It all comes down to coaching

Yeah, lets change the coaches and then see what happens.....maybe a trip down memory lane? Does no one remeber just a few years ago when only fans called the team the Bengals and EVERYONE else called them the Bungals? Im not sure what you guys expect, for the most part it takes a while to build a solid team. I think it is unrealistic to deal the coaches a pretty bad hand and expect them to come out with a royal flush.

By the way, I think the players have a little bit to do with the loss, just a little.....come on now you did watch the game today right?
If your getting paid millions to catch a football, theres almost no excuse for dropping it like that. Maybe we should be a little disappointed in the players. I see an incredibly talented group of guys who decide to show up on some days and then don't show up on other days.

If you really analyze the last two games they have come down to turn overs and lack of execution on special teams. You can change coaches all you want, but that still doesn't help players protect the ball and do their job.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='556157' date='Sep 23 2007, 09:50 PM']Challenge by Lewis on the fumble... the challenge should have been whether it was a complettion or not and they would have won upon review...would have been 3rd and 18 instead of 2nd and 10.. Lewis called a challenge on whether he fumbled..
Why did he do that?????????????????[/quote]

you sure bout that?

coaching had nothing to do with the loss. this might be the dumbest fucking thing ive ever heard. 2 redzone opps that werent TDs. too many punts. 2 INTs, 2 fumbles.

my lap comment of the day, "this was a game of 2's!"

our defense gave us a good enouhg game to win and we were playing with fucking free agents at LB. the coaches didnt do anything wrong. they cant go out and execute. i only bitched about 1 play the entire game and that was the 3rd and 1 pitch, other than that i have no complaints about the coaching.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='556156' date='Sep 23 2007, 09:50 PM']Yeah, lets change the coaches and then see what happens.....maybe a trip down memory lane? Does no one remeber just a few years ago when only fans called the team the Bengals and EVERYONE else called them the Bungals? Im not sure what you guys expect, for the most part it takes a while to build a solid team. I think it is unrealistic to deal the coaches a pretty bad hand and expect them to come out with a royal flush.

By the way, I think the players have a little bit to do with the loss, just a little.....come on now you did watch the game today right?
If your getting paid millions to catch a football, theres almost no excuse for dropping it like that. Maybe we should be a little disappointed in the players. I see an incredibly talented group of guys who decide to show up on some days and then don't show up on other days.

If you really analyze the last two games they have come down to turn overs and lack of execution on special teams. You can change coaches all you want, but that still doesn't help players protect the ball and do their job.[/quote]

Listen to this intellegent woman. ^_^

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='556172' date='Sep 23 2007, 10:05 PM']coaching had nothing to do with the loss. this might be the dumbest fucking thing ive ever heard. 2 redzone opps that werent TDs. too many punts. 2 INTs, 2 fumbles.

my lap comment of the day, "this was a game of 2's!"
our defense gave us a good enouhg game to win and we were playing with fucking free agents at LB. the coaches didnt do anything wrong. they cant go out and execute. i only bitched about 1 play the entire game and that was the 3rd and 1 pitch, other than that i have no complaints about the coaching.[/quote]

yeah thats about the only playcall you could bitch about

special teams was poop, hall is a rookie, dexter is the suck in coverage, and we are out our top 6 LB's in a 4-3 defense, we are starting dudes who were selling insurance a few weeks ago.

pollack
thurman
jeanty
brooks
henderson
marshall
miller

7 of our top 8 LB's are out.. we have landon johnson, an all state rep, and a quaker state tech playing linebacker....

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='556065' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:54 PM']today's game wasn't lost because of coaching.
The coaches didn't throw 2 INT's and complete only 12 of 23 passes (52%) in the second half after completing 75% in the first half.
The coaches didn't fumble the final kickoff.[/quote]

Something else the coaches didn't do which the Seahawks obviously did given those numbers--make adjustments at halftime.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='556201' date='Sep 23 2007, 10:25 PM']special teams was poop, hall is a rookie, dexter is the suck in coverage, and we are out our top 6 LB's in a 4-3 defense, we are starting dudes who were selling insurance a few weeks ago.
pollack
thurman
jeanty
brooks
henderson
marshall
miller
7 of our top 8 LB's are out.. we have landon johnson, an all state rep, and a quaker state tech playing linebacker....[/quote]

and with Caleb getting hurt, we may be scoutting the little ceasers soon, your cheesy bread may have to suffer for the bengals

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='556129' date='Sep 23 2007, 08:33 PM']how am I making excuses for the coaching staff?? :lol:
Face facts, Carson Palmer didn't have a good day. More INT's than TD's and poor completion percentage by his standards. He was overthrowing people or throwing behind people all day, and didn't complete a single long ball (which he is incredibly accurate at). Case in point, he through high th Reggie Kelly during a promising drive. Reggie had to jump high for it, which left him a yard short of the first down and we had to punt. An accurate pass, and he gets 5-10 yards after the marker.
And I'm sure it was Darrin Simmons fault that Holt fumbled.[/quote]

Palmer did look really poor at times. I don't understand it. On the long balls and on that short route to Holt (I think) on third down, where Holt had to jump up to catch it and tried to get the first but couldn't.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='556210' date='Sep 24 2007, 03:30 AM']and with Caleb getting hurt, we may be scoutting the little ceasers soon, your cheesy bread may have to suffer for the bengals[/quote]
:lol:

Either the vodka is finally kicking in, or you guys are finally getting your collective sense of humor back. Either way, I'm thankful. I'd perfer to finally crash tonight in a decent mood, as opposed to how I felt when the game ended... <_<

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='556156' date='Sep 23 2007, 09:50 PM']Yeah, lets change the coaches and then see what happens.....maybe a trip down memory lane? Does no one remeber just a few years ago when only fans called the team the Bengals and EVERYONE else called them the Bungals? Im not sure what you guys expect, for the most part it takes a while to build a solid team. I think it is unrealistic to deal the coaches a pretty bad hand and expect them to come out with a royal flush.

If you really analyze the last two games they have come down to turn overs and lack of execution on special teams. You can change coaches all you want, but that still doesn't help players protect the ball and do their job.[/quote]

you see players that show up one day and not the next?
you can change coaches but that still doesnt help the players protect the bal and do their job..

Well would you suggest just HOW you get your players to show up and do thier job.
who's job does that fall to?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='556224' date='Sep 23 2007, 09:38 PM']again, I don't see that much as a coaching issue. The plays weren't bad, the offense just didn't execute.[/quote]

the way I see it is, if the players aren't executing the play, stop calling it.

bad game all around. Good news is everyone will write us off against NE, so hopefully the turnaround begins then.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='556201' date='Sep 23 2007, 09:25 PM']special teams was poop, hall is a rookie, dexter is the suck in coverage, and we are out our top 6 LB's in a 4-3 defense, we are starting dudes who were selling insurance a few weeks ago.
pollack
thurman
jeanty
brooks
henderson
marshall
miller
7 of our top 8 LB's are out.. we have landon johnson, an all state rep, and a quaker state tech playing linebacker....[/quote]

Djax sucked big time today...we got burnt on that ball Burleson (SP) dropped in the endzone and he is also slow to pick up the guys in zone coverage!

Damn it's getting rediculous around here.

I thought this game was well coached outside of the one two point conversion.

We just have to protect the ball better and do a better job on special teams. Injuries hurt us, we still had a chance to win at the end. Holt holds onto that ball and personally I think we win the game or at least force OT.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='556250' date='Sep 23 2007, 10:55 PM']Damn it's getting rediculous around here.

I thought this game was well coached outside of the one two point conversion.

We just have to protect the ball better and do a better job on special teams. Injuries hurt us, we still had a chance to win at the end. Holt holds onto that ball and personally I think we win the game or at least force OT.[/quote]
Thanks Marvin... ;)

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='556218' date='Sep 23 2007, 10:33 PM']you see players that show up one day and not the next?
you can change coaches but that still doesnt help the players protect the bal and do their job..

Well would you suggest just HOW you get your players to show up and do thier job.
who's job does that fall to?[/quote]

how can you expect consistency with a revolving door on the starting lineup sheet? unless we hire the dude from the green mile who can swallow the bees that are stining everyones hamstring and make them feel better, its not going to change anything.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='556259' date='Sep 23 2007, 11:01 PM']how can you expect consistency with a revolving door on the starting lineup sheet? unless we hire the dude from the green mile who can swallow the bees that are stining everyones hamstring and make them feel better, its not going to change anything.[/quote]

we need to bring him and mr. miyagi in to fix these injuries

[quote name='GoBengals' post='556259' date='Sep 23 2007, 11:01 PM']how can you expect consistency with a revolving door on the starting lineup sheet? unless we hire the dude from the green mile who can swallow the bees that are stining everyones hamstring and make them feel better, its not going to change anything.[/quote]

Is that dude a free agent ???

[quote name='GoBengals' post='556201' date='Sep 23 2007, 10:25 PM']special teams was poop, hall is a rookie, dexter is the suck in coverage, and we are out our top 6 LB's in a 4-3 defense, we are starting dudes who were selling insurance a few weeks ago.
pollack
thurman
jeanty
brooks
henderson
marshall
miller

This team should have never been planning on having Pollack or Thurman this year. Marvin always said Odell was not with the team....hope he was listening to himself.

[quote name='Jungle1' post='556266' date='Sep 23 2007, 11:07 PM']This team should have never been planning on having Pollack or Thurman this year. Marvin always said Odell was not with the team....hope he was listening to himself.[/quote]

expecting them back or not, there wasnt much you can do to remedy the situation. go grab some mediocre overpriced free agents. i can understand 1-2 injuries plus thurman and pollack, but jesus christ... 7 dudes hurt... marshall played some. but jesus christ.... it has to be a record...

[quote name='Jungle1' post='556266' date='Sep 23 2007, 11:07 PM']This team should have never been planning on having Pollack or Thurman this year. Marvin always said Odell was not with the team....hope he was listening to himself.[/quote]

I think he finally planned on Johnson, Brooks and Jeanty as his starters..
Miller, Henderson and Frazier ( down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier) as backups...
Hey it just didnt work out that way....so you go find bodies after that...

Archived