= The 100 People who most Influenced Human History

BlackJesus

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3]
[b]More thoughts

~ I am sure that Martin Luther is pissed to see 2 Jews ahead of him

~ At least Marx beat out Adam Smith ^_^

~ Napoleon one spot behind Alexander ... he falls 'short' (historical pun)

~ People forget Cortes killed far more people than Hitler

~ Plato is pissed to see Aristotle beat him out

~ Mozart is pissed to see Beethoven and Bach beat him out .... here is a little secret though ... Wagner is better than all 3. [/b][/size][/font]

[color="#2F4F4F"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Also I have always wondered how you get a "The great" after your name ?

Is there some kind of committee ?

Is there a limit of how many years you have to wait ?

How come Peter has it and not Napoleon ?

Where would one apply for "the great" addition ? [/b][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='547748' date='Sep 14 2007, 06:51 PM'][color="#2F4F4F"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Also I have always wondered how you get a "The great" after your name ?

Is there some kind of committee ?

Is there a limit of how many years you have to wait ?
How come Peter has it and not Napoleon ?

Where would one apply for "the great" addition ? [/b][/size][/font][/color][/quote]

Some people do call Napoleon "the Great"

Probably happens more so when you are the second or after of your name--wasn't Peter like the II, and Alexander the III? I'm not exactly sure about their numerals but they are not the first, whereas Napoleon was I--and Napoleon II and Napoleon III weren't quite as memorable, although III wasn't too bad at all

Edit: I was wrong about Peter--he was I, so disregard that theory

[color="#FF0000"][b]
[u]
Here is my top 10 list of the most influential people in human history[/u]

#1. Jesus......he died on the cross for our sins, you bitches and according to the "DaVincci Code" was an undercover pimp.

#2. Muhammad.....the prophet of Islam and founder of 7/11.

#3 Martin Luther King Jr.......had a dream to take black folks to the promised land......would probably change his mind today.

#4. Marvin Lewis....transformed the worst team in the NFL to future champions

#5. Thomas Jefferson...American hero as well as fathering more black children than any current NBA player.

#6. All the Japanese people who created video games........dont know who the hell they are but God bless them.

#7. Lexington Steele.....the impaler of white women

#8. Colin Ferguson....after white people put a computer chip in his brain he became a victim of "black rage". -_-

#9. Nat Turner......57 dead slave owners....pure bad ass.

#10. Mahatma Gandhi..........greatest minds ever....battled the "anorexic" all his life.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='547768' date='Sep 14 2007, 08:45 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]
[u]
Here is my top 10 list of the most influential people in human history[/u]
[/b][/color][/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Nice ... but don't forget the New Orleans Beer Looter or Don Kings hair dresser [/b][/size][/font]

[quote]The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History is a [size=4][b]1978[/b][/size] book by Michael H. Hart.

95.) Mikhail Gorbachev , --- Russian premier[/quote]

Huh?

First of all, how did he make a list published in 1978?

Second of all, if he is on this list, Ronald Reagan should also be on this list because he had a LOT do do with the fall of the Soviet empire and the end of the cold war.

And Jesus should be #1 on the list. There are a lot of people in that Top 100 who were his followers, that would not be there were it not for him. And the first hospitals were all Christian.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='547705' date='Sep 14 2007, 08:26 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]To some he is the son of God ... Hindus says He is an incarnation of Krishna, Buddhists say He is only another path, to others he is a prophet, to others a heretic or self loathing Jew, to others a guy with a good imagination, and to others a fictional creation.

However I believe it was not Hart's intent to look at the list from a religiously dogmatic perspective (although he is Christian). [b]Because then you get into issues of ... is Muhammad the 'author & creator' of the Quran or simply Allah's messanger etc.[/b] [/b][/size][/font][/quote]

The consistency of the Quran, also the information contained therein which is only now able to be backed by science along with knowledge of the solar sytem, mountains, cloud formations etc that one gets from reading it.... is not able to be "authored" by an illiterate man.

As for the list, I'd definitely would have included Ghandi and he would be in the 80 range at worst...IMO.

[quote name='Jason' post='547947' date='Sep 15 2007, 09:39 AM']Huh?

First of all, how did he make a list published in 1978?

Second of all, if he is on this list, Ronald Reagan should also be on this list because he had a LOT do do with the fall of the Soviet empire and the end of the cold war.

And Jesus should be #1 on the list. There are a lot of people in that Top 100 who were his followers, that would not be there were it not for him. And the first hospitals were all Christian.[/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]- The original publication was 1978 ... this list is from the updated version of the book which I believe came out in the 90's.

- Not sure where you are getting that the first hospitals were all Christian from (I would be interested to see whatever info you have related to that).

- I agree Jesus's impact is huge ... however the author is using the justification that Jesus and Paul share the growth of Christianity. Hence they both are in the top 10. Also of note ... Jesus preached for 2 years ... Muhammad for over 30 ... and Jesus died with about 100 followers ... while at the time of Muhammad's death he had millions (and had conquered most of the known world). I think a case could be made for both of them ... but I think you have to recognize there are reasons for Muhammad being #1 as well --- just looking at influence. [/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='548060' date='Sep 15 2007, 04:13 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]- The original publication was 1978 ... this list is from the updated version of the book which I believe came out in the 90's.

[color="#FF0000"]- Not sure where you are getting that the first hospitals were all Christian from (I would be interested to see whatever info you have related to that).
[/color]
- I agree Jesus's impact is huge ... however the author is using the justification that Jesus and Paul share the growth of Christianity. Hence they both are in the top 10. Also of note ... Jesus preached for 2 years ... Muhammad for over 30 ... and Jesus died with about 100 followers ... while at the time of Muhammad's death he had millions (and had conquered most of the known world). I think a case could be made for both of them ... but I think you have to recognize there are reasons for Muhammad being #1 as well --- just looking at influence. [/b][/size][/font][/quote]

I don't remember where I heard that, but I'll try to find something.

[quote name='Jason' post='548104' date='Sep 15 2007, 07:16 PM']I don't remember where I heard that, but I'll try to find something.[/quote]

Is this what your talking about?

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital[/url]

[quote]The adoption of Christianity as the state religion of the empire drove an expansion of the provision of care. The First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. urged the Church to provide for the poor, sick, widows and strangers. It ordered the construction of a hospital in every cathedral town. Among the earliest were those built by the physician Saint Sampson in Constantinople and by Basil, bishop of Caesarea. The latter was attached to a monastery and provided lodgings for poor and travelers, as well as treating the sick and infirm. There was a separate section for lepers.[7][/quote]

[quote name='Jason' post='548104' date='Sep 15 2007, 06:16 PM']I don't remember where I heard that, but I'll try to find something.[/quote]

Maybe you are thinking of the Crusading Order of the Knights Hospitallers. I don't think they invented them but they certainly advanced and improved them.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Hospitaller"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Hospitaller[/url]

Archived