes and still put up a 100 rating..
props to him..

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='544533' date='Sep 11 2007, 02:28 AM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]His 'kibitz shtick' is entertaining for one half as is his layered ambiguous humor ... then he becomes an annoying yenta ... especially when the game gets tight. [/b][/size][/font][/quote]
I know. I know. Each time he opened his yap, I could plotz. The nudnik, his shmeckle should turn brown and fall off.

Kornholio failed to realise Palmer was up against the best defense in league. He makes it sound so easy the way he goes on. Also, having your best #3 receiving option isn't gonna gonna help either.

One thing I did observe, we need a consistent pass catching threat at TE, who could work the middle. Palmer could have used that last night when the Ravens adjusted in the 2nd half by taking away the outside receivers.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='544540' date='Sep 11 2007, 02:45 AM']Statistically or not, anyone that really watched the game knows that carson didnt have an Elite game, or even a great game for that matter. But thats not the point, he is still an elite QB one of the top 3 in the game and he'll prove that over the course of the season.[/quote]

Yeah and Peyton Manning looked great against this defense too.

Kornholer is just playing devil's advocate with Jaws, problem is, he comes off as a total dumbass.

Goddam how do you guys put up with that?

Because of the "we only get the main games" problem in the UK I'm used to Brad and Lap on commentary. They're respectful to each other, don't talk over each other, and actually talk about what's going on on the field.

Those three were yelling over each other, talking about any old fucking bullshit, and the guy in the middle who talked nearly non-stop for three hours had [b]nothing[/b] of value to say. Continually saying the same stuff over and over doesn't make the ridiculousness of his point any more valid, it just highlights how little he knows.

Carson is, end of story, an elite QB. Now if we were playing that Jets D, or that Saints D, Carson would have about 600 yards lol.

Hells teeth I just wanted to punch him. A lot. At least say something about the fucking game you dickwad.
VB

The thing I don't understand is MNF's insistance that they have to have a dumbass there just to carry conversation. As bad as Gumble was at least he attempted to keep it on the field and Collinsworth is one of the best out there, IMO. But MNF should just either go with the two and drop Korn-dumbass or get someone else that knows what they're doing. I liked listening to Ditka last night in the 49er game - bring him in. He's colorful and adds some insight into the actual game. Not a bunch of stupid shit.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='544600' date='Sep 11 2007, 06:54 AM']Goddam how do you guys put up with that?

Because of the "we only get the main games" problem in the UK I'm used to Brad and Lap on commentary. They're respectful to each other, don't talk over each other, and actually talk about what's going on on the field.

Those three were yelling over each other, talking about any old fucking bullshit, and the guy in the middle who talked nearly non-stop for three hours had [b]nothing[/b] of value to say. Continually saying the same stuff over and over doesn't make the ridiculousness of his point any more valid, it just highlights how little he knows.

Carson is, end of story, an elite QB. Now if we were playing that Jets D, or that Saints D, Carson would have about 600 yards lol.

Hells teeth I just wanted to punch him. A lot. At least say something about the fucking game you dickwad.
VB[/quote]
Hey Von, did you watch the game live on Channel 5, with Mike Carlson?

The only guy that was half decent on the ESPN team was Ron Jaworski.

The Colts scored 15 points (5 FG`s) against that Defense last year in the Playoffs.

Manning (yeah THAT Manning) threw for 170 yards, 0 TD`s and 2 INT`s. And had a QB rating of 39.6.
The Colts Offense gained 261 yards TOTAL against the Ravens.
(The Bengals had 236 yards Offense last tonight).
Palmer had a QB rating of 100.3 and threw 2 TD`s and 0 INT`s.

Their Defense makes a lot of Offenses and Elite QB`s look bad.

I admit I didn`t hear Kornholio. I have a built in ability to ignore annoying people.
I aquired that trait from being married . . .

Wow...I guess I will be the lone voice in favor of the the MNF crew including Kornheiser. I really like what he brings to the Monday night game. I mean his whole opening monologue was about what a good guy Chad Johnson was and how what he did was so different from the idiots like T.O. He brings a different perspective to the booth that I enjoy. :265:

Tony K. is actually a pretty decent guy, he just plays his gimmick well. He was brought into the booth to stir things up and be the "bad guy." It's just like on pro wrestling... the play by play guy is the straight man and the color guy is the heel. It's a pretty lame formula for football, but I'm sure that's where they got it from.

[quote name='natethesnake' post='544671' date='Sep 11 2007, 08:45 AM']Tony K. is actually a pretty decent guy, he just plays his gimmick well. He was brought into the booth to stir things up and be the "bad guy." It's just like on pro wrestling... the play by play guy is the straight man and the color guy is the heel. It's a pretty lame formula for football, but I'm sure that's where they got it from.[/quote]

I'd rather have Jerry "The King" Lawler in there

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='544533' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:28 AM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]His 'kibitz shtick' is entertaining for one half as is his layered ambiguous humor ... then he becomes an annoying yenta ... especially when the game gets tight. [/b][/size][/font][/quote]
Now you're speaking my language :ninja:

[quote name='Gonzoid' post='544594' date='Sep 11 2007, 07:39 AM']I know. I know. Each time he opened his yap, I could plotz. The nudnik, his shmeckle should turn brown and fall off.[/quote]

:lol:

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Gotta love yiddish

Kornheiser even threw out a 'Mazel Tov' at Halftime [/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='544624' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:43 PM']Hey VB, did you watch the game live on Channel 5, with Mike Carlson?[/quote]

Nope. I watched the Sky coverage. I love Mikes analysis but hate the guy he's working with. Whereas with Nick Halling I just enjoy watching him having to watch the Bengals do well, Stealer fan that he is.
VB

[quote name='natethesnake' post='544671' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:45 AM']Tony K. is actually a pretty decent guy, he just plays his gimmick well. He was brought into the booth to stir things up and be the "bad guy." It's just like on pro wrestling... the play by play guy is the straight man and the color guy is the heel. It's a pretty lame formula for football, but I'm sure that's where they got it from.[/quote]

So in summation, Tony K. = Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

-jd

Archived